Page 3121 of 3138 FirstFirst ... 212126213021307131113117311831193120312131223123312431253131 ... LastLast
Results 46,801 to 46,815 of 47059

Thread: Wrestling WWE

i really doubt jindrak is getting a real push/opportunity here. regardless of how well or poorly he performs, he'll be back where he was. this is what's called be used more than pushed imo.

that said i don't recall ever seeing a great ginger match but i do enjoy his knee based offense. i'll keep my mind open, see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    it doesn't and I don't expect it when I watch WWE

most any other wrestling I watch, yes

I expect matches to be harder and faster paced because thats what gets eyes to their promotion
    that's actually kind of sad when you consider the talent they have assembled. they could have a great balance of workrate and storyline to go with their already top notch production.

royal you hear about this next weekend??

i hope josh starts working more prowrestling dates.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-20-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    royal you hear about this next weekend??

i hope josh starts working more prowrestling dates.
    That's awesome. Wish I was back in cali.

I hope Josh is teaching too.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i really doubt jindrak is getting a real push/opportunity here. regardless of how well or poorly he performs, he'll be back where he was.
    Jindrak is in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    That's awesome. Wish I was back in cali.

I hope Josh is teaching too.
    never been to a QPW show, but i have been to a few AWS shows and always had a good time. seems like AWS focuses a lot on women's wrestling these days.

Jindrak is in Mexico.
    i think you're confusing him with that corleone fella.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

After knocking out a major talent.....

and facing a guy who's went through 8 concussions.

Remember when Rey Mysterio broke the Undertaker's nose, took his place in the world title match and won it? This is on par with everything else the company's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It doesn't in WWE. Enzo and Cass are one of the most over guys on Raw and they are shit in the ring. Many fans got invested in the Cena/Miz feud knowing the match will be throwaway.
    You're correct. WWE isn't workrate, and that's one of the problems they have. If you are a top star then your ring work should be as close to on point as possible. Historically this is true. That is unless you are rock star like Hogan, though even Hogan was pretty good at controlling a crowd. And his New Japan work proved he was an above average Wrestler.

WWE is good at creating undercard talent, and undercard talent is usually shit in ring. Thus Enzio and Cass who are a good act, but not something people want to see in the main event. WWE pushes these so so workers and they very rarely amount to much. I didn't say different acts didn't have a place. Yano in NJPW is a comedy act, and is over with the crowd. Don't want to see him main event the dome though.

The more great workers you have the more great main events you can create.

Workrate does matter. And this Orton vs Mahal match is going to be a perfect example of that. While most everyone else is going to gravitate towards Nakamura vs Ziggler and AJ vs Owens.

WWE fans are conditioned to like what they like, so using them as an example doesn't mean much to me. A lot of those fans say this great phrase,"Why Watch Wrestling to watch fake Wrestling?" They've only ever experienced a more workrate product probably twice in WWE history. That being 2000 and 2002/03 with Heymans Smackdown.

Workrate is why Wyatt was never able to make the next step. And it's why both Corbin and Strowman will only make it so far, before they are given up on. While some one like Cesaro who is shit on, will always survive, because the fans will be behind him.

here we go with the working class hero crap :P
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    You're correct. WWE isn't workrate, and that's one of the problems they have. If you are a top star then your ring work should be as close to on point as possible. Historically this is true. That is unless you are rock star like Hogan, though even Hogan was pretty good at controlling a crowd. And his New Japan work proved he was an above average Wrestler.

WWE is good at creating undercard talent, and undercard talent is usually shit in ring. Thus Enzio and Cass who are a good act, but not something people want to see in the main event. WWE pushes these so so workers and they very rarely amount to much. I didn't say different acts didn't have a place. Yano in NJPW is a comedy act, and is over with the crowd. Don't want to see him main event the dome though.

Workrate does matter. And this Orton vs Mahal match is going to be a perfect example of that. While most everyone else is going to gravitate towards Nakamura vs Ziggler and AJ vs Owens.

WWE fans are conditioned to like what they like, so using them as an example doesn't mean much to me. A lot of those fans say this great phrase,"Why Watch Wrestling to watch fake Wrestling?" They've only ever experienced a more workrate product probably twice in WWE history. That being 2000 and 2002/03 with Heymans Smackdown.

Workrate is why Wyatt was never able to make the next step. And it's why both Corbin and Strowman will only make it so far, before they are given up on. While some one like Cesaro who is shit on, will always survive, because the fans will be behind him.
    People are conditioned to like what they like. It's called personal taste.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i forgot to say for any who don't know that jeff cobb that will be wrestling josh barnett is matanza from lucha underground

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post

i think it's more to do with wyatt never winning any important feuds that keeps him from making the next step. it gets harder and harder to buy into his act when he always fails.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    here we go with the working class hero crap :P
    it seems you didn't understand his post at all, but even if it meant you think it did it still makes more sense than the "i like what WWE says to like because they know better than the fans" shit you're always on about. even if one doesn't agree it at least encourages people to think, and think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    People are conditioned to like what they like. It's called personal taste.
    isn't that the opposite of personal taste??

i caught the main event of impact and it was really damn fun. idk if anybody remembers a while back when people were saying TNA dropped the ball on mark andrews and i said andrews was good but not really special and there was no reason a guy like desmond xavier could't fill any void andrews left. LOL xaiver made his debut.

low ki(in full hitman attire) and sonjay returned, xavier debuted in a x-division clusterfuk with champion trevor lee, andrew everrett, and suicide also involved. it was a clusterfuk but still wildly entertaining. x-division just got really interesting, now if they'd just start having some singles matches

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Since this is a few weeks old and the Maurio situation is pretty much winding down , Cornette addressed his own situation coming into the industry. Plus a story of something about OVW.

- He was running OVW at the time and the WWE decided to offer this young kid (who as Jim claims just outta High School) a contract. Cornette put over that the kid had an attitude problem and could rub folks the wrong way. But the WWE had no clue about this and soon brought him up to one of the main rosters. Well before he really debuted the kid one day had several guys deflate the air outta his tires to his car , leaving him with 2 flats. The kid asked why they did this and the 2 answered , because your an asshole. Well as Cornette goes , did this kid learn possibly a lesson that maybe his actions backstage was rubbing folks wrong ? Nope...instead he went to WWE and told them. They pretty much warned the talents who did this , the kid was soon brought up and given a shit gimmick...worked a couple years and never accomplished anything. And he barely wrestles today. As Jim claims...maybe things work out in the end.

- But as his own personal story , before he became a manager , he was a photographer and a kid at ringside . So Jerry Jarrett decided to give Cornette his shot since he ran the territory and before he did however...he told him he wanted him to work awhile in ring. Jim claims he had no wrestling training and Bill Dundee was the booker. So Bill threw him into leather strap , lumberjack matches and was soon really learning a lesson.

Stan Lane and Dundee really never whipped so hard with the strap , but as he claims one of the old guys (I believe Steve Keirn) would literally whip him so hard with the strap , his bruises would bleed. Anyhow this went on for weeks and even with wearing increased clothing and more. As Jim joked , who would I go complain to ? The Booker...he's in the damn match and booked me there. Jarrett ? He's the guy who wanted me involved in the 1st place and bring me along.

- Anyhow now as things go along soon Cornette in one match is thrown so hard outta the ring by Dundee , his cheek bone that connects to his jaw , hits the ring apron and gets busted open. Inside and outside of his mouth and took 18 stitches later. But now he's hot and gets back and literally starts peppering Dundee with punches in the match comically. Because hell...he gotta least get something in there. Backstage he tells Dundee , damn ya threw me so hard , I don't know how to bump remember outside the ring. Dundee wasn't happy he spoke up while chatting with someone but didn't seem to later mind it. As months later he'd become a full time manager and go on to make $100,000 grand a year in that territory.

- In the Crockett territory he brings up that early in that a lot of the program with Stan Lane & Keirn (as the Fab Ones) was him being locked in a small steel cage. The faces would come and tilt the cage over. 90% of the time the guys would grab the bars and manage to soften the blow a lot. It still hurt some , but hitting the concrete when they'd throw the cage over was a hard deal and it would hurt a hell of a lot if you didn't grab the cage bars as it went over. Anyhow there was barely enough room for one guy ...and in a program him and Jimmy Hart was both heel managers locked in one.

Jimmy brings up that there is no room to protect themselves much and they come up to both guys and ask them ...look could you not throw the cage over tonight. We don't have room to protect ourselves and its gonna hurt a hell of a lot. Well during the match Keirn and Lane ...throw the cage over and causes Cornette to land mostly on Jimmy Hart who took the brunt of it. Backstage Jim is like..."Steve , we asked you...not to do that." Keirn was like , well I forgot...so Jim made a mental note to forget next time and he claims he walloped him in a spot later.

- Another moment was Tully Blanchard got mad backstage and then he remembers that Tully was a hot head at times. Cornette was sick with a flu and back then Jim Crockett had em doing the Charleston tour deal...Charleston , WV ...Charleston SC ....Charleston (forget this one) . Anyhow it was 3 days of 200+ miles each way and working each evening. Cornette claims he was coming off working 100+ days and decided to...fuck it , I need to sleep in. So he called in and told Bobby Eaton who he was supposed to manage that one night he couldn't make it. He had the flu and he'd be at the next show. A lot of guys would do this eventually when they'd be wore down.

So the next day at a show , Blanchard in the locker room rips into Jim for missing 1 show and how many of the guys are sick at times. So finally Jim was like , your not the fucking booker ok. It was the 1st time in who knows how long I couldn't make a show. Blanchard gets mad and acts to throw a lazy punch as he moves from it , getting laughs as Tully stormed out. Not happy how he looked backstage. For weeks he was mad , but he got over it with Cornette. And he puts over Tully has changed a lot from that because he's become religious and they get along good.

He brought up how Nikita Koloff was back then and he was popping tons of steroids and he got angry because the Midnight's were booked over the Russian's in the territory for a long while because they drew better money. Today now he's a-ok because he's changed and too found religion it seems. Plus he ran into him in WV and he's a lot different now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Remember when Rey Mysterio broke the Undertaker's nose, took his place in the world title match and won it? This is on par with everything else the company's done.
    After. Knocking. Out. A. Major. Talent. He's. Facing. A. Man. Who. Has. Had. Eight (count them). Concussions.

After. Knocking. Out. A. Major. Talent. He's. Facing. A. Man. Who. Has. Had. Eight (count them). Concussions.
    Unless he has a history of being sloppy or injuring people (and for all I know he does) I'm not necessarily sure they would or should hold that against him though. It's not ballet... that sort of thing can on any given night can happen.

To put it in perspective, Seth Rollins injured Cena, Balor, and ended Stings career and that guy still main events. Vince put him in the ring with his son in law. Samoa Joe injured Rollins and possibly ended Tyson Kids career, but he's still being placed in the ring with main eventers.

It sucks and all, but these things happen.