Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240
Results 3,586 to 3,591 of 3591

Rather they fleshed this team out with characters that actually have some worth and readers might actually take seriously.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-09-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Rather they fleshed this team out with characters that actually have some worth and readers might actually take seriously.
    Define "worth".

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Everyone is bugging about history this legacy that, but I'm just waiting to see how this will play out. Because I rather focus on where these characters are moving forward instead of clinging to the past.

Because you know what happens when you constantly whine for something to go back to the good ol days? You get projects that just rehashes nostalgia in the worst possible way: keeping everything stagnant at the cost of letting your characters and world grow (ex The Force Awakens, recent Sonic games).
    But they aren't moving forward, are they? They're retelling an old history and recreating past line-ups in both books.
    If they were truly doing something new instead of climging to a past that's no longer there, I'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I love the lineup so I don't know what you're talking about.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    But they aren't moving forward, are they? They're retelling an old history and recreating past line-ups in both books.
    If they were truly doing something new instead of climging to a past that's no longer there, I'd be fine.
    They're clearly doing something new. I mean, the name is Lazarus for a reason. Are we not allowed to have flashbacks in stories now?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    They're clearly doing something new. I mean, the name is Lazarus for a reason. Are we not allowed to have flashbacks in stories now?
    It's still very nostalgia-based. The whole Titans book is. Which is why I didn't get the comment of letting the Titans move on. It's not what they're doing, LOL. My point is that if they're going to be so focused on nostalgia, they should at least have something strong to stand on, not this facsimile new continuity.