Super Moderator

Default AMC's "The Walking Dead" Spinoff Gets Pilot Order

AMC's "The Walking Dead" companion series has gotten the green light for a pilot from the network, scheduled for production in late 2014.

Full article here.

So they are turning Walking Dead into World War Z...

I am curious where they will set it. I don't think they will do it somewhere that they have to deal with snow like the Midwest or Northeast and I am not sure if they would set another show in the South either. Maybe the West Coast or Pacific Northwest.

My dream set up would be for them to just do one and done seasons set all over the country. One season your up around the Great Lakes and the next your in the dessert and so on with new cast each season.

Detroit is just begging to be used as a set for this, and that production could bring some much needed commerce and opportunity to that city.

Either way, this has potential to be better than the main series since we'll have no previous ideas of what it should be or isn't in relation to its source material.

Your right in that parts of Detroit already look perfect without even having to dress them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am curious where they will set it. I don't think they will do it somewhere that they have to deal with snow like the Midwest or Northeast and I am not sure if they would set another show in the South either. Maybe the West Coast or Pacific Northwest.

My dream set up would be for them to just do one and done seasons set all over the country. One season your up around the Great Lakes and the next your in the dessert and so on with new cast each season.
    Since its my home, I am hoping for the Pacific Northwest.
    Life is but a dream

This is neat. I'm ok with a spinoff as long as it doesn't take any of the creative juices away from "The Walking Dead."

am i the only one thinking maybe they shouldn't milk the concept too much?

it's a good premise for a tv show, but 2 shows might be too much. it might tank.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    am i the only one thinking maybe they shouldn't milk the concept too much?

it's a good premise for a tv show, but 2 shows might be too much. it might tank.
    People may be tired of the characters and want to look into the same setup with different people.
    I mean.... how many Zombie shows are out there? Sci-fi channel has one coming up but other than that there's nothing really.

I think this is a great idea. I heard about this a while ago and forgot about it until now. I'd like it if they did a rewind and showed us some new characters at the very beginning of the outbreak before the world went to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    People may be tired of the characters and want to look into the same setup with different people.
    I mean.... how many Zombie shows are out there? Sci-fi channel has one coming up but other than that there's nothing really.
    Izombie too.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

100% Behind New CBR ! SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The show just makes too much damn money for AMC. I see AMC airing the spin-off the months spring/summer the original series isn't on. I also hope they have the show happen in a Northern city and have snow and more be featured. I will suggest something and I think they should cast a woman as the lead character in the next film. She is the leader of the group.

I think even Kirkman himself has laid a seed for it as he had this female character appear recently in the comics leading a small group herself and has some comparisons to Rick Grimes.

Her name is Magna . Before she meets Grimes and company she has led a group of people herself and details how long they have went.
    SuperE believes in this....he believes in this place . He also believes in the peace and harmony . Lionel Ritchie taught me how to love again.

They could do an anthology type show, that spent a season with a group that shows up in the main series at some point. Say, the antagonists of this upcoming season. That way each season of the spin off show would actually tie in to a season/plot line of the regular show, giving more incentive to watch the spin off show. Also keeping casting costs low, since you wouldn't need to keep renegotiating as they wouldn't be staying around. Like they did with the alternating Woodbury episodes.

If NCIS x 3, CSI Riverside/Cucamonga/Astoria, and blahblahblahSVU can prosper, this can too.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 09-06-2014 at 03:00 PM.