Page 3475 of 3490 FirstFirst ... 247529753375342534653471347234733474347534763477347834793485 ... LastLast
Results 52,111 to 52,125 of 52336

Thread: Wrestling WWE

  1. #52111
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Did he botch it? He kept hitting Orton with an exposed elbow which will surely bust somebody open.
    There is no wrong way to hit Orton in his stupid face.

  2. #52112
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They blew it with Ryback when he was white hot and they wouldn't take the title off Punk.

    Imho, they need to change plans and give it to Braun. He cannot come up short.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    hahahahhhhaaaaaahahahaaaahaaaaa

    oh man

    thank you for that

    I havent laughed that hard since I was a school girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Putting the title on Ryback over Punk would have been so stupid. Ryback was never white hot only place he is over in his mind. Anyone who listens to it quickly learns Ryback is the best and invented everything in wrestling.
    titan's right, sure ryback sucks but pretending he wasn't white hot going into the title match with punk is just wrong. had they put the title on him then they might've had a big star on their hands. honestly i'm glad they didn't because i really didn't want to see rybread in main event matches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Bazsler is very slow and methodical. I think that has to do with her being so green.
    she's a submission wrestler, she should be methodical.

  3. #52113
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    8,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    No one's going to be shooting on anybody in this feud, lol.
    I'm talking about on the mic . Cena and Roman both dug into each other with some very pointed shoot style work. Roman needs that more. He needs to really dig into people with that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  4. #52114
    Incredible Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Faux-shooty stuff has too limited a shelf-life for anybody outside of a part-timer like Cena to lean on(and even then, it gets cornier every time he does it).

  5. #52115
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm talking about on the mic . Cena and Roman both dug into each other with some very pointed shoot style work. Roman needs that more. He needs to really dig into people with that.
    Eh... I think shooting that way is OKAY in moderation, but it should be rare.

    I think that was the problem with Russo booking. It relied heavily on internet click bait to script the shows, when really only 5% of the wrestling audience even followed that sort of stuff.

    I'm okay with Reigns doing it with this particular angle, just like I'm okay with Cena and Miz doing it. But I don't think it should be a regular elelment for Reigns in particular. After a certain point it stops being edgy and just comes off as pandering to the internet marks for cheap heat.

  6. #52116
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    The MYC was the worst of the three tournaments. Once they trimmed the fat to 16, it was far better quality. Every Kari Sane match was top notch. Next time put the main roster women on there.

    Vince just reminded everyone that he loves this business. The trust he showed Kevin Owens was just admirable. I don't want to ever hear that Kevin is not thought of highly by the WWE ever again.

    It's time for some guys to move up from NXT.

    I am loving the pairing of Burch and Orcan.

  7. #52117
    Incredible Member Powertool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    /asks "what smart mark garbage"

    /then proceeds to babble about smart mark garbage again

    Too. Damn. Easy.
    What's too damn easy? Willfully forgetting that a combination of those factors were always behind some of the most ill-thought monster pushes of a wrestler by the company of Stamford? Or did you miss Lex Luger the All-American American being dismissed by the Royal Rumble audience who wanted Bret Hart and only Bret Hart? And what about Big Daddy Cool as a babyface champion, "Diesel Power" as the poor man's Hulkamania and everything else, marking the worst year in the history of WWE? But since there's no WCW ready to snatch their wrestlers with golden contracts, who cares about having a front man worthy of that name, right? And therefore here we are stuck with the Big Garbage Bin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Why would you even care if you get called a smart mark odds are if they say it is just to get you to react like that. Everyone here posting just enjoys wrestling, but for some reason some need to throw insults at others who are just enjoying or not enjoying it and expressing opinion on what they are watching.
    Because nobody should ever be silenced with a random accusation of smark-ness, especially by people who use it as the default strategy to say something without having to produce evidence of what they're affirming. And besides, if what you say is true, why did nobody complain to the admins and moderators about his trolling behaviour? Because, if my internet dictionary is correct, saying things "just to get you to react like that" is pretty much the definition of trolling. Or are you saying that just to make me feel better?

