Page 3205 of 3205 FirstFirst ... 2205270531053155319532013202320332043205
Results 48,061 to 48,072 of 48072

Thread: Wrestling WWE

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i could punk coming back for a match or two in ROH but full time? naw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Kinda doubt that happens because he'll probably see himself being above running the indy circuit again. I could see him possibly showing up at like ROH down the line for a promo maybe if they're still around, but I doubt you'll ever see him work a match ever again.
    Honestly my guess is eventually Punk will mend fences with the WWE, the same way Bret and Warrior and Bruno did. And he'll eventually get a Hall of Fame Induction, maybe a good bye Wrestlemania match, and a Network special.

Course, that could be overly optimistic of me. But I'd like to think deep down that's what both he and the WWE really want. Not that I see this happening anytime soon... but maybe a couple years down the line.

the most anticipated bout in WWE history.

seth rollins vs. AJ styles. the madden finals! june 2nd.

You know what happens when you make a song like that? Do You? You just made the playlist!

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

not gonna front, its a decent song
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Mighty Member

*reading the last couple pages*

INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    *reading the last couple pages*

I don't think anyone in here actually watches "The Challenge"

just sayin'
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Eric Bischoff was asked on his podcast about how he got to use the Jimmy Hendrix "Voodoo Child" entrance for Hollywood Hogan back in WCW's year. He revealed the entire price he paid and limits given to how he could use the song as entrance music.

To this day I am a huge Jimi Hendrix fan. When the opportunity came about I knew I wanted something really unique and really cool that would not sound like traditional wrestling entrance music. I wanted to brand the NWO with Hulk Hogan. I reached out to see who had the rights. I oversaw this because it was important to me. I researched who owned the rights to the Jimi Hendrix estate and after working with a few attorneys we found out that his sister, at the time, oversaw the estate and managed the rights for all things Jimi Hendrix. We negotiated with Jimi’s sister for those rights. They cost me $100,000 which at at the time everyone thought, “Bischoff has lost his mind! $100,000 for Voodoo Child?!” But I had worldwide rights and I could use it multiple times in a broadcast. I can’t remember all the specific details but I remember I could only play it for like 15 or 20 seconds at a time so I couldn’t play the whole song. I played around with it so I could do a long entrance with it or an outro with it. I could use it on PPVs, I could use it on television and I could use it worldwide. For $100,000 it was the best investment I ever made. You couldn’t come close to that for less that $5 million today for the rights I had.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I don't think anyone in here actually watches "The Challenge"

just sayin'
    i actually had to look up johnny bananas. didn't find much.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i actually had to look up johnny bananas. didn't find much.
    Because his career is MTV reality guy . I mean he's hardly one to sit and try to dress down a guy who has had a career where he's physically put his body on the line for years. Everyone knew Punk had an uphill battle ahead in UFC. His age and body was banged up. But still Punk went out like a man and did it. He didn't make excuses and its shown in the clip he knew he lost and accepted it. But as he tells Bananas , least I did it. You haven't done squat.

And Bananas after this will continue to be a loser MTV reality star until MTV moves onto the next guy for awhile and so on.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If it's something he wants dreamed about doing, and if both he and the UFC are capable of making a quick buck out of it then I can't fault anyone for going for it.

My ONE issue with Punk doing UFC is that he was essentially doing what he criticised the Rock for doing in the WWE a few years back. Rock swooped in and took opportunities away from other guys who arguably deserved it more, according to Punk at least, and Punk basically did the same thing in UFC. It came off a bit hypocritical to me.

But beyond that, I give him props for trying.
    Punk signed a multi-fight deal, that's not part time. It's up to the UFC whether or not he fights again.
    "I rhyme with tyre
    And cause pollution
    I think you'll find
    It's the best solution

What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua