Thread: Wrestling WWE

  1. #62071
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Royal is grumpy. Just not a WWE fan or "sports entertainment" in general.
    he comes off as the stereotypical "I hate everything about this, but still watches every week to complain" and that, IMO is counterproductive and not healthy

    if it displeases you that much, go watch something else, get a hobby, take up crochet

    but I don't have a problem with that, you have a right to complain as much as you want

    but to take shots at someone who has to hang up what theyve known literally their entire life, that's garbage behavior, plain and simple

  2. #62072
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think AoP will have the same problem that Ascension had because they are legit monsters (who even have credible MMA backgrounds). I think the problem with the Ascension is they were big by NXT standards... but in the main roster they were average sized guys. And an average sized monster usually doesn't work. AoP should be just fine. WWE knows how to book big monsters.

    Revival is another story. They more resemble a team out of the Crocket territory back in the day, so I don't know if WWE can book them right. We'll see. In part I think their lack of a push stems from them being show to be injury prown. I think if they prove they can stay healthy, they'll have a better shot.
    2 major injuries in a year handcuffed them

    broken jaw and torn bicep

    theyll be fine

  3. #62073
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Royal is grumpy. Just not a WWE fan or "sports entertainment" in general.
    I'm not a fan of race car driving or golf, but if a golfer or race car driver had to retire from injuries I don't I'd be taking shots at them while they were giving their retirement speech. Just saying.

  4. #62074
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that it doesn't even remotely fit Asuka's character, like at all. Nothing that she's done before this points to it. AT BEST, MAYBE she's shake Charlotte's hand, maybe. And her being so smiley and chipper afterwards is even more OOC. It was a another blatant example of the "Charlotte is the be all end all" philosophy that they have and that's gotten REALLY irritating. And I also know this, because they did the SAME THING with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns a few years ago. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

    And the whole submission ending was handled terribly all-around. Really the whole thing made Asuka look weak.
    Totally agree. A tapout ends a story. Beating Asuka is enough. To tap out and then kiss Charlotte's ass is a character killer.

    An Asuka loss should be a catapult for the person that beats her and a long storyline for Asuka to regain her aura of invincibility.

    They didn't pull that crap with Ember Moon at Takeover. Both ladies retained their heat even with Bazzler decisive win.

  5. #62075
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not a fan of race car driving or golf, but if a golfer or race car driver had to retire from injuries I don't I'd be taking shots at them while they were giving their retirement speech. Just saying.
    Agreed. Time and place for everything.

  6. #62076
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think AoP will have the same problem that Ascension had because they are legit monsters (who even have credible MMA backgrounds). I think the problem with the Ascension is they were big by NXT standards... but in the main roster they were average sized guys. And an average sized monster usually doesn't work. AoP should be just fine. WWE knows how to book big monsters.

    Revival is another story. They more resemble a team out of the Crocket territory back in the day, so I don't know if WWE can book them right. We'll see. In part I think their lack of a push stems from them being show to be injury prown. I think if they prove they can stay healthy, they'll have a better shot.
    I have high hopes for AOP. I watch NXT every now and then, but I was impressed with what saw with them. I just hope WWE does them right and they don't end up being jokes like the other NXT tag teams that got called up.

  7. #62077
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    2 major injuries in a year handcuffed them

    broken jaw and torn bicep

    theyll be fine
    They can talk and work. Putting them in the same sentence as Ascension is crazy.

    The team I am worried about is Anderson and Gallows. They just look lost. It's to a point that I would want them to break up. Karl Anderson can do fine by himself.

  8. #62078
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I have high hopes for AOP. I watch NXT every now and then, but I was impressed with what saw with them. I just hope WWE does them right and they don't end up being jokes like the other NXT tag teams that got called up.
    No manager scares me.

  9. #62079
    Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    6,745

    Default

    Lashley's back?

    W(br)oken Mat Hardy ...

    Slapnuts in the HoF ...

    AJ Styles is the champ ...

    ... Am I in an alternate universe where TNA bought WWE?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  10. #62080
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Lashley's back?

    W(br)oken Mat Hardy ...

    Slapnuts in the HoF ...

    AJ Styles is the champ ...

    ... Am I in an alternate universe where TNA bought WWE?
    I think Tna effectively replaces the territory system for the Wwe. Wrestlers go there to perfect their craft before signing worth the WWE.

  11. #62081
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Totally agree. A tapout ends a story. Beating Asuka is enough. To tap out and then kiss Charlotte's ass is a character killer.

    An Asuka loss should be a catapult for the person that beats her and a long storyline for Asuka to regain her aura of invincibility.

    They didn't pull that crap with Ember Moon at Takeover. Both ladies retained their heat even with Bazzler decisive win.
    Bazler was a heel. If Charlotte was a heel too, we wouldn't get the show of respect. It's a face vs face thing.

  12. #62082
    Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    6,745

    Default

    Apparently, Asuka tapping was a botch. She was supposed to punch the knees more, queuing a cradle win from Charlotte. Not sure who's that on, the ref or Asuka. If true.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #62083
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    he comes off as the stereotypical "I hate everything about this, but still watches every week to complain" and that, IMO is counterproductive and not healthy

    if it displeases you that much, go watch something else, get a hobby, take up crochet

    but I don't have a problem with that, you have a right to complain as much as you want

    but to take shots at someone who has to hang up what theyve known literally their entire life, that's garbage behavior, plain and simple
    Royal isn't happy unless he has something to gripe about.

  14. #62084
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Bobby Lashley wants whoever is willing


  15. #62085
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    Lashley vs Lesnar is the dream match. Those two had the most success of any wrestler who crossed over into MMA. Lashley has the better MMA record. Definitely something to build on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •