Page 3700 of 3700 FirstFirst ... 2700320036003650369036963697369836993700
Results 55,486 to 55,500 of 55500

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    do you mean false finishes?? if so i agree, if not i disagree.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem is that they had many people kicking out of the F-5 before. But then at around last year's Mania, they suddenly started trying to sell it as "one time=done" out of nowhere. And not only does it feel forced, but its blatantly obvious that it's ONLY being done so that Roman looks cooler when he kicks out of multiple F-5's at this year's Mania.

Basically it's the contrived nature of it, and how obvious it is, that ruins it.
    Only people who think too much about this stuff care about that.

The problem is that they had many people kicking out of the F-5 before. But then at around last year's Mania, they suddenly started trying to sell it as "one time=done" out of nowhere. And not only does it feel forced, but its blatantly obvious that it's ONLY being done so that Roman looks cooler when he kicks out of multiple F-5's at this year's Mania.

Basically it's the contrived nature of it, and how obvious it is, that ruins it.

And with Braun, you cannot have him no-sell pretty much all of Brock's offense (Brock German suplexed him and he popped right back up for goodness sake, AND he regularly no-sells steel chair shots), but then say that ONE F-5 can beat him, it doesn't work. And it especially doesn't work when Brock is allowed to kick out of Braun's finisher multiple times in the same match.

It does make him look weaker, and at the worst possible time.
    I wouldn't say there are MANY people able to kick out of an F5. Taker, Cena, Triple H, Angle, Goldberg... basically the biggest stars in the industry. Guys that pretty much regularly will kick out of at least one finish move in a big PPV match.

Yeah, Braun an no sell some of Brocks other offense... but they call finishing moves finishing moves for a reason. People aren't supposed to be able to kick out of them UNLESS you're a Cena or an Undertaker or a Goldberg. But with all due respect at this point at least Strowman isn't an Undertaker or a Cena.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

brock made those guys look good leading up to and even in the match, but he didn't get them over much less put them over. i think it's debatable but imo neither of those guys came out better off than they were before the match, especially braun. i think the brock stuff put a temporary haul on both of their momentum.
    Brock definitely put Joe over. Before his feud with Brock he had a stale feud with Rollins that didn't go anywhere that labelled him as HHH personal hitman. Lesnar feud got him past that and solidity him as a main-event guy on Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ok , now this story is one I never heard of and as a long time fan ...this one is pretty damn wild. Cornette is asked about a rumor a fan from Tennessee details that former USWA World Champion did with a belt.

- Anyhow the story is about former USWA wrestler The Snowman. Anyhow the Snowman won the USWA World title from Jerry Lawler in the early 1990's. Snowman however soon learned that Lawler didn't mean for him to become the #1 guy in the company and much like how WWE would book John Cena over CM Punk when he was champion in main event programs , Lawler would main event the company. Also Snowman's pay was crap and he finally refused to do anymore business with USWA. Refusing to even give the belt back at one point.

- Anyhow the rumor was Snowman took the belt to a bad section of Memphis and pawned the belt for crack. Lawler got a call to come and get the belt so he had to pay to get the belt back. This was kinda , a stretch as Snowman did warn the USWA and Lawler that he'd go pawn it if need be in one conversation. After 6 no shows (and Lawler due to get the belt back as normal storyline) , Snowman on TV was stripped of the belt and the cocaine story of them pawning the title became the hot thing. But it doesn't seem real and that Snowman just warned them he'd do that.

- Cornette brings up that Bill Watts is the 1st guy to really push Snowman in Mid-South and only did it for the simple reason when he lost Junkyard Dog.....he was black. Cornette is being honest and says Watts wanted to recreate the JYD situation . And he couldn't do it with Butch Reed since he had been a heel for 3+ years so he basically saw Snowman and thought he could recreate the JYD. But it failed because JYD was a special person at a special time , and fans were captured by his charm.

And as Cornette brings up Snowman was absolute shit. He didn't have the ring talent and he also didn't have the promo talent (promos of Snowman as shown above are pretty terrible...
    Ive had to explain something to people about Cornette. He is not honest in his stories. If it involved him personally, he most definitely left out or changed details and if its about someone he hates, then he isn't a reliable source at all.

Well, went to the WWE house show tonight in Syracuse. It was an enjoyable show. Braun Stroman defeated Samoa Joe, and pretty quickly at that. Tag team Title match between Sheamus/Cesaro and Rollins/Ambrose was the main event. Didn't expect the title to change hands, so I didn't mind the DQ finish when Sheamus brought a chair into the match. Oh, and we got to see Asuka entering the arena pre-show, because we mistakenly went in the wrong entrance and had to go back outside to find the main entrance for ticket-holders.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't say there are MANY people able to kick out of an F5. Taker, Cena, Triple H, Angle, Goldberg... basically the biggest stars in the industry. Guys that pretty much regularly will kick out of at least one finish move in a big PPV match.

Yeah, Braun an no sell some of Brocks other offense... but they call finishing moves finishing moves for a reason. People aren't supposed to be able to kick out of them UNLESS you're a Cena or an Undertaker or a Goldberg. But with all due respect at this point at least Strowman isn't an Undertaker or a Cena.
    at THIS point in time(or the point he faced brock)i'd xpect braun to maul cena or taker.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Brock definitely put Joe over. Before his feud with Brock he had a stale feud with Rollins that didn't go anywhere that labelled him as HHH personal hitman. Lesnar feud got him past that and solidity him as a main-event guy on Raw.
    i disagree but won't bother to argue it, wasn't really my point anyways, my point was bork hasn't been used to get anybody over. as the feud with joe wasn't done to get joe over, it was to give brock a successful title defense. joe had to be built up for the match so that's what they did.

soooo, dalton castle as RoH champion. pretty cool imo.

Invincible Member

ROH also finally introduced a Women's Title as well. And it would look quite good, if not for the freaking pink lining.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Yes.

Only people who think too much about this stuff care about that.
    So it's wrong to expect some logic or consistency in storytelling? Well that's an, interesting, POV.

So it's wrong to expect some logic or consistency in storytelling? Well that's an, interesting, POV.
    But isn't normal wrestling logic that top uber baby faces are usually the only ones who can kick out of top heels finishing moves?

It took Hogan to kick out of a macho man flying elbow. It took an Austin to kick out of a Rock Botton. It took a Cena to kick out of an RKO. And right now it takes a Reigns to kick out of an F5. Its the hallmark of what makes the uber baby faces the uber baby faces. When you're THE GUY you kick out of the top heels finisher. But it's not something everyone can do.

at THIS point in time(or the point he faced brock)i'd xpect braun to maul cena or taker.

i disagree but won't bother to argue it, wasn't really my point anyways, my point was bork hasn't been used to get anybody over. as the feud with joe wasn't done to get joe over, it was to give brock a successful title defense. joe had to be built up for the match so that's what they did.

soooo, dalton castle as RoH champion. pretty cool imo.
    Right now Braun probably would beat Cena or Taker (though not entirely sure he would maul them). But when both first kicked out of F5 they were at a level Braun isn't at (and quite possibly never will be at).

And it's possible right now Cena and Taker wouldn't be able to kick out of an F5 like they had in the past either (though with Taker it probably would still take more than one if it's at WrestleMania). They've since dropped to being special attractions used to put other people over.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Ive had to explain something to people about Cornette. He is not honest in his stories. If it involved him personally, he most definitely left out or changed details and if its about someone he hates, then he isn't a reliable source at all.
    His cohost talked to one of USWA guys and he brought up the story. The whole crack for the title wasn't real. Now Snowman did threaten to pawn it in anger and never did drop the belt back to Lawler.

As far as Bill Watts go , Cornette's right about how Bill would try to recreate the black champion he had with JYD . He tried it after the guy left (if you pull up Mid-South you'll see it with Snowman in terrible promos) and then in WCW he tried it with Ron Simmons. Each time things didn't work.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Shayna Baszler got BARS, y'all

“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    His cohost talked to one of USWA guys and he brought up the story. The whole crack for the title wasn't real. Now Snowman did threaten to pawn it in anger and never did drop the belt back to Lawler.

As far as Bill Watts go , Cornette's right about how Bill would try to recreate the black champion he had with JYD . He tried it after the guy left (if you pull up Mid-South you'll see it with Snowman in terrible promos) and then in WCW he tried it with Ron Simmons. Each time things didn't work.
    I'm talking in general.

His stories about russo are pretty much half truths. Everything he said about Santino is bull, especially since he was cause lying about an incident that was on tape. Then he was forced to backtrack a longstanding claim he made when proof was brought up that he was lying. ( the voicemails he left Santino)

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

I despise those stupid "throwback" posters
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich