Thread: Wrestling WWE

Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'll be honest ... I was a little worried the MYC wouldn't hold up in comparison to the CWC or the UK tournament, as both of those arguably had the best in-ring action bell to bell the WWE product has ever delivered.

But I think it definately held up well. I wouldn't say it was as good per say... but overall it was a lot of fun. The sheer variety of different women and styles made for an interesting show.
    I think it being a variety is why it may have seemed a little "rough around the edges", but I expected that
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Invincible Member

I'll be honest ... I was a little worried the MYC wouldn't hold up in comparison to the CWC or the UK tournament, as both of those arguably had the best in-ring action bell to bell the WWE product has ever delivered.

But I think it definately held up well. I wouldn't say it was as good per say... but overall it was a lot of fun. The sheer variety of different women and styles made for an interesting show.
    The participants in the CWC tended to have a lot more experience than a lot of the ones in the MYC (you had a lot of green/inexperienced women mixed in with the veterans). And the MYC tended to get less time overall for their matches as well.

So trying to hold them to that particular standard is perhaps a bit unfair.

Class 5 Roaming Vapor BeastieRunner's Avatar

I enjoyed the MYC and was super pumped Sane won! My daughter was, too.

I think WWE won her back with that after the Carmella stuff.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

I think it's difficult to compare the Tournaments. They were bringing back the Cruiserweight Division and expanding their brand over into the United Kingdom but the Mae Young Classic felt innovative for WWE and the Women's Division. It could possibly be due to Raw and Smackdown not doing the Women's Division all that much justice but this Tournament felt like an actual "Women's Revolution." It was their own show, they introduced their characters to the WWE Universe, and they made it very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Sure thing, bro. /handwank
    Seeing the way you face a debate, I finally understand why you like Roman Reigns's inexistent skills as a promoman.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    @Powertool

im fairly newish around here, but for someone who is fairly newish with less than 500 posts, you suddenly swagger in here throwing your wang around expecting people to take you seriously and throwing your opinions around as "fact"
    Why, did you start watching pro-wrestling the same day you became a member of this forum? And is a member of this forum allowed to post thoughts on something that diverge from the average of the community only if his post count surpasses a given threshold? I must have missed those items while reading the community's rules.

And sure as hell I didn't write anything in my original post where I even implied that everyone's stance on the Mae Young Classic should conform to mine, so don't try to look like the victim in this, Mr. My-Post-Count-Is-Longer-Than-Yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    "the tournament was a giant waste"

tell that to my 12 year old niece who has been watching it non stop and has me and her father buying her Shimmer DVDs

tell that to the countless women in that audience who lived and died with every match

This is why I hate wrestling fans sometimes, can't think past your the point of your own nose
    Well, then let me give you another reason to hate this particular wrestling fan:

The whole Women's Revolution on the main rosters has been so far a colossal scam on the WWE's part to make more money out of Divas' merchandise by deceiving watchers that women's matches now "matter" and the performers are given "the importance they deserve". They might not be on the nose as they used to be six or seven years ago when it was crystal clear that women's matches were intended as a toilet break for the audience, but since in professional wrestling things matter only if they're booked decently, the only real difference between the women's division of 2017 and that of, e.g., 2005 is that every once in a while there are women in the main event (all while that's treated as an exceptional phenomenon) to show how things have become better and Lingerie Pillow Fight isn't a recognised stipulation anymore because PG.

I'm disappointed in the Women's Tournament because the company has shown once more that it can't take a step beyond preparing the most beautiful package for what is mostly an exercise in key-dangling, since long-term booking (a revolutionary concept, I know) was visibly absent here too. Sorry if this offends you, but time will prove who's right between us and the current situation in the main roster is more than enough reason for me to be worried (now who's the one who can't think past his own nose?)

