Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Matt Nable Cast as Ra's al Ghul on "Arrow"

After being discussed throughout "Arrow" season two, Bat-villain Ra's al Ghul will debut for episodes into season three, played by Matt Nable.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    After being discussed throughout "Arrow" season two, Bat-villain Ra's al Ghul will debut for episodes into season three, played by Matt Nable.

Full article here.
    This is Ra's?:

mnable[1].jpg

Don't see it.
    You don't have to break it to fix it.

So... a white guy from Australia is playing an Arab character when there aren't many minority characters as is?

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    So... a white guy from Australia is playing an Arab character when there aren't many minority characters as is?
    I know sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Most people who play Arab characters are white, hispanic, or Indian.
    Do you like Wonder Woman? Do you like murder?

If you do, you should visit my blog, where I expose Wonder Woman for what she really is!

I wonder why they didn't go for Neeson.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Because they realized that they ruined the character once, so figured they'd have another go.

I never realized how difficult it was, however, for casting directors to figure out what part of the world a dark skinned man wielding a scimitar and named Ra'S Al Ghul could possibly come from...

Creative Director Michael Sacal's Avatar

I wonder if Ra's will refer to Oliver as "Archer" just like he tends to refer to Bruce as "Detective". That would be cool.
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

I was expecting a more ... Arab / Asian looking actor.
    I mean - Ra's al Ghul !

But I didn't understand black Nick Fury at first, and he grew on me
    so Im sure a caucasian Ra's will work, too.
    Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I'm under the impression Neeson thought he was being asked about playing Ra's again in the shared cinematic DC Universe movies, not the considerably-beneath-him possibility of guesting on a TV show on the CW network.

Also, this Matt Nable guy may be a good surprise for ARROW. Here's a more Ra's-ish pic (he's the guy on the left):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Creative Director Michael Sacal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I'm under the impression Neeson thought he was being asked about playing Ra's again in the shared cinematic DC Universe movies, not the considerably-beneath-him possibility of guesting on a TV show on the CW network.
    If appearing in Agents of SHIELD is going enough for Samuel L. Jackson, why would appearing in Arrow be beneath Neeson?
    Thanks,
    --

Michael Sacal

My thoughts exactly.

I don't care what colour he is, if he is good and interesting then I'm happy.

Did you complain about Liam Neeson getting cast, back for Batman Begins?

Or, if only for a cameo in The Dark Knight Rises, Josh Pence? True, I had to research, upon IMDB, his name, but found out his nationality is Californian and white, in skin colour.

Irish, for Neeson, white again for skin colour.

Also, I never connected Ras' with such ethnithities, or leanings, so where is all this coming from for some people? I don't understand it. Are some just desperate to cling onto some idea of more ethnic characters, comic wise, especially such a significant one, especialy villain wise?

Or, is it because of what the creator said, the company, or editors/publishers?

The name? What's so specific nationatily about him?

He looks right, with the picture I saw there, and from what I saw of Al Ghul in Young Justice.

So, I'm happy there, really, though find it a shame Liam doesn't get another go. Wish he'd had a more substantial role in TDKR, or been main threat. Would've loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sacal View Post
    If appearing in Agents of SHIELD is going enough for Samuel L. Jackson, why would appearing in Arrow be beneath Neeson?
    Jackson? The same guy who hawks CapitalOne credit cards on American commercials? One, He'll do almost anything for the right amount of money. Two, since AGENTS OF SHIELD is officially and directly tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney probably made sure Jackson was contractually obligated to put in an occasional TV appearance on the show as part of his movie-star salary. Neeson's movie-star salary would torpedo ARROW's CW-only budget for the season.

ARROW is a stand-alone, DARK KNIGHT trilogy was a stand-alone, neither connected to DC Cinematic Universe. Totally different scenario with Liam Neeson than Samuel L. Jackson.

Bring on Matt Nable as the Demon's Head on ARROW.