Page 3914 of 3914 FirstFirst ... 2914341438143864390439103911391239133914
Results 58,696 to 58,707 of 58707

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've been reading that everyone including Vince has soured on Roman, and are looking to build Braun up now.

I hope that is true ...
    Honestly I think Braun still has to prove himself to some degree. I don't think he's cut any particularly good promos (though he doesn't necessarily suck), and I'm not particularly impressed by his in-ring work in general (though again I wouldn't say he sucks). I think the bottom line is that he's pretty green and probably needs some time to develop. Push him too hard to fast, and he might end up in a position he's not necessarily ready for.

Not saying they shouldn't try and make him a top guy... but I don't think rushing him in the long run will do him any favors. It's not like they're currently hurting for main eventers or anything, so I think they can afford to take their time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Speaking of Shane Douglas ....he discussed his ECW promos and why they began about Flair.

- Shane claims that when he started the push with Triple Threat , fans were popping for some of the guys and him n Paul Heyman brain stormed over how to get the Philadelphia fans to get heel heat. So they both realized that beyond Charlotte and Chicago , Philly fans liked Flair. So they decided Shane should take his real life anger at Flair and do the Dick Flair promos. All in a way to get fans to give them the FU heel heat. Which worked at the start.

But as time went on Shane claims the fans started to enjoy his promos and work and started to bring signs mocking Flair.

- But the promos were real anger he had with Flair who as part of the booking committee would go , oh Shane nothing I can do. Yet was over things and acted like he couldn't even speak to Jim Herd. That he claims how he liked Brian Pillman yet if you watch the match they worked , Flair did nothing for Brian and went over. That the industry is predicated on , when its your time you help teach that young guy how to draw and pass the torch. He never saw that from Flair there.

- Anyhow in ECW he had done the Flair promos going on 2 years and he knew that calling out Flair was getting old. Since he wasn't gonna come even though for a period it was close he may do it. But he got tired of doing them and said to Paul , let me fire on someone else because these are getting tired. I need someone else to fire on. But Heyman told him to keep doing them and didn't wanna stop. So the promos became more of a work after that period.

- Shane claims Flair lied in his book where he walked up and said the promos were a work . No , they became that after a couple years in ECW. But they originally were real shoot promos. Shane stands behind what he said even now.

- But they were talks Flair would come in and work against Shane during the time he had issues with Bischoff over his contract. Arn Anderson was the go between since he had worked ECW earlier and Arn said Ric wanted $150,000 to come in and put Shane over. Which Douglas joked was like a million dollars for ECW then and no way could they logically pay that. Also Arn was like , Flair wants assurances that Shane won't shoot on him in ring. Shane was like come on , I'm a pro and wouldn't do that to anyone. If Flair wanted a real fight we could do it backstage lol.

- Anyhow Shane claims he went to Paul and proposed a 3 match series. Where to show Flair he was a gracious guy he'd drop the 1st match to him in Charlotte. The next one Flair would do the honors at Pittsburgh. And finally the final match would be at Philadelphia on PPV. He also said this would make Flair more than the $150,000 figure as he would get 10% of the live gate and PPV gross. Douglas believes they were looking at the Spectrum and would have sold it out with it.

But the talks went on for awhile and finally when Flair resigned with WCW that killed it.

- Fast forward later Douglas claims he was surprised at how great Eric Bischoff was to him. That Bischoff when he came in was so good and gracious given how he'd rip WWF and WCW in promos. But he nearly was gonna go back to WWF where Vince offered him a $115,000 contract a year. So he was talking to Mike Teney who told him , listen to this before you sign with Vince. He sent him a clip where Dusty Rhodes put him over big time in a chat. Calling him the Ric Flair of his generation. Shane was touched by that since he did have issues with Dusty and called to tell him thank you and apologize for the heat they had.

Dusty was like , don't sign with Vince yet , I'm gonna bring your name up at booking committee. That was all it took as Bischoff handed him a bigger contract and that deal took care of all his debts from ECW. (Shane claims by the end of his ECW run he was $144,000 in debt).

- Anyhow after a quick vacation with his wife , Shane showed up at the Florida Nitro that Monday. Mikey Whipwreck , Sandman , Peaches and others were there as he was saying hey to them all. But everyone went quiet as Flair had walked up as he knew Ric was behind him. So he turned and greeted him , shaking his hand. So he was like , I know we have to talk so lets. Flair told him to give him 15 minutes and they met in his locker room.

So Shane claims that Flair and him both had said things and he said lets not apologize because we know it won't be true. But lets promise to be pros and work together from here on out. That we can make it work and turn WCW around. Both shook hands and agreed. Shane claims comically from that moment Flair then went to work politics wise to not do it.

- They had a match but it wasn't good as he says the politics led to David Flair , Russo and others being involved.
    Honestly I'm wondering if Shane being in the WWE during the attitude era might be the ONLY time he might really get over outside of ECW. Because honestly in WWE and WCW, he's was pretty much a mid-card guy if that. Booking was a big part of the problem (as I doubt anyone could get over with an evil teacher gimmick), but beyond that I don't think any of his matches or even his promos really stood out. But I do think he MIGHT have had a shot in the Attitude Era. The environment was more ECW-ish and ECW was over enough to the point where the crowd would at least give him some heat because of that.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm wondering if Shane being in the WWE during the attitude era might be the ONLY time he might really get over outside of ECW. Because honestly in WWE and WCW, he's was pretty much a mid-card guy if that. Booking was a big part of the problem (as I doubt anyone could get over with an evil teacher gimmick), but beyond that I don't think any of his matches or even his promos really stood out. But I do think he MIGHT have had a shot in the Attitude Era. The environment was more ECW-ish and ECW was over enough to the point where the crowd would at least give him some heat because of that.
    In retrospect he was like Raven in a sense. Both guys picked the wrong companies at the wrong times. Raven should have went WWF in 1997 and he should have returned to WCW in 1999 and he would have been pushed better. Shane should have gave Vince one last shot in 1999. But both guys felt burned by their last stints in a way and decided against it.

As the Franchise in WWF in that era he could have came out HOT and did things. Its just he felt Vince would do the same things to him again. Shane describes how why he left in 1996 when Vince was having money issues (he had lot $6 million that year) where he had been on the road for weeks and hadn't gotten paid. So Shane was like , Vince I have a $496 mortgage payment due on my house and I need to pay that. All Vince was like ..."Now stick by me and we can make it through this...." He'd repeatedly tell him this without saying let me pay you. Finally Shane knew guys had borrowed money off Vince and he'd take it back. So he was like , can you let me borrow $10,000 and pay the house off and I'll be happy to stick by you all the way !

Nope....and Shane asked for his release.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

and now, rumors again that Impact is having pay issues and some performers have not been paid for January tapings
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Ultimate Member TheInvisibleMan's Avatar

im sure this may have been posted already but Rousey training in ring with Shayna Baszler and some others

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/22/vid...ining-for-wwe/

looks like shes having fun
    “If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them”

- Joe Kuharich

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and now, rumors again that Impact is having pay issues and some performers have not been paid for January tapings
    The more things change the more they stay the same.

Astonishing Member

enticing
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

Rebel that Rebels BeastieRunner's Avatar

Honestly I think Braun still has to prove himself to some degree. I don't think he's cut any particularly good promos (though he doesn't necessarily suck), and I'm not particularly impressed by his in-ring work in general (though again I wouldn't say he sucks). I think the bottom line is that he's pretty green and probably needs some time to develop. Push him too hard to fast, and he might end up in a position he's not necessarily ready for.

Not saying they shouldn't try and make him a top guy... but I don't think rushing him in the long run will do him any favors. It's not like they're currently hurting for main eventers or anything, so I think they can afford to take their time with him.
    They need a Kane, Undertaker, Big Show, Brock monster.

It ain't gonna be Roman.

Why not Braun? They can still protect him like they did earlier Taker, Show, and Kane.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They need a Kane, Undertaker, Big Show, Brock monster.

It ain't gonna be Roman.

Why not Braun? They can still protect him like they did earlier Taker, Show, and Kane.
    Braun can definitely be a Kane or a Big Show. At this point I'd say he already is.

Whether or not he can be an Undertaker is the question mark.

Astonishing Member

Braun can definitely be a Kane or a Big Show. At this point I'd say he already is.

Whether or not he can be an Undertaker is the question mark.
    i 100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Shane Douglas - wasted by everyone, except for ECW

if 'The Franchise' had been in the WWF during the Attitude Era

sweet Jesus
    he kind of was, they called him "hhh".

might be too late for that approach. he's kind of at the point where he NEEDS to win it already. nowhere left for him to go.

i think he could've gotten over in that era. he's pretty underrated as a babyface so they could've went that route or even as the evil teacher if they let him put more of himself in it and work with non-kliq guys some. apparently they wanted dean douglas to always speak in a monotone voice but occasionally you'd hear a little shane douglas come out and it would be much better.