Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: The Names, #1

Written by Peter Milligan with art by Leandro Fernandez, "The Names" #1 opens with an apparent suicide as Katya Walker begins her journey to find out what happened to her husband and why.

Full review here.

It was okay. I was disappointed since I was expecting more.
    BB

I thought it was interesting and I enjoyed reading it. I'll be picking up #2.
    Pull List: New Suicide Squad, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, Grayson, Storm, Hawkeye vs. Deadpool vs. Crime, Rocket Raccoon, Death of Wolverine, Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman, Borderlands: The Fall of Fyrestone, The Fade-Out, The Delinquents, The Names, Pop, Futurama, Bob's Burgers, Cloaks, Ex-Con, God Hates Astronauts, Copperhead, Wild's End, Prometheus: Fire and Stone, Imperial, Rot & Ruin, Edge of Spiderverse, Oddly Normal, Gotham Academy

It was very good I'm there for issue #2.

It was a good set-up issue. I think it will develop into a very interesting mini.

I'M really enjoying this comic. Great #1 issue. I will be getting all 8... Love the variant cover also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpluse2 View Post
    I'M really enjoying this comic. Great #1 issue. I will be getting all 8... Love the variant cover also.
    According to Peter it's 9 issues long.
    BB

I picked it up based on some of the preview info I had seen. It piqued my interest enough that I'll pick up issue two. First issues have to sacrifice in order to introduce all of the players. It would have been better to save the seven pages of Katya's conflict with Marco for issue two and use those pages for better character development of Katya, Philip, the Surgeon and Stoker, all of whom seem to be the main characters.

My only complaint is that the Surgeon and Adam Stoker characters are very similar in looks. So similar that I thought Stoker was the Surgeon in the scene where they are together in their headquarters, which had me confused when who I thought was the Surgeon asked about 'the downsizing on wall street' when the downsizing was done by the Surgeon. Turns out it was Walker anking the Surgeon.

With the dark, moody coloring there aren't many distinguishing features between the two other than Stoker has a double breasted suit (to the Surgeon's single) and a five o'clock shadow.