Page 3470 of 3486 FirstFirst ... 247029703370342034603466346734683469347034713472347334743480 ... LastLast
Results 52,036 to 52,050 of 52286

Thread: Wrestling WWE

  1. #52036
    Astonishing Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    4,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    There is no protected loss from this. Stowman either wins the Universal Championship or doesn't. He's been going up a ladder that's about to come to an end and there's no where to go but down.

    Lesnar's aura of invincibility took a hit when Goldberg squashed him and it's been dwindling in his latest defenses. He had a difficult time with Samoa Joe, he barely escaped the Fatal Four Way, and he's more than likely going to have another difficult defense. The Universal Championship match at Wrestlemania is going to be no different than this year's with Lesnar and Goldberg. We know Lesnar's contract is up and we know Reigns is going to win.
    Whoever finally beats Lesnar, whether it's Strowman, Reigns or Joe, the way for Lesnar to save face is to have Heyman betray him and help whoever beats him. It's been done before and WWE loves to recycle old material.

  2. #52037
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think Strowman will get a protected loss.

    Lesnar has done nothing but take beating after beating from Strowman. If he straight up loses the belt after that, Lesnar's aura of invinsibility gets torn down, and it's much harder for him to rebuild it given how seldom he's around.

    If Strowman gets a protected loss, he's still there every Monday after the PPV. He can throw people through cages and tip over ambulances to regain any momentym he might lose after a loss to Brock.
    They blew it with Ryback when he was white hot and they wouldn't take the title off Punk.

    Imho, they need to change plans and give it to Braun. He cannot come up short.

  3. #52038
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Whoever finally beats Lesnar, whether it's Strowman, Reigns or Joe, the way for Lesnar to save face is to have Heyman betray him and help whoever beats him. It's been done before and WWE loves to recycle old material.
    Lesnar doesn't need to save face. They've already chipped away at his dominance and invincibility and it's made him vulnerable. He's no where near as dominant as he was during his 2014 - 2015 reign and, come No Mercy, he'll have had just as many matches.

  4. #52039
    Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    9,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They blew it with Ryback when he was white hot and they wouldn't take the title off Punk.

    Imho, they need to change plans and give it to Braun. He cannot come up short.
    hahahahhhhaaaaaahahahaaaahaaaaa

    oh man

    thank you for that

    I havent laughed that hard since I was a school girl
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

    - Joe Kuharich

  5. #52040
    Incredible Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Brock's aura of invincibility being gone is a good thing. He's got three big dudes coming after him who have no fear and can hit as hard or possibly harder as he can. This isn't gutter trash like Rollins or Ambrose that he can walk through while asleep, he's got be more resilient because these three come at him differently and have proven they'll take his biggest shots and still come back for more. That's great pro wrestling and that there's complaining about that is... something.

  6. #52041
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They blew it with Ryback when he was white hot and they wouldn't take the title off Punk.

    Imho, they need to change plans and give it to Braun. He cannot come up short.
    Putting the title on Ryback over Punk would have been so stupid. Ryback was never white hot only place he is over in his mind. Anyone who listens to it quickly learns Ryback is the best and invented everything in wrestling.

  7. #52042
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    There is no protected loss from this. Stowman either wins the Universal Championship or doesn't. He's been going up a ladder that's about to come to an end and there's no where to go but down.

    Lesnar's aura of invincibility took a hit when Goldberg squashed him and it's been dwindling in his latest defenses. He had a difficult time with Samoa Joe, he barely escaped the Fatal Four Way, and he's more than likely going to have another difficult defense. The Universal Championship match at Wrestlemania is going to be no different than this year's with Lesnar and Goldberg. We know Lesnar's contract is up and we know Reigns is going to win.
    Of the ultimate plan is to use Brock to put over Reigns at Wrestlemania, then having Braun do it first at a secondary ppv sort of waters that down considerably.

  8. #52043
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Of the ultimate plan is to use Brock to put over Reigns at Wrestlemania, then having Braun do it first at a secondary ppv sort of waters that down considerably.
    The plan is already watered down when Reigns is going to defeat a part-timer whose contract is expiring. The mystique of Lesnar being unstoppable has been gone since Survivor Series while, most recently, Strowman has been dominating anybody in his path. How many dates does Lesnar have after No Mercy? All while they can continue to book Strowman dominating the Raw roster full time.

  9. #52044
    Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,827

    Default

    Something tells me Braun/Bork draws more than Lazer/Borman.

    Give the title the Braun and let Brock go nuts, murdering people to get it back. Win the Rumble from the 1 spot, breaking Roman's record while throwing Roman out last. Let those 2 compete for the record.

    Make it a losers leaves town match.

    BOOM!

    Braun retires Bork and Roman might look a little better to the fans.

    Or screw all that noise and let Joe kill everybody.

    They need some mayhem.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  10. #52045
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    5,819

    Default

    If Braun wins at No Mercy, I say let him keep it until Mania, keeping booking him like they have been, then give the belt to Roman at Mania. Beating Braun, who really does look unstoppable, would do more for Roman than beating a part-timer whose mystique of invincibility has been carved up since Survivor Series. IMHO anyway.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

  11. #52046
    Incredible Member Powertool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Can someone please explain me the reason why that theoretical-zero-point-in-the-acting-department known as Reigns smiled like a nitwit after the Drug Test line?

    Or better, can someone please explain me why that theoretical-zero-point-in-the-acting-department known as Reigns ALWAYS smiles like a nitwit when the wrestler he's feuding with insults him? It must be two whole weeks since Cena began insulting him with any sort of quips while he grins like a moron rather than show any trace of irritation/nervousness/anger.

    Do they really not realize (because he may be a rotten actor, but somebody is going to watch these segments after having written them) that smiling after being called a junkie IS NOT A HUMAN REACTION?

    I could accept Cena reacting that way, if only because by now he hears the same exact (true) things at every feud, but if the booking team wants to make these criticisms pass as shoot bombs oh God, does Vince know about this?, why does Reigns react like he has just read the tweets of a random fan insulting him?

    No, wait, I know why! Because the consistency of this feud is exactly that: throwing back in the other's face the brain farts that anyone can read after an afternoon on SquaredCircle. Period. There's nothing else. So who gives a crap about Reigns's reactions? The only important thing is Cena spewing every week some new rubbish.

    About everything else:

    - Enzo's situation is becoming more and more pathetic. If you find him that intolerable, just chop him to death in the locker room and call it a day.

    - Everybody on YouTube is afraid about Asuka's future. I can't argue with that.

    - Is Sheamus wearing the Italian flag on his jacket??? It may be a lighting issue, but that doesn't look like a shade of orange.

    - Wyatt removing Goldust's face paint to show that he's a man...
    What in the world was the point of that, since Goldust has always been presented as a man, albeit weird and bizarre?

  12. #52047
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Never really thought of it before, but yeah he does smile at anything he just smirks all off.

  13. #52048
    Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    9,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    - Everybody on YouTube is afraid about Asuka's future. I can't argue with that.
    because the comments land on YouTube is such the arbiter of concern and well being of others

    - Is Sheamus wearing the Italian flag on his jacket??? It may be a lighting issue, but that doesn't look like a shade of orange.
    Im just happy the LFC patch made it to the front of the jacket
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

    - Joe Kuharich

  14. #52049
    Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Never really thought of it before, but yeah he does smile at anything he just smirks all off.
    Cena's delivery has been pretty comedic ... he needs more edge.

    And Roman needs to Popeye.

    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  15. #52050
    Incredible Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Can someone please explain me the reason why that theoretical-zero-point-in-the-acting-department known as Reigns smiled like a nitwit after the Drug Test line?

    Or better, can someone please explain me why that theoretical-zero-point-in-the-acting-department known as Reigns ALWAYS smiles like a nitwit when the wrestler he's feuding with insults him? It must be two whole weeks since Cena began insulting him with any sort of quips while he grins like a moron rather than show any trace of irritation/nervousness/anger.

    Do they really not realize (because he may be a rotten actor, but somebody is going to watch these segments after having written them) that smiling after being called a junkie IS NOT A HUMAN REACTION?

    I could accept Cena reacting that way, if only because by now he hears the same exact (true) things at every feud, but if the booking team wants to make these criticisms pass as shoot bombs oh God, does Vince know about this?, why does Reigns react like he has just read the tweets of a random fan insulting him?

    No, wait, I know why! Because the consistency of this feud is exactly that: throwing back in the other's face the brain farts that anyone can read after an afternoon on SquaredCircle. Period. There's nothing else. So who gives a crap about Reigns's reactions? The only important thing is Cena spewing every week some new rubbish.
    Because Cena's trying to break Roman's confidence while Roman sees right through it. There's a reason why Cena's constantly pandering to the wrestling dork crowd who whine and bitch about Roman while Reigns doesn't bother to dip into the seedier shit that Cena's pulled like the Mickie James/Ken Doane stuff. It's not all that difficult.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •