Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

Cole was really trying hard to put over Booker. Cole doesn't want anything to do with Otunga.

Here is a wacky idea.

Have Renee go to Raw.

Let Byron Saxton or Otunga do Talking Smack.

JBL,Bryan, and Phillips would be a great announce team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I'm surprised this Six Pack Challenge on tonight's Smackdown is for the WWE Championship rather than the United States Championship.
    You shouldn't be surprised, it's WWE. That being said, the names in the match, damn. That's like having Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, Glacier, and Renegade going after Hogan NWO World title.

They should have just done a 6 man tag with Orton, with whomever is going to face him at the next Event getting the clean win over him. Afterwards that person demands a title shot. Corbin being the likely guy.

For example, Orton, AJ, and Harper vs Corbin, Rowan, and Owens. Corbin gets the surprise clean win over the champ in the match. Mission accomplished. Corbin even might get a some amount of elevation.

Better then a bunch of jobbers and a few mid-carders fighting over a number one contenders spot.

Then again this could be a match that ends up happening on SD and not the next event. That being said nobody is going to take most of these guys seriously as genuine contenders for the world title.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    You shouldn't be surprised, it's WWE. That being said, the names in the match, damn. That's like having Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, Glacier, and Renegade going after Hogan NWO World title.

They should have just done a 6 man tag with Orton, with whomever is going to face him at the next Event getting the clean win over him. Afterwards that person demands a title shot. Corbin being the likely guy.

For example, Orton, AJ, and Harper vs Corbin, Rowan, and Owens. Corbin gets the surprise clean win over the champ in the match. Mission accomplished. Corbin even might get a some amount of elevation.

Better then a bunch of jobbers and a few mid-carders fighting over a number one contenders spot.

Then again this could be a match that ends up happening on SD and not the next event. That being said nobody is going to take most of these guys seriously as genuine contenders for the world title.
    When you advertise yourself as the land of opportunity, you're going to occasionally need to give mid-carders opportunities at the titles. Doesn't necessarily mean they have to win or anything... but at least give them a bit of spotlight now and then.

I think it's harmless fun. If it were a PPV or something like that, I feel differently and say it needed more star power.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i know i and everyone else gives roman a lot of shit but i feel bad for him now.

rosey, his older brother, just passed away.
    Rosey from 3 minute warning?
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

- Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    When you advertise yourself as the land of opportunity, you're going to occasionally need to give mid-carders opportunities at the titles. Doesn't necessarily mean they have to win or anything... but at least give them a bit of spotlight now and then.

I think it's harmless fun. If it were a PPV or something like that, I feel differently and say it needed more star power.
    If they benefit. Another problem with WWE and it's fans, is the concept of perception.

AA won the tag titles. WOW. AWESOME. They will benefit because they hold meaningless straps in a very poor division..

Lets push Wyatt to the top. It will prove how over he is. This is done. He's doing well.

A bunch of jobbers get a title opportunity. They'll all come out of perceived as big stars.

WWE has never been able to create stars, and one reason why is because they don't know how to get them over and assume that just throwing them in special spots will do the trick. 15 years with a 90% fail rate.
    Last edited by The Nuke; 04-18-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member

If you get some programs for your midcard then it's all good.

I still don't know why they have not pulled the trigger on Harper and Rowan as a dominant tag team.

If Juicy Kinder get a main event that's cool.

If they benefit. Another problem with WWE and it's fans, is the concept of perception.

AA won the tag titles. WOW. AWESOME. They will benefit because they hold meaningless straps in a very poor division..

Lets push Wyatt to the top. It will prove how over he is. This is done. He's doing well.

A bunch of jobbers get a title opportunity. They'll all come out of perceived as big stars.

WWE has never been able to create stars, and one reason why is because they don't know how to get them over and assume that just throwing them in special spots will do the trick. 15 years with a 90% fail rate.
    I certainly disagree that the WWE has never been able to create stars. Many of the biggest stars in the industry were created there. In fact I think you can make the arguement that in this era the ONLY way to truelly be perceived as a big star is to be a top WWE guy.

But yes... in a match filled with mid-carders it's almost certain that not all of them will walk out being perceived as big stars. But they are being given spotlight and will likely be given time to work. It's a chance to show that maybe at least one or two of the guys in there who aren't main eventing can and will do it. We'll see.

Mighty Member

i know i and everyone else gives roman a lot of shit but i feel bad for him now.

rosey, his older brother, just passed away.
    The shit we give him is due to his booking and character, what ever happens behind the scenes with him as a person is different. Very sad to hear he lost his older brother and a sad fate for 3 Minute Warning. Him and Umaga were enjoyable talents. I wouldn't blame Reigns for taking a few weeks off for personal reasons. Creative could put Big Show in Reigns' place for Payback.

That's extremely over exaggerating but I get your point.

That could be likely. Smackdown might have some sort of television pay-per-view similar to the week Cena came back but Orton and Owens would be defending their Championship 2 days after Payback.

That's true and if Zayn were to win I don't think I would be questioning it as much but I don't see him winning. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Incredible Member

I certainly disagree that the WWE has never been able to create stars. Many of the biggest stars in the industry were created there. In fact I think you can make the arguement that in this era the ONLY way to truelly be perceived as a big star is to be a top WWE guy.

But yes... in a match filled with mid-carders it's almost certain that not all of them will walk out being perceived as big stars. But they are being given spotlight and will likely be given time to work. It's a chance to show that maybe at least one or two of the guys in there who aren't main eventing can and will do it. We'll see.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Rosey from 3 minute warning?
    yup. seems like heart failure.

yup. seems like heart failure.
    Man, that sucks. Good thing Roman got some time off before this.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

- Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    The shit we give him is due to his booking and character, what ever happens behind the scenes with him as a person is different. Very sad to hear he lost his older brother and a sad fate for 3 Minute Warning. Him and Umaga were enjoyable talents. I wouldn't blame Reigns for taking a few weeks off for personal reasons. Creative could put Big Show in Reigns' place for Payback.

That's extremely over exaggerating but I get your point.

That could be likely. Smackdown might have some sort of television pay-per-view similar to the week Cena came back but Orton and Owens would be defending their Championship 2 days after Payback.

That's true and if Zayn were to win I don't think I would be questioning it as much but I don't see him winning. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
    If you have a face champion, odds are good you'll get a heel number one contender. So this probably isn't Sami's time. I do think Sami is being saved for getting the US title off of KO though (which in turn free's up KO for a shot at the world title).

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

time to riff the downs.

Invincible Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

I can't even front

that robe is fiya
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich