Super Moderator

Default Gunn Reveals Stan Lee's Original "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cameo

James Gunn has posted a photo of Stan Lee's original "Guardians of the Galaxy" cameo: a part of the Collector's massive museum of oddities.

Full article here.

the used cameo wasn't Stan's funniest, but i'm glad they didn't go with this. it's too broad, a repeat of something that already happened that was funnier, and - i know Stan isn't some wholesome, faultless person, but - i don't like the idea of him flipping people (or tree people) off.

It really would've been something to see Stan Lee as himself as a change for once. Maybe the joke would've been too broad, or maybe it could've been meta: he helped create this universe, and now he's trapped in it.

Just be sure not to take him out of his original packaging, or he'll loose his value.

I would have been ok with it except for the flipping the bird bit. Seems way out of character.

And hey, how nice is the Collector for giving Stan a chair!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandas View Post
    I would have been ok with it except for the flipping the bird bit. Seems way out of character.

And hey, how nice is the Collector for giving Stan a chair!
    It's really not out of character at all. But I'm glad they didn't do it. It is funny though.

StanLeeFinger.jpg

my lips own you all master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    It's really not out of character at all. But I'm glad they didn't do it. It is funny though.

StanLeeFinger.jpg
    "up yours, true believer!"

The filmed cameo is the best. Stan as a Space Mack. The mainstream press would have tried to roast Stan over flipping the bird. He needs to be brought in for TV shows like Good Morning America and Live with Kelly & Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The filmed cameo is the best. Stan as a Space Mack. The mainstream press would have tried to roast Stan over flipping the bird. He needs to be brought in for TV shows like Good Morning America and Live with Kelly & Michael.
    Maybe they wouldn't. Betty White has done far, far worse things and she's applauded for her energy and humor, like the cool badass grandma everyone wishes they had.

(Nevermind, just realized it's not Stan.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    They already did the "Stan as Hugh Heffner" thing back in Iron Man 2. The GotG cameo really just reads as a rehash of that. Take out the "flipping the bird" aspect, which Gunn said he did early on in revisions anyways, and I think the display case cameo would have been a lot funnier. Like Cyke said, it could have been hilariously meta.
    SHSO: Polite Earthen Despair

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrebomb View Post
    They already did the "Stan as Hugh Heffner" thing back in Iron Man 2. The GotG cameo really just reads as a rehash of that. Take out the "flipping the bird" aspect, which Gunn said he did early on in revisions anyways, and I think the display case cameo would have been a lot funnier. Like Cyke said, it could have been hilariously meta.
    But the flipping the bird thing was already done by Peter Quill earlier in the movie. You really can't do it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsabretooth View Post
    But the flipping the bird thing was already done by Peter Quill earlier in the movie. You really can't do it twice.
    Maybe read past the first sentence before mashing the reply button?
    SHSO: Polite Earthen Despair