Incredible Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    However he has shown to be pretty good in big matches, he is not the greatest ever in the ring.
    Literally no one has said this. :/

I would like Reigns to change up the finisher the superman punch just not a fan of it.
    It's a setup move, not a finisher. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Literally no one has said this. :/

It's a setup move, not a finisher. :/
    I honestly don't like the fact that he could just as easily hit his spear as he could super man punch in most situations. Why even bother with the superman punch if the spear is more effective?

Just a small nitpick mind you ... I like Reigns well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Seeing the way you face a debate, I finally understand why you like Roman Reigns's inexistent skills as a promoman.
    Except that we weren't actually debating. You babbled a bunch of nonsensical stuff about something you clearly didn't get and I simply gave you the actual context. Which then appeared to give you a dirty diaper and you started babbling smart mark garbage again, so I just went "whatever" and went on about my day.

If you actually want to debate Roman, I'd be more than happy to, but don't think you dollar store-Alex Jones act is really going to cut it.

I honestly don't like the fact that he could just as easily hit his spear as he could super man punch in most situations. Why even bother with the superman punch if the spear is more effective?

Just a small nitpick mind you ... I like Reigns well enough.
    Eh, it's just pro wrestling theatrics.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is something that should have been done 2+ years ago when Owens really began his ascent up the main event after he beat Cena. I said it then when he became WWE Universal Champion and became THE MAN. Vince should have never wanted Owens as champion since he really...never looked like a WWE star. He had the Austin anti-hero vibe. He's there to kick ass and not be friends with anyone except his son.

This angle could work if the long range plan is for Owens to do an Austin and decimate the entire McMahon and HHH family in the next months leading to Wrestlemania. Where he'll get HHH. But this means Owens has to go over and HHH has to do that. Owens can claim he's tired of being held down by politics by the McMahon's and is gonna unleash what true evil is.

But he needs to beat HHH. This is where its going ...after he dismantles Shane in a steel cage (and he needs to bloody Shane). With blood back in (Vince did a blad job as we saw) then Shane should be bloodied at Hell in a Cell by this new Owens.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The participants in the CWC tended to have a lot more experience than a lot of the ones in the MYC (you had a lot of green/inexperienced women mixed in with the veterans). And the MYC tended to get less time overall for their matches as well.

So trying to hold them to that particular standard is perhaps a bit unfair.
    It's not unfair. MYC had the same format as the UK tournament. The majority of the UK guys were in their early to mid 20s much like some of the women in the MYC and the whole tournament happened in 2 days. Match length is also roughly the same between both. Only two matches in the UK tournament went pass the 10 minute mark and same for MYE.

I'd rather have carnivorous earwigs dropped into my ears than to ever watch HHH/Owens. I don't even want to see the Shane match even though I know Shane's willing to do incredibly stupid shit to put dudes over.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

This is something that should have been done 2+ years ago when Owens really began his ascent up the main event after he beat Cena. I said it then when he became WWE Universal Champion and became THE MAN. Vince should have never wanted Owens as champion since he really...never looked like a WWE star. He had the Austin anti-hero vibe. He's there to kick ass and not be friends with anyone except his son.

This angle could work if the long range plan is for Owens to do an Austin and decimate the entire McMahon and HHH family in the next months leading to Wrestlemania. Where he'll get HHH. But this means Owens has to go over and HHH has to do that. Owens can claim he's tired of being held down by politics by the McMahon's and is gonna unleash what true evil is.

But he needs to beat HHH. This is where its going ...after he dismantles Shane in a steel cage (and he needs to bloody Shane). With blood back in (Vince did a blad job as we saw) then Shane should be bloodied at Hell in a Cell by this new Owens.
    The problem with that set up is that essentially makes Owens a face ... and it's probably too early for that. I think he'll be a fave eventually but there's a lot to milk for him as a heel before that.

Mighty Member

This has already happened at Wrestlemania 32 and 33.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 09-13-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Blade job? Vince was busted opened hardway. There was no time to blade.