Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Soule Plots a Return of the Kings in "Inhuman"

Charles Soule discusses the return of two kings in "Inhuman," more Nuhuman introductions and the long-term importance of the series to the Marvel U.

Full article here.

I have to say I am really liking this series so far, a lot of stuff has happened to delay it but I'm glad it's finally moving along. I have to say that the NuHumans such as Lineage and Inferno are pretty cool and I really like seeing the original cast like Gorgon interacting with them.

However, I'm worried about Black Bolt coming back, for a few reasons. One is that I really like Medusa as queen/leader of the Inhumans and I'm not sure if Black Bolt being back would change that. Secondly, he's supposed to be dead as far as she knows so to learn he faked his death the whole time can not end well when he returns.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I hope this doesn't mean Black Bolt is going to hijack Medusa's story.

Formerly rsreed13 robreedwrites's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    That was my initial concern, but the way Soule talks about Medusa, I don't think it's something we're going to have to worry about. I'm looking forward to the upcoming issues and seeing this story unfold on the global scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    The way I read it is it's a behind the scenes look at what Black Bolt is doing while not shown in New Avengers. Show more of exactly what the threat is and to see future plots. Medusa will still be the focus and will have a good showing in the arc after that from what Soule is saying.

I have the same concerns as the rest of you.

Just read issue 4, and I really like that Medusa is center-stage in this book. Too often she's been relegated to Blackagar's translator.

On another note, I remember in the issue 4 review thread that someone mentioned how this book feels like a 90's X-Men book, and I kind of get that vibe as well - what with the new characters, the exploration of the Inhuman boom, the dueling ideologies and leaders. It's not a bad thing, but it does kind of make me wish that Soule was heading up the X-Line. The other side of that is that with Inhuman Soule DOES get a lot more room to create whereas X-Men he'd probably have to toe the line with a stock roster.

I do hope that Marvel gives him the time to explore all of the things he wants to dig into as it sounds like he has this book planned out for at least two years and they (Marvel) seriously botched this launch. I'd be willing for a relaunch after issue 12 as well if Soule gets to stay on deck if just to give the book a shot in the arm.

Stegman's art is GORG.

Can anyone remind me what Minneapolis kid's power is or are?
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I hope this book picks up some more readers from Axis because it would be shame for this book to get euthanized.
    If you all are correct about this being more of a behind the scenes thing with Black Bolt, that would be great. I would really just hate to see Medusa reduced to being his mouthpiece again. It would cut her spotlight way too short. She should get at least 2-3 years of being totally in charge first.

Is this inhumanity thing anyway related to the essence of the Inhumans topics of social conformity and caste system? To be honest, i've been ignoring it completely because it feels like it has nothing to do with what Inhuman stories were about, and it's just a way Marvel found to do mutant stories in future movies without the mutants.

THere hasnt been a whole lot of their social systems written yet in the new series. We saw a minor glimpse of their economy system with the street bazaar, but that's it so far.

Is Olympus still above/next to/near New York City, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Stegman's art is GORG.

Can anyone remind me what Minneapolis kid's power is or are?
    There's a powered Minneapolis kid? Neat.

Love that they're introducing more cool, New characters, and I love the sound of the hidden Inhuman faction. Can't wait to read Soule's Maximus!

Now that the initial delays seem to have finally been sorted out I'm liking this series. Not one of my favourite books but I'm enjoying anyway. Looking forward to the story arc. And personally speaking, I'm especially enjoying how Soule is writing Medusa.

I'm loving this book and I hope BB being part of the illuminati will cause a riff between Medusa and Black Bolt. However I don't think that will be the case here --- I love the way Medusa is featured in this book. Give me a Queen, a Royal family and Intrigue in the Inhumans society anytime to keep me interested in this book
    Last edited by N'Dare; 09-05-2014 at 12:43 PM.

I hope Medusa remains the leader of the Inhumans. Perhaps Black Bolt's return will drive a wedge between them. I mean, he faked his death and left his people to fend for themselves. There has to be some kind of consequences for his actions.

And I'm curious as to what role Maximus will play.