    Anyway, back to the important things:

    NXT

    - Bwahahahahah, Nikki's face! I wasn't expecting that! By the way, she kind of looks like a Hobbit amidst a pair of Elves when she's next to the Aussies. <3

    - The way they're remedying Ciampa's absence is quite smart. Giving more offensive to the twin of Gaston from The Beauty and the Beast, to make him more visible to the NXT audience, during the match of Gahganow (as McGuinness would say) wasn't a bad move.

    - The Whatever Brothers vs the Street Whatevers, classic presentation match before the DR Classic.

    - Good match between Dunne and Wolfgang, but as long as they don't figure out what to do with the British guys, they'll always undeservedly taste as filler. Now, perhaps, a 3 vs 3 at the next Takeover is in the cards, just to prolong Sanity's reign before Fish and O'Reilly get the tag titles.

    - Fish and O'Reilly are so beautifully creepy. One looks like a sadistic colonel, the other a mentally ill person. For their good I hope they stay in NXT for the next few years. Among the former ROH guys, Strong is probably the only one who won't stay in the yellow roster much longer.

  8. #52118
    Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I think Nikki Cross just roams about the PC, doing weird s**t

    and the Street Profits are going to be STARS

    quite possibly the blackest tag team ever

    fun fact - Montez Ford and Bianca Belair are a couple IRL
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

    - Joe Kuharich

  9. #52119
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    3,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    There is no wrong way to hit Orton in his stupid face.
    The intent with the elbows was to open up Orton hardway but Orton ended up getting a concussion.

  10. #52120
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The intent with the elbows was to open up Orton hardway but Orton ended up getting a concussion.
    What Getting Shoot Elbows to the head by A 6'3'' 263 shaved Gorilla results in a concussion?

  11. #52121
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,639

    Default

    so what did i miss over here?

  12. #52122
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    [QUOTE=TheInvisibleMan;3090507]I think Nikki Cross just roams about the PC, doing weird s**t

    and the Street Profits are going to be STARS

    quite possibly the blackest tag team ever

    fun fact - Montez Ford and Bianca Belair are a couple IRL[/QUOTE

    Yep.
    Black Power Ranking

    Street Profits
    Usos
    Harlem Heat

  13. #52123
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    titan's right, sure ryback sucks but pretending he wasn't white hot going into the title match with punk is just wrong. had they put the title on him then they might've had a big star on their hands. honestly i'm glad they didn't because i really didn't want to see rybread in main event matches.



    she's a submission wrestler, she should be methodical.
    yeah. i'm inclined to agree.

    cryback was super duper over during his main event push but we know now how lacking and just plain hard to work with he was that putting the belt on him would've been a mistake in the long run. he would've been a star but it would have been a massive mistake.

  14. #52124
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I do agree Reigns could work on his acting skills, but hard to pin it all on him as they write what he has to say and they give him way to many lines about yards and dogs. However he has shown to be pretty good in big matches, he is not the greatest ever in the ring. Unleashing Cena on the mic on him has highlighted that he still has ways to go on the mic, but Cena will make most people look like crap on the mic. I would like Reigns to change up the finisher the superman punch just not a fan of it.
    But the benefit of the pairing is to show how different they are. The quicker you get Reigns off of the Cena path the better. Reigns doesn't need to have a career based off his mic skills.

  15. #52125
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    8,222

    Default

    Honestly Ryback didn't need the belt then and putting it on him that soon would have been a mistake. He needed time to destroy a few mid/upper card guys on his descent up. You have to build a monster face. Unlike Lesnar who had cred , Ryback just had squashed jobbers for months. Had they teased him close to winning and a DQ ending in the cage with Shield...you could say....he was this close.

    Fans would have bought into him getting close and did a "What If ?"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •