Page 4303 of 4328 FirstFirst ... 330338034203425342934299430043014302430343044305430643074313 ... LastLast
Results 64,531 to 64,545 of 64919

Thread: Wrestling WWE

  1. #64531
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    10,505

    Default

    This video runs down the highlights of the CM Punk trial and boy a few are kinda wild to hear.






    - Dr. Amann's lawyer is so damn bad...its brought up the judge even told him during cross examination his questions were terrible. OH BOY ...that isn't good.


    - Punk's detailed in crying how mentally and physically he was beaten so badly in 2014. That at one point he could barely support his head with his neck. Was vomiting after each night , crying spells , suffered dizziness , and had spells where his vision narrowed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  2. #64532
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    a (mostly) positive review
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-12-2018 at 10:10 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

  3. #64533
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    i heard isla dawn worked a match for NXT while they were in europe, hope she gets signed.

  4. #64534
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,336

    Default

    Man that punk UFC fight was brutal he's damaged he's rep beyond repair now I don't think he can get back to the position he had if he returned to WWE they'd probably just make him a jober. How long before they Boot him from UFC? And what is/can he do next?

  5. #64535
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    10,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Man that punk UFC fight was brutal he's damaged he's rep beyond repair now I don't think he can get back to the position he had if he returned to WWE they'd probably just make him a jober. How long before they Boot him from UFC? And what is/can he do next?
    Doubt they'd do that. Punk gets the biggest pops of the night and would sell a shitload of merch. But its unlikely he returns ever to the company.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #64536
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Man that punk UFC fight was brutal he's damaged he's rep beyond repair now I don't think he can get back to the position he had if he returned to WWE they'd probably just make him a jober. How long before they Boot him from UFC? And what is/can he do next?
    I think Dana White basically said he was done with the ufc (though he sort of said that after his first fight so who knows).

    What he does next is an interesting question.

    I do think if he was willing to return to the wwe they would take him back. But I don't think he would ever be what he once was. Sort of like when Warrior kept returning after his initial run ... I don't think he would ever be the same. He's still sell a lot of t shirts though.

  7. #64537
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    10,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Dana White basically said he was done with the ufc (though he sort of said that after his first fight so who knows).

    What he does next is an interesting question.

    I do think if he was willing to return to the wwe they would take him back. But I don't think he would ever be what he once was. Sort of like when Warrior kept returning after his initial run ... I don't think he would ever be the same. He's still sell a lot of t shirts though.

    He won't work the same schedule he once did and want a near Brock deal...guaranteed. And well...Punk should get it. He's a main event guy who demands attention and actually will show up more than Lesnar. But given what he saw the company try and do , its remote. Even Cornette was stunned at the whole ...wow they may have funded a lawsuit against Punk ? (Which we really don't know and if they did they clearly fucked up major because the lawsuit made the WWE , the doctor and his lawyer look bad).

    In all I think Punk would want guarantees made in writing before he'd ever step foot in WWE again. But right now....he's gonna be signing autographs at ALL IN. So ...let the rumors begin.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  8. #64538
    non-super & non-hero jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    711

    Default

    I'd imagine CM Punk would just go the same route as Cody if he were to return to wrestling, he has already turned down an offer of a million to do a one off match already so it's not as if he can't make money on the indy scene.

    The thing is he seems to have lost all interest in wrestling (not just WWE) and when he did that podcast talked about settling for a decent wedge with WWE and with his thrifty lifestyle wouldn't be pressed for cash, however the lawsuit may have drained his bank account which may force his hand to return.

  9. #64539
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think you can give him credit for even stepping into the Octagon.
    i guess if you just really want to give him credit for something. it's not like he was fighting a UFC level fighter though.

    But if you listen to the narrative, especially being created by White the one who got humiliated wasn't Punk. It was Jackson. PUnk had heart for hanging in there against someone who clearly outclassed him, while Jackson showboated and look stupid failing to put away an inferior fighter.

    The stupid manner in which Jackson handled the fight actually created a narrative where Jackson looks bad, not the other way around. I think Jackson ended up doing Punk a favor actually. Punk was going to lose, whether Jackson put him away quickly or not. But by having it go 3 rounds and leaving it to the judges, it allowed Punk to show that despite being outclassed he still had heart. And it showed Jackson being an idiot, which helps to overshadow Punks loss at least a little.
    wow, are you dizzy from all that spinning?? 1st off dana was just mad because he looked stupid for putting the fight on the main card, 2nd dana white is full of shit like others have said he's carnie as fuk so if you listen to a narrative he's creating you're getting bullshitted.

    when you've been training at a high level gym for 5yrs and then clearly get outclassed by an amateur that you called a can, that's humiliating. the dude is an amateur level fighter, and he fukn tickled cm punk during the fight, in his hometown.

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Post-Dominion press conference reveals the matches taking place for the G1 Special in Cow Palace

    Kenny Omega vs. Cody Rhodes for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship

    Juice Robinson vs. Jay White for the IWGP United States Championship

    Young Bucks vs. EVIL and SANADA rematch for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team champions

    Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay vs. Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI in a special tag match
    tag matches look cool, not real xcited about the singles matches though.

  10. #64540
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    push tony nese
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

  11. #64541
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    10,505

    Default

    One local MMA fighter here in WV (who is retired from it) detailed the obstacles in doing MMA as a career and how at 39 he fought his final fight (Punk is 39). But it took him 5 years of training and in that period he suffered a number of injuries that set him back. He brought up Punk had less training in years and injuries than he had , he also didn't get regional fights like he had to build with and suddenly was programmed in a UFC fight.

    The odds were already against Punk but when this guy discussed it , man it was a mountain to climb and given Punk's age and injury history , one that was too steep.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  12. #64542
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    One local MMA fighter here in WV (who is retired from it) detailed the obstacles in doing MMA as a career and how at 39 he fought his final fight (Punk is 39). But it took him 5 years of training and in that period he suffered a number of injuries that set him back. He brought up Punk had less training in years and injuries than he had , he also didn't get regional fights like he had to build with and suddenly was programmed in a UFC fight.

    The odds were already against Punk but when this guy discussed it , man it was a mountain to climb and given Punk's age and injury history , one that was too steep.
    i think because the fight happened in the UFC people are forgetting that he was outclassed by mike jackson. he had more than enough time to train to be competitive with an amateur like jackson.

    look at fruitista, he was older than punk when he did his MMA fight and he didn't need to train for 5years to compete with a low level fighter.

    punk just has no talent for fighting and he let his ego get him in a situation to show it on a big stage.


    anyways i heard adam cole is going to defend the north american title in EVOLVE, that's pretty cool.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-13-2018 at 05:49 AM.

  13. #64543
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i guess if you just really want to give him credit for something. it's not like he was fighting a UFC level fighter though.



    wow, are you dizzy from all that spinning?? 1st off dana was just mad because he looked stupid for putting the fight on the main card, 2nd dana white is full of shit like others have said he's carnie as fuk so if you listen to a narrative he's creating you're getting bullshitted.

    when you've been training at a high level gym for 5yrs and then clearly get outclassed by an amateur that you called a can, that's humiliating. the dude is an amateur level fighter, and he fukn tickled cm punk during the fight, in his hometown.



    tag matches look cool, not real xcited about the singles matches though.
    Honestly I think more people were suprised that it went 3 rounds than tbey were that Punk was outclassed.

    I'd still say Jackson being out of a job despite winning over his performance is more humiliating than Punk losing a fight no one thought he would win.

  14. #64544
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He won't work the same schedule he once did and want a near Brock deal...guaranteed. And well...Punk should get it. He's a main event guy who demands attention and actually will show up more than Lesnar. But given what he saw the company try and do , its remote. Even Cornette was stunned at the whole ...wow they may have funded a lawsuit against Punk ? (Which we really don't know and if they did they clearly fucked up major because the lawsuit made the WWE , the doctor and his lawyer look bad).

    In all I think Punk would want guarantees made in writing before he'd ever step foot in WWE again. But right now....he's gonna be signing autographs at ALL IN. So ...let the rumors begin.
    For what it's worth, Vince has managed to bury the hatchet with a lot of people we never thought we would see again on WWE th (Bruno, Bret, Warrior, Jarret).

    So I think a Hall of Fame induction is a possibility.

    But I don't think they need him as a performer anymore, and I don't think he wants to wrestle again either.

  15. #64545
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Jericho won't work US dates for New Japan. He's not going to work in the US outside of the WWE out of respect for Vince

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •