Results 62,896 to 62,908 of 62908

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Shayna Baslzer makes her UUDD Debut

“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    right now, present time
    Yeah, then I gotta go with my view of New Japan as far as their tournaments and titles go.

Maybe Triple A is a distant second.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm okay that they did it for a year... but I'm ready for it to end.

For YEARS it's been established that a title needs to be defended every 30 days. Even though WWE isn't a real sport, I think there are some obligations as far as staying withing the rules they create. I agree we don't need to see Brock every week... but I think he needs to at least defend the belt every month if he's going to be champion.
    WWE always played fast and loose with 30 day rule. None of the NXT championships have this rule. From TLC to Elimination Chamber Alexa Bliss never defended the women's title. She went five months without a defense and it only came up once as the reason why Angle made the chamber match for the title. Miz during his second US title run never defended it until he dropped it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Shayna Baslzer makes her UUDD Debut

this i had to see
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

ITV are back with World of Sport. New tapings will be recorded in Norwich across the 10th, 11th, and 12th of May.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone...ings-confirmed
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE always played fast and loose with 30 day rule. None of the NXT championships have this rule. From TLC to Elimination Chamber Alexa Bliss never defended the women's title. She went five months without a defense and it only came up once as the reason why Angle made the chamber match for the title. Miz during his second US title run never defended it until he dropped it.
    The thing is, for most other champions we don't even need to worry about the 30 day rule because odds are good that baring injuries they're defending their belts at house shows 1-2 times a week.

But with Brock, outside a few big house shows here and there, we can't really say that about him.

I do concende that generally speaking wrestling can play fast and lose with the rules. But I would still argue a champion should defend the title once a month UNLESS injuries or something of that nature effect their ability to o that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    And if I remember correctly, during her long title reign Trist Stratus went times where she didn't defend the title for 30 days either. WWE has always done this, they enforce their rules, when it's convenient for them and just ignore them when it's not.

That being sad, Brock's title run got boring for me a long time ago. The fact that he's barely on Raw, the fact that they've fed talent to him left and right just to push this him vs. Roman thing that most people hate, and the fact that it's been going on for OVER A YEAR and it STILL isn't over, it's hard to care about the Raw ME scene right now.

Also you have other wrestlers being held down because of this Brock vs. Roman obsession of theirs.
    Last edited by Punisher007; Today at 12:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...39339818979329
    @JDfromNY206
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    More
    This may be the greatest T SHIRT in existence LMFAO #Soon
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Back in the late 1990's people used to mock Hogan's , WCW World title defenses when he was champion. In fact it became more of a running joke on how long Hogan would hold the title and defend it. They did use that heat he'd get over rarely defending the belt except for some PPV's (some he'd not do it) by doing his NWO act and how as a heel he was hiding from challengers. But yeah it was pretty funny that Hogan could go 60-90 days without defending the title at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

toward the end of Hogans run in WWF, he was rarely on TV

- Joe Kuharich

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And if I remember correctly, during her long title reign Trist Stratus went times where she didn't defend the title for 30 days either. WWE has always done this, they enforce their rules, when it's convenient for them and just ignore them when it's not.

That being sad, Brock's title run got boring for me a long time ago. The fact that he's barely on Raw, the fact that they've fed talent to him left and right just to push this him vs. Roman thing that most people hate, and the fact that it's been going on for OVER A YEAR and it STILL isn't over, it's hard to care about the Raw ME scene right now.

Also you have other wrestlers being held down because of this Brock vs. Roman obsession of theirs.
    Was Trish not defending her belt at house shows either? THat's kinda lame.

Like I said in an earlier post I assumed that most wrestling champs defend their belts at house shows, so I don't given the 30 day rule much though. If Trish was pulling a Goldberg and didn't defend her belt on TV or house shows either, then something wrong there. If you're having champs show up at those things, you might as well have them defend their titles. Not doing it really doesn't make sense. In Goldbergs case he doesn't really do house shows, so I at least understand it.

SmackDown does title matches at house shows

- Joe Kuharich

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

It was a lot worse with Trish. I think during her fourth reign she got injured and was taken off TV for four months and they didn't have her vacate the title. Women's division was left in purgatory waiting for Trish to come back.