Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Gotham" a Go at Fox

Fox has picked up Batman prequel series "Gotham" as the third new drama for its 2014-2015 television season.

Full article here.

A: I hope it'd good
    B: I hope Fox lets it keep going
    Make it blue

Original Join Date: Oct 2005

Color me unsurprised. It's connected to Batman, a multibillion dollar property. I'm sure they see it as easy money.

If it's as least as good as Almost Human, I'll be happy. Shame about that cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Color me unsurprised. It's connected to Batman, a multibillion dollar property. I'm sure they see it as easy money.
    And of course it's another police procedural drama, because network TV doesn't want to deviate to much from their norm.

Just saw the trailer during 24 live another day. I didn't realise Pamela Isley was going to be in this.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Not interested.

Looks good. Since this looks to be its own thing and most likely not connected to the new Ben Affleck movies I wouldn't mind if they took some major liberties such as giving the Joker some type of pre Joker characterization like the other villains seem to be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Looks good. Since this looks to be its own thing and most likely not connected to the new Ben Affleck movies I wouldn't mind if they took some major liberties such as giving the Joker some type of pre Joker characterization like the other villains seem to be getting.
    Such as the red hood?
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Do you know when it is going to air? This fall?

A bit nervous about it being on FOX but it looks like something I'll enjoy for however long it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Such as the red hood?
    Yes like possibly seeing him without the helmet on and getting more development of the character such as a real name and background.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Just saw the trailer during 24 live another day. I didn't realise Pamela Isley was going to be in this.
    That actually was a turn off for me. From the moment they added Penguin I kind of feared that they'd rely too much on Bruce's future to build Gordon's story. That trailer didn't do much to assuage those feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    That actually was a turn off for me. From the moment they added Penguin I kind of feared that they'd rely too much on Bruce's future to build Gordon's story. That trailer didn't do much to assuage those feelings.
    But then exactly what are you supposed to do without some of the core Batman villains? There's only so many times you could do, say, a Carmine Falcone story or a Sal Maroni story. They're keeping it fresh and relatively interesting by invoking these characters without a Batman around to handle them, really.

Part-Time Pen Monkey

While I like the concept, I think the show will struggle to come up with plot past a single season unless they try and make a lot of new characters. At that point, it just turns into any other crime drama type show trying to make ratings numbers playing on the "Batman" connection. We cant make all of Batman's rogue gallery 10+ years older than him, and lets be honest, the baddies are what really make us love Batman. A few here or there is okay, but most didn't go over the edge until Bats was already fighting crime.

Of course if its even halfway decent, it could be canceled after one season. As that seems to be typical Fox custom. Though its less likely with the Batman license. Still it could happen. Then I can just pick up the complete series on DVD cheap.

Out w/the old in w/the.. NewMutant's Avatar

It looks good. But I don't want to see a show about young Bruce Wayne. We need a Gotham Central pre-Batman show.