Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Supergirl" TV Series May Be In The Works

Recent reports state that a "Supergirl" television series is currently being shopped to various networks by Warner Bros. & DC Entertainment.

Full article here.

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-tv-show-rumor/

After appearing in several Seasons of Smallville, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, her own 1984 film and many more, it looks like Kal-Els' super-powered cousin could well be getting a TV show of her own.

When it came to the first of those three, I found either Vandervoots interpretation, the writers, producers, or what have you, to be mostly emotionally detached, good looking, with little personality, of passion, or va-voom, in her performance, but with the powers handy enough.

Not TOO bad in Season 8, liked her well enough in 10, trying to help Clark to fly.

Brilliant in THAT fight for S/B:Apocalpyse. Never saw that film, don't know if anyone would recommend it, really.

Not sure if this will come to fruition, or should, unless they'll double time on film and TV. Say after MOS, Easter egg, or comic prequel, it's already set up to bring her in, but hey. If indeed, they can manage Flash on two, along with Bruce Wayne and Alfred, hopefully Gordon's the same.

Also, nice enough offering from DC for moment, so maybe wait until Autumn 2015 to air it, if not develop, so to get used to Gotham, Constantine, or The Flash. Might be nice exploration of some other Krytonian, and delve into the mythology. Wonder who they'd cast, or use as allies, foes?

"If picked up, "Supergirl" would be the first female-driven comics-based television show since the original "Wonder Woman" television series ended in 1979."

Birds of Prey was a female based television show after Wonder Woman ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturzl View Post
    "If picked up, "Supergirl" would be the first female-driven comics-based television show since the original "Wonder Woman" television series ended in 1979."

So was Witchblade. And Sheena. And Painkiller Jane.
    Last edited by peckinpah; 09-04-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturzl View Post

2001 if I remember correctly, if not 2002.

Sure, still a gap between Wonder Woman and Birds Of Prey, but good to get the facts correct when it comes to things like this.

And yeah, still a gap between BOP and a Supergirl, so, who knows?

I'll believe it when I see the "Coming this Fall on..." preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    Which network, or lead, would you like?

Or, if picked up, air date?

I dunno about the timing of this. Comic Book TV shows are already going to be at an all-time high this season, with DC already having ARROW, and launching 4 other new series such as THE FLASH, GOTHAM, CONSTANTINE and IZOMBIE across various networks. Kinda depends on how they all do. Not saying this can't happen, just saying ... a solo SUPERGIRL probably doesn't get past the pitch stage for the same reason you won't see a solo BATGIRL live TV series anytime soon. Too many strings attached.

But we'll see ...

Please not with that fugly outfit with the big red splotch crotch she wears now.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Please not with that fugly outfit with the big red splotch crotch she wears now.
    Bad taste detected
    It grips prey with its pincers until the prey is torn in half. What it can't tear, it tosses far.

RIP #GamerGate, 2014-2014 Support Women in Comics and Video Games!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    If picked up, "Supergirl" would be the first female-driven comics-based television show since the original "Wonder Woman" television series ended in 1979.
    Uh, I don't suppose CBR is going to fix this glaringly wrong statement? Witchblade and Birds of Prey both aired in the early 2000's.

But even if the writer of the article forgot about those, how in the world did he forget the fact that Agent Carter starts airing this winter and AKA Jessica Jones airs on Netflix in 2015. Both of those will clearly air before Supergirl's pilot.

Supergirl was the first DC comics I started reading (Gates, Ogle) and I've been reading the series ever since. (I like her costume, why do people always comment on her crotch?) I adore the character and ot would be awesome to see her on TV. (Please don't reuse the Smallville version

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    I remember when Fearless was coming this fall. And then it never came and then we got One Tree Hill instead.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Oh look my thread and original post were deleted because heaven forbid the farmer notices the pigs are walking.

Give this show a chance and let's hope it doesn't end up with ABC, CBS, NBC or CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpdad View Post
    Give this show a chance and let's hope it doesn't end up with ABC, CBS, NBC or CW.
    Other than perhaps Netflix, HBO, AMC, or a few others here and there, where would you air, or stream it otherwise?

And why not any of them?