Page 4377 of 4377 FirstFirst ... 3377387742774327436743734374437543764377
Results 65,641 to 65,653 of 65653

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Luger in a shoot interview detailed his jump to the WWF back in 1991/1992.

- He was working in WCW at the time and at this point he was due to win the WCW World title off Ric Flair at a PPV. Anyhow at this point , Flair and WCW was having problems so he walked off with the belt. Which had folks questioning what the hell was gonna happen.

- At the show finally that night , they told him ...your gonna go full heel and were putting everything behind you. Your gonna beat Barry Windham in the cage and now have Harley Race as your manager. So he was like ok...I'm ready for this. I get Harley and full heel. Luger put over he loved playing a heel more than a face so he was feeling happy with it.

- Fast forward months later and things aren't going well. WCW is in a cost cutting spree and they tell him they may fire Harley . He's like this isn't how I wanted things to go for myself. So he is seeing Vince McMahon promote the WBF deal. Now he really was intrigued by the WBF and he thought , I could get myself in the best damn shape of my life and so do that. So he called up to speak to Vince.

- Its there he told Vince he had a year left on his contract but he pitched that the WBF needed a big heel like himself to be a bodybuilder. That he could get even more in shape and do it. Vince was like , let me call you back. A couple weeks later Vince calls and tell Lex , if you can get outta your deal I'll sign you to a WBF deal 1st.

- Lex went to WCW and told them he wanted to retire awhile and was tired of wrestling. Well he was tired for sure because he was traveling 300 days a year and his body was tired. But he had plans to work in WWF in the future. So he even told WCW they could take his final years salary and he'd be ok with that. WCW was having money issues and were ok with that !

- Well he started working out and was soon getting in the best shape of his life for the WBF 1st. He was ripped good. Then ...he tore his forearm up in a wreck . By the time he re-worked himself back the WBF was pretty much gone and he signed a WWF deal. So he debuted as the Narcissist and he had no clue that Bobby Heenan would become his manager. Backstage Heenan was handed this script and was like , "Your making me sound like I'm a gay man describing this guys body."

- It got some laughs and they assured Bobby it was body builder stuff and he'd be ok. Heenan as Luger claims went out and did it as a pro. Even though he was unsure of how it would come across.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Her heel offense is totally unrealistic in-ring. How does she have these forearms of death? I know it's hard to be a heel high flyer, but they should let her try I think. She's a diminutive 5 ft girl, how is she so dominant in-ring?
    being a good heel against considerably bigger opponents in the ring is kind of tricky and she's just not that good at it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She has a gymnast/cheer background. When she did that in NXT, she got too many pops.

I like her DDT better than the forearm, personally. The Twisted Bliss should be saved for big moments and/or a face turn.

I posted that via WWE.

Someone deep dove and found that Alexa comes in at 9. There are other heels ahead of her, too.

She's been Ric Flairing her way to the top. I can't really fault her or the company for that. She's a great heel.
    those stats can be misleading. yes becky lynch for instance has more wins, but she's also wrestled 347 matches compared to alexa's 187.

I can't believe people don't appreciate a good heel anymore.

People want to punch her in the face and that's a good thing.

People want to see her lose and that's a good thing.

People don't turn the channel on her because she can talk and that's a good thing. They want to see her get squished, embarrassed, punched, or her arm torn off.
    i think people still appreciate a good heel or they wouldn't even acknowledge that she is a good heel. i know i appreciate a good heel i just recognize she isn't the only one on the roster. i also appreciate good matches and she often fails to deliver on that end.

this idea of her being like ric flair seems wacky as shit to me, she's nowhere near the poerformer flair was so there's no reason to book her that way.

And she's not dominating the division with "burials" of talent, she puts people over, and will take loses all the time.
    she kind of BERRYED sasha & bayley with the way she was booked to beat them. and when she gets her wins back right away it kind diminishes the putting over.

you don't think the women divisions are pretty shitty right now??
    Last edited by BigLbo; Yesterday at 03:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

those stats can be misleading. yes becky lynch for instance has more wins, but she's also wrestled 347 matches compared to alexa's 187.
    I get that. I'm under no illusion that amount of total matches can conflate that total.
    she kind of BERRYED sasha & bayley with the way she was booked to beat them. and when she gets her wins back right away it kind diminishes the putting over.
    Not really her fault for the booking. I haven't really seen or heard rumors of her throwing around her weight.

you don't think the women divisions are pretty shitty right now??
    I think the only thing they've fucked up bad has been Asuka and Bayley. Asuka should be staring down Rousey and Bayley should be the superface.

The rest has been okay to great. Which is miles above the men, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A few months ago in a shoot , Christian and Edge was discussing Crash Holly. Christian brought up a funny miscommunication deal that involved him in a singles match.

- Anyhow Christian claims at times miscommunications through a lot of folks can happen and he brought up a UK PPV that they did where it was him and Edge against the Holly's (Bob & Crash) and 2 other teams. Of course they had a short singles match 1st with him and Crash. It was gonna be a 4-5 minute match that basically was to test the cameras and get the crowd hyped up . A quick clusterfuck match type deal and as they are backstage a producer walks up and says ...Crash will go over you Christian.

- Anyhow they put the finish together backstage and minutes later up walks the producer who said change of plans , Christian you go over. So ok ....another finish is worked up. So minutes closer to this and the producer claims another change of plans. Its Crash again and we can't confirm it but we believe its what they wanna do. So now they have 2 finishes they can do , but really don't know what the hell is going on. This goes all the way to the start and they are waiting at guerrilla position and Christian claims sometimes , Vince doesn't show up there at times.

- So they are standing at position and the producer is like , you get 5 minutes , maybe an extra minute after possibly. You'll get the cue. And both are like , do we have the finish finally ? And the guy is like , oh yeah...Christian goes over. So they go out , do the match and its quick like 4 minutes .

- Backstage Bob Holly is pissed and is like WTF happened out there ? And starts to accuse Christian of changing the finish. Another producer chimed in he thought Crash was supposed to win. But back then folks believed he changed the finish and would make snide comments about how ya better watch or Christian will change a finish. And he hadn't been in company a long time.

- Anyhow on a bus guys are still giving him grief over it so he finally walks to the back and tells them , ok lets clear this up. So they asked him how it changed and to his credit ...Crash backed him up saying it did happen. We had no idea what was going on . Now the guys are comically ribbing him and like , Crash ya don't have to back him up like this. But he did and folks then starting joking about it as no big deal.

But miscommunication can happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sasha Banks might have spoiled something major. On her instagram she posted a picture of the first ever WWE women's tag team champions. Couple that with the rumors of Steph returning to Raw to announce an all female PPV we might see a womens tag title being re-introduced in the show.

If this garbage Bayley/Sasha feud was all done as build up to make them the inaugural champions it will piss me off even more. The inaugural champs should be an actual team like the Iconics.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Sasha Banks might have spoiled something major. On her instagram she posted a picture of the first ever WWE women's tag team champions. Couple that with the rumors of Steph returning to Raw to announce an all female PPV we might see a womens tag title being re-introduced in the show.

If this garbage Bayley/Sasha feud was all done as build up to make them the inaugural champions it will piss me off even more. The inaugural champs should be an actual team like the Iconics.
    If its true, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that, given there are 2 divisions of women on RAW and Smackdown. Will each brand get a womans tag belt, or will only RAW get it, or will the champs float between brands?

I wonder if they first champs won't be the Bellas. Since neither are full time workers, it would likely be a temporary thing but they are an established female tag team.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If its true, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that, given there are 2 divisions of women on RAW and Smackdown. Will each brand get a womans tag belt, or will only RAW get it, or will the champs float between brands?

I wonder if they first champs won't be the Bellas. Since neither are full time workers, it would likely be a temporary thing but they are an established female tag team.
    The current roster on both brands have enough teams that the WWE doesn't need to bring in the Bellas unless they want more Face teams. Becky and Charlotte are the only plausible face team. Everyone else are heels.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...53198308495361
    @JDfromNY206
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    Are you for or against the introduction of #WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships?
    4:39 PM - 20 Jul 2018
    23 Retweets 87 Likes AwesomeKid254Catalyst Of CharismaRYNE219��️*��Jeremy♋#WOKEN AllHailMauroCharleschanler jettBrent MorrisZach Oden
    100 replies 23 retweets 87 likes
    Reply 100 Retweet 23 Like 87 Direct message

all 3 brands would be best
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...53198308495361
    @JDfromNY206
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    Are you for or against the introduction of #WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships?
    4:39 PM - 20 Jul 2018
    23 Retweets 87 Likes AwesomeKid254Catalyst Of CharismaRYNE219��️*��Jeremy♋#WOKEN AllHailMauroCharleschanler jettBrent MorrisZach Oden
    100 replies 23 retweets 87 likes
    Reply 100 Retweet 23 Like 87 Direct message

all 3 brands would be best
    I'd like to see that, and it could potentially be a doorway to a casual fan to get into more programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The current roster on both brands have enough teams that the WWE doesn't need to bring in the Bellas unless they want more Face teams. Becky and Charlotte are the only plausible face team. Everyone else are heels.
    Yeah, the potential heel combinations do outnumber the faces. Iconics, Absolution, the Riot Squod, and I'd even say Alexa/Micky. On the face side of things it's basically just the hores women... CHarlotte/Becky and probably Sasha/Bayley.

Ronda and Natalya I suppose could be a team (though I'm guessing Natalya ultimate turns on Ronda).

Naomi/Lana is a potential face team, though Lana does seem stuck in Tweenerland at the moment. If not Lana, you could go cross-brand and have Naomi and Ember team together. Would certainly be the most athletic team of any of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I get that. I'm under no illusion that amount of total matches can conflate that total.

Not really her fault for the booking. I haven't really seen or heard rumors of her throwing around her weight.
    can't speak for anybody else but i never placed blame on her for any of it.

I think the only thing they've fucked up bad has been Asuka and Bayley. Asuka should be staring down Rousey and Bayley should be the superface.

The rest has been okay to great. Which is miles above the men, IMHO.
    i think they've also killed sasha & nia's momentum on RAW, natty never had momentum to begin with but she's not used well either.

on smackdown i'm sorry good heel on not carmella is a terrible wrestler atm and that drags the whole division down. they might as well just had brought maryse back and give her the title. becky's been a failure for so long it's really difficult to buy into her at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Naomi/Lana is a potential face team, though Lana does seem stuck in Tweenerland at the moment. If not Lana, you could go cross-brand and have Naomi and Ember team together. Would certainly be the most athletic team of any of 'em.
    tamina and naomi would make sense as a team.