Page 802 of 802 FirstFirst ... 302702752792798799800801802
Results 12,016 to 12,025 of 12025

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I cannot compute this statement.
    Same here. For me Chris Claremont = X-Men with few exceptions. I just can't except it as X-Men if it wasn't written by the guy who basically was the X-Men for a decade and a half.

I'm a newb. Don't worry I'm reading through the Essentials now. Just started the annual with Arkon. Loving everything so far.

Its especially funny because I absolutely hate most of the recent stuff I've read. Fraction particularly. I haven't even bothered with Bendys. I'm like a Claremont purist who hasn't read Claremont.

I'm weird like that.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; Today at 12:44 PM.
    The CompleX is real.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I know the Epic collections with get to it eventually, but I'm curious how they'll collect it. The story included multiple issues of Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man - all of which have their own Epic line. That's a lot of potential double dipping for someone who's buying all four series...
    Jeph York of Marvel's collections department posted at the MMW forums that there will be an Avengers volume collecting the whole story, while the Cap / Iron Man / Thor epic volumes will only collect their respective tie-ins, probably with recap pages.

Quote Originally Posted by NikIsTheMan View Post
    Hello to the board - long time reader but first-time poster.

I was wondering if anyone on here would recommend a site OTHER than IST or CGN for purchase of Marvel Omniboo. I have ordered from CGN in the past and was very happy with their discounts and packaging, but I learned today from them that they expect all correspondence to be done via email and will not speak to anyone over the phone about an order. I am assuming IST is the same way, although I emailed them to verify. I wanted to take advantage of my tax refund and catch up on books I was not able to get over the past year (I have about a dozen volumes I want to get), but I find it a little tough to swallow that I could be spending several hundred dollars with either company and they don't think it's right from a customer service standpoint to provide a phone number to someone who buys from them in order to talk through any questions or concerns that customer may have. So I'd like to take my business elsewhere, but not sure if anyone would recommend someone who provides similar discounts/packaging to these two but actually "allows" you to call them. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    That's a cake and eat it too scenario. You can't have such amazing prices and have someone that can spend their time one the phone dealing with customer, nor afford to hire someone to manage that. Email is much easier and quicker. If you want customer support you can go to Amazon but the prices aren't as low and the packaging is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    I have never had an issue with IST prior to this week that needed attention. Most transactions happen without incident. This week I got my Avengers v2 Omni from them and the dustjacket had a tear in it from the manufacturer (no fault of IST). I emailed them and they responded in under 24 hours with a resolution. I could not ask for more efficient service than that. They ship so well and are so pleasant to deal with I hate giving my money to anyone BUT IST.
    Same thing happened to me. I had a tear in a dust jacket recently from them and they were very quick to respond and help.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Same here. For me Chris Claremont = X-Men with few exceptions. I just can't except it as X-Men if it wasn't written by the guy who basically was the X-Men for a decade and a half.
    Claremont definitely made them who they are...well Claremont and Lobdell.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The X-Men are more or less dead to me after Uncanny X-Men #279. Lobdell and Nicieza quickly destroyed anything interesting about them.

Shut yo mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    The X-Men are more or less dead to me after Uncanny X-Men #279. Lobdell and Nicieza quickly destroyed anything interesting about them.
    This can't be quoted enough times.

I may have some issues with Claremont's dialog, but his characterization and storylines in X-Men were some of the best in comics. Lobdell and Nicieza (along with a lot of help from the editing staff) sh*t all over that.

Some things you shouldn't joke about.

Maybe he really loves El Tigre.