Page 3125 of 3125 FirstFirst ... 2125262530253075311531213122312331243125
Results 46,861 to 46,873 of 46873

Thread: Wrestling WWE

  1. #46861
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    the talents out there, the problem is slapnuts will devote more tv time to his wife as an authority figure(why does she have any kind of power??) and other stupid storylines.

    talent has never really been the problem with impact whether it was slapnuts or whoever else in charge.
    Someone brought up that there is too many authority figures on TNA TV right now.


    Karen Jarrett
    Dutch Mantell
    Bruce Prichard

    Really the behind the scenes guy is Jeff Jarrett. He should be the only onscreen guy who acts to weld power and it would work. He's the guy going overseas and to Mexico to sign guys. I can see why Jarrett won't do it...because he always said he didn't wanna be like a HHH and be on TV just for the hell of it. He prefers a backstage role and work from there. But he really needs to go ahead and do the deal since the GFW stuff is coming in now.

    I just don't think he will though. He seems to wanna stay backstage.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  2. #46862
    Veteran Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Someone brought up that there is too many authority figures on TNA TV right now.


    Karen Jarrett
    Dutch Mantell
    Bruce Prichard

    Really the behind the scenes guy is Jeff Jarrett. He should be the only onscreen guy who acts to weld power and it would work. He's the guy going overseas and to Mexico to sign guys. I can see why Jarrett won't do it...because he always said he didn't wanna be like a HHH and be on TV just for the hell of it. He prefers a backstage role and work from there. But he really needs to go ahead and do the deal since the GFW stuff is coming in now.

    I just don't think he will though. He seems to wanna stay backstage.
    that's another thing they're wasting time with. GFW was a lame duck so i wish they'd stop pretending like it was or is something that matters.

    oh yeah and this happened on friday night
    Last edited by BigLbo; Today at 04:17 AM.

  3. #46863
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's another thing they're wasting time with. GFW was a lame duck so i wish they'd stop pretending like it was or is something that matters.
    I get that they wanna bring those guys in....they could have just had Jeff Jarrett show up on Impact for like a month or 2 . Then have the GFW guys show up and ask .."Hey , what about the GFW , Jeff ?" Magnus could have said , I left Impact and turned down a WWE offer to work and make Global Force Wrestling be something !" Jarrett quickly folds all the belts into TNA in a quick storyline . That is it for GFW.


    I don't understand this approach at all. If GFW had gotten to TV and become something more...sure. But the company never really did much at all. It pretty much never got off the launching pad.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  4. #46864
    Elder Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    7,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    did you miss his title reign?? it went pretty long.
    it did and I loved it

    
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

    - Joe Kuharich

  5. #46865
    Veteran Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I get that they wanna bring those guys in....they could have just had Jeff Jarrett show up on Impact for like a month or 2 . Then have the GFW guys show up and ask .."Hey , what about the GFW , Jeff ?" Magnus could have said , I left Impact and turned down a WWE offer to work and make Global Force Wrestling be something !" Jarrett quickly folds all the belts into TNA in a quick storyline . That is it for GFW.

    I don't understand this approach at all. If GFW had gotten to TV and become something more...sure. But the company never really did much at all. It pretty much never got off the launching pad.
    they didn't even need to do any of that. honestly there's no such thing as "GFW" guys. just debut the talent as new talent.

    also with slapnuts happy with backstage role i wonder why he insists on karen being an onscreen character??

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    it did and I loved it

    
    oh, well i don't see what the problem is, he's back to being a heel and very involved in the title scene.

  6. #46866
    Elder Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    7,789

    Default

    I just really enjoyed him as champ and I think the belt got moved off of him too soon
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

    - Joe Kuharich

  7. #46867
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Also here is the list of guys that Smokey Mountain Wrestling helped give exposure. Before they had runs elsewhere...


    Lance Storm
    Chris Jericho
    Al Snow
    Balls Mahony
    Bob Holly
    B.G James (Road Dogg)
    Glenn Jacobs (Kane)
    New Jack
    Brian Lee
    Tammy Sytch
    Chris Candido


    Now sure , Smokey Mountain wasn't successful long term because of some factors...


    1-) Territories was dying out pretty much. That was a fact of life. By the late 1980's , almost all of them were gone in the United States. Beyond the Jerry Jarrett owned USWA and it limped those final years til it folded in 1997.

    2-) Cornette like Heyman made bad decisions. As we saw in the previous posts , he'd try and be nice and sometimes it worked (lots of young talent got chances) and a lot of times it failed (money issues with Tim Horner , Pam ___ , the guy who took a camera lol). Cornette did have the knowledge to run a territory , its just by 1993 , it was gonna be a hard damn thing to get off the ground. Making bad decisions money wise hurt the most.

    3.) Even with bad decisions ...Smokey Mountain had an impact you may not like , but here is the facts. SMW was the 1st company that the WWF then allowed to have guys work a match on a PPV and defend belts on it. They also had a nice working arrangement in place there awhile and would import talent from SMW awhile like Tammy Sytch , Candido , Tom Prichard , Tracy Smothers , Tony Anthony etc.

    Smokey Mountain and USWA worked a nice angle that final month which was by a lot of accounts a nice invasion angle. It didn't help either company but it was something both sides did as a last ditch hail mary move and many thought it was really a decent invasion angle. The sad deal was , SMW was nearing death and so was USWA.



    - Its the only time you'd see Rick Rubin and Jim Cornette ever work together. 2 guys who you'd never imagine ever working together , with Rubin being the money guy behind SMW. The closest we came was the potential sale of TNA a few years ago to Toby Keith.


    Anyhow I don't agree with Cornette's attitude towards the changing business of today. But his stories then are pretty gold.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  8. #46868
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    they didn't even need to do any of that. honestly there's no such thing as "GFW" guys. just debut the talent as new talent.

    also with slapnuts happy with backstage role i wonder why he insists on karen being an onscreen character??
    .
    Keeps him off screen I'm sure is his reasoning. So he can stay backstage.


    I mean the 1st GFW angle could have worked in 2014 for 1 deal had Keith bought the company then.


    1.) TNA pulled the plug on the GFW angle a month before Bound for Glory which was...kinda stupid. Because it left them with no build whatsoever for BFG . The biggest PPV of the year.


    2.) I'm thinking , if Toby Keith had bought the company , Jeff Jarrett is placed in charge and he runs the angle til GFW replaces TNA. (Cause Jarrett would get a small percentage ownership again perhaps...)


    But for Jeff to be merging the GFW stuff into this ...I'm think Anthem may have gave him a small percentage again to run the company for them. Like the percentage he used to own (13 or 17% at one time). That to get him back working there they had to give him that percentage and fold GFW up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  9. #46869
    Veteran Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I just really enjoyed him as champ and I think the belt got moved off of him too soon
    if you enjoyed him as champ you'd probably enjoy what he's doing right now.

    here's a tag team i'm glad to see getting some shine in impact these days, reno scum


    they do a pretty good job of emulating the brittish bulldogs formula & style adding their punk rock flavor to it.

  10. #46870
    Veteran Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Keeps him off screen I'm sure is his reasoning. So he can stay backstage.


    I mean the 1st GFW angle could have worked in 2014 for 1 deal had Keith bought the company then.


    1.) TNA pulled the plug on the GFW angle a month before Bound for Glory which was...kinda stupid. Because it left them with no build whatsoever for BFG . The biggest PPV of the year.


    2.) I'm thinking , if Toby Keith had bought the company , Jeff Jarrett is placed in charge and he runs the angle til GFW replaces TNA. (Cause Jarrett would get a small percentage ownership again perhaps...)


    But for Jeff to be merging the GFW stuff into this ...I'm think Anthem may have gave him a small percentage again to run the company for them. Like the percentage he used to own (13 or 17% at one time). That to get him back working there they had to give him that percentage and fold GFW up.
    she doesn't have to be onscreen for him to stay backstage, they never even needed to make a big deal about the jarretts being involved with impact again.

  11. #46871
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    she doesn't have to be onscreen for him to stay backstage, they never even needed to make a big deal about the jarretts being involved with impact again.
    Well they pretty much for a number of years made it no shock that Jeff and his dad founded the company and all. They would tell viewers this and pretty much make it a huge type of deal for a number of years. Then it was considered TNA's really solid period where talent like AJ Styles , Samoa Joe , Bobby Roode etc was coming into the company and older stars was working.

    I think they wanted to get viewers to see that again. Look , Jeff's back behind the scenes again and he's gonna bring in new and older talent to work. So I think they want that to identify with those watching.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  12. #46872
    Veteran Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    2,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well they pretty much for a number of years made it no shock that Jeff and his dad founded the company and all. They would tell viewers this and pretty much make it a huge type of deal for a number of years. Then it was considered TNA's really solid period where talent like AJ Styles , Samoa Joe , Bobby Roode etc was coming into the company and older stars was working.

    I think they wanted to get viewers to see that again. Look , Jeff's back behind the scenes again and he's gonna bring in new and older talent to work. So I think they want that to identify with those watching.
    that was a bad idea imo, make the show about what's onscreen. you don't have to tell people "look we are doing something different" just show us by not doing the same old shit.

    personally i want to see things are going to be different, seeing slapnuts & them just makes me think things will be the way they used to be again.

  13. #46873
    I'm A Hugger Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Suplex City
    Posts
    5,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    obligatory

    LOL! Imagine us having this Roman instead of the one we have now. Vince missed the boat big time on having a major cocky heel.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sakai's news group, Tokyo Sports.

    If it's a work, that would be like the NHL being staged and ESPN being caught in the middle.

    Kayfabe is probably gonna die in Japan if Shibata is a work.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, that would be bad if this is a work.
    "I'm not a good guy. I'm not a bad guy. I'm THE guy!"

    - Roman Reigns, greatest champion in WWE history.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •