Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186
Results 2,776 to 2,786 of 2786
  1. #2776
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It'd only look bad to sexist radical feminists who hate men. A Wonder Boy (and by extension a Wonder Man) add more to the Wonderverse than they take away. Besides theres plenty of females left for Damian's crew like Lorena/Aquagirl, Emiko/Speedy, Tanya/Power-Girl and Maxine/Animal-Girl. There's also Solstice and Traci 13. It's not like Tim's crew is going to use any of those girls anyway!

    I'd rather introduce a Wonder Boy than a new Wonder Girl since it's something new that's never been done before. Plus it'd be awesome to give Donna and Cassie a baby brother!
    None of those females you mentioned are appearing in the Titans right now and at least one is in limbo. Donna isn't m.

    And given DC's horrendous treatment of Donna and Cassie and their connection to Diana, replacing them with a Wonder Boy is a bad look. WW is one of the few female centric franchises in comics and ditching the established female characters for a male one sends the wrong message.

  2. #2777
    Junior Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It'd only look bad to sexist radical feminists who hate men. A Wonder Boy (and by extension a Wonder Man) add more to the Wonderverse than they take away. Besides theres plenty of females left for Damian's crew like Lorena/Aquagirl, Emiko/Speedy, Tanya/Power-Girl and Maxine/Animal-Girl. There's also Solstice and Traci 13. It's not like Tim's crew is going to use any of those girls anyway!

    I'd rather introduce a Wonder Boy than a new Wonder Girl since it's something new that's never been done before. Plus it'd be awesome to give Donna and Cassie a baby brother!
    For me, Diana's most important relationships should be with female characters, that is the charm of the Wonder-Clan for me. I really don't care for male characters on the Wonder-verse (Steve included) because for me the magic of WW is the relationship between Diana and Hippolyta as well as Diana with Donna and Cassie (aka the reason why I love Jimenez' run). Yes, you could add a Wonder Boy but personally I'd be uninterested at best and mad at the worst

    Legacy characters/sidekicks are always something new when they are introduced, all the Robins are different from Dick, Bart's role as KF (that some might consider a downgrade) was different from Wally's and WallyTwo is different from Bart, Jon is nothing like Kon, and Cassie is very different from Donna.

    As I said, I wouldn't be opposed to a new WG as long as Cassie decides to leave the mantle on her own terms (and by that I mean rebirthed Cassie, not that mess n52 left behind) and not because someone took it away from her, Kon hated being named Superboy till he finally got used to it and there is a lot of references in the Impulse comics that Bart didn't want to be KF (in fact, he declined the proposal). Cassie is a lot like Tim on that sense that they both wanted to be Wonder Girl and Robin, and I'd personally be sad if they just throw her in limbo to bring a 'new' prospect.

  3. #2778
    Veteran Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    None of those females you mentioned are appearing in the Titans right now and at least one is in limbo. Donna isn't m.

    And given DC's horrendous treatment of Donna and Cassie and their connection to Diana, replacing them with a Wonder Boy is a bad look. WW is one of the few female centric franchises in comics and ditching the established female characters for a male one sends the wrong message.
    That was my point. There's no need for a new Wonder Girl when there's plenty of female characters who could use the attention and a spot on the Teen Titans roster.

    They aren't ditching the female sidekicks merely expanding the Wonderverse with characters a lot of fans have been clamoring for! Wonder Boy has never been done before so he'd feel a lot fresher than getting another Wonder Girl that's for sure.
    Slytherin & Wampus!!

  4. #2779
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That was my point. There's no need for a new Wonder Girl when there's plenty of female characters who could use the attention and a spot on the Teen Titans roster.

    They aren't ditching the female sidekicks merely expanding the Wonderverse with characters a lot of fans have been clamoring for! Wonder Boy has never been done before so he'd feel a lot fresher than getting another Wonder Girl that's for sure.
    Why can't you have Wonder Girl and other female characters on the Titans?

  5. #2780
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    He has? I didn't know that, do you have a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    When did this happen? I really hope so, it's time for Cassie to retire.
    It was some twitter exchange about a month ago. Someone asked him if there would ever be a black Wonder Girl or something of a similar nature. I don't have a link unfortunately, and I'm not savvy enough with twitter to go searching for it.

  6. #2781
    Veteran Member Atlanta96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    So what if she doesn't have as long as a fan-base as Tim, Kon or Bart? You could say that Donna and Garth have a small fan-bases in comparation to Dick and Wally but I remember being incredibly mad when they erased Donna from continuity, I'd be mad if Cassie got erased like that as well.




    As I've said before, it'd look just bad (especially in Wonder Woman) that they replaced a Wonder Girl with a Wonder Boy. There is plenty of boy sidekicks.
    Has there ever been a male sidekick to a female character in mainstream comics? I can't personally think of one, introducing a Wonder Boy could be Damn interesting.

    That said, I don't want any more new Wonder characters introduced until Cassie and Donna both get better treatment. They come first, and I'm disappointed that Greg Rucka is still ignoring them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It was some twitter exchange about a month ago. Someone asked him if there would ever be a black Wonder Girl or something of a similar nature. I don't have a link unfortunately, and I'm not savvy enough with twitter to go searching for it.
    I'd do the Twitter search myself, but Mr Rucka has me blocked
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

  7. #2782
    Junior Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It was some twitter exchange about a month ago. Someone asked him if there would ever be a black Wonder Girl or something of a similar nature. I don't have a link unfortunately, and I'm not savvy enough with twitter to go searching for it.
    Oh, that's understandable, and it's not like Rucka's mentions aren't a mess (yet, I have been lucky enough to get a reply from him time to time, but not about the WG topic). The only thing I could find is this:

    You’re working in a shared universe, so you have to think about characters like Donna Troy, who also have knotty continuities. Is that part of your plan?

    Rucka: No. To be very straightforward, the focus here is very tight. This is one of the things that I talked to Geoff [Johns] about initially, when they asked me to come and work on it. It’s one of the things I’d been telling to Doyle— my editors Chris Conroy, Rebecca Taylor... a thing that Liam [Sharpe] and I have talked about, Nichol and I have talked about. The focus has got to be on Diana and that immediate orbit. So it’s Diana, Etta, it’s Steve, it’s Barbara-Ann, it’s the villains that are in that tight orbit, as well. Once all of that is sort of fixed—and I mean that not as in “broken,” but as in “staked into position”—then we can start talking about what’s going with Donna. What’s going on with Wonder Girl.

    Because Wonder Girl herself, there’s a huge continuity problem there. Cassie Sandsmark is really problematic, and I love the character. But you only get Cassie Sandsmark because John Byrne decided he was going ignore that all the Vanessa Kapatelis stuff. And so you’re like, why does my continuity allow a character teed up as one Wonder Girl, and then somebody cut into the front of the line and said, “No! Here’s another Wonder Girl!” What the hell, man? Honor the rest of the material.
    To be frank, I kinda disagree on that but this is not the topic to discuss it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post



    I'd do the Twitter search myself, but Mr Rucka has me blocked
    I am kinda interested on why

  8. #2783
    Veteran Member Atlanta96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Oh, that's understandable, and it's not like Rucka's mentions aren't a mess (yet, I have been lucky enough to get a reply from him time to time, but not about the WG topic). The only thing I could find is this:



    To be frank, I kinda disagree on that but this is not the topic to discuss it.



    I am kinda interested on why
    I told him I was a fan of his work and was disappointed with how he treated Frank Cho when he was on WW. #Blocked

    I dropped the book as a result, but I'd be willing to pick it back up if either of the Wonder Girls were included in a story. I've been so obsessed with the three boys of the YJ4 and their awful treatment that I kind of forgot about Cass, probably because she was harmed the least.

    Edit: I just saw the snippet of Rucka saying he has no plans for Donna or Cass right now. *sigh*
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

  9. #2784
    Veteran Member unclepulky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    A thought:

    Do you guys think there's any chance of Artemis being brought on to the Teen Titans and NOT YJ, so they can pair her up with NuWally?

    It honestly wouldn't be a bad idea IMO as far as attracting readers. I know several people who were fans of the animated series started reading the 2003 TT book because they heard BB and Raven had something going on there.

  10. #2785
    Junior Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    A thought:

    Do you guys think there's any chance of Artemis being brought on to the Teen Titans and NOT YJ, so they can pair her up with NuWally?

    It honestly wouldn't be a bad idea IMO as far as attracting readers. I know several people who were fans of the animated series started reading the 2003 TT book because they heard BB and Raven had something going on there.
    Hmmm...it would be a good way to attrach readers, I don't see it happening but maybe it could happen. She wouldn't fall for Wally like on YJTV, but she could have the other Wally and since he doesn't have a estabilished ship then we wouldn't deal with ship wars.

  11. #2786
    Veteran Member unclepulky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Hmmm...it would be a good way to attrach readers, I don't see it happening but maybe it could happen. She wouldn't fall for Wally like on YJTV, but she could have the other Wally and since he doesn't have a estabilished ship then we wouldn't deal with ship wars.
    That's pretty much what I was suggesting, yeah.

    There would still be a faction of people however small, saying that the "real" Wally should leave Linda for Artemis.

    Again, shipping wars are dangerous.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •