Page 307 of 346 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5181
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It's dependent on her origin. I think the only time she's inherently identical to Diana is her origin from the late nineties where she was created to be Diana's double via a magical mirror.
    Possibly the only good explanation for the similarities that was ever offered.
    Every other time, as is the case right now, it that it's just a coincidence they share so many traits.

But I wouldn't put too much in it anymore, it's rarely alluded to in the books themselves, and with comics being what they are Donna and Diana can be spitting images of each other or vast different. Or ofc the observers can be like the thicko aliens over in Marvel who wouldn't tell Gamora from She-Hulk... or just a mix of SHIELD and Captain Marvel's posse who almost handed one of their own greenskinned crewmembers over to the Shi'ar because they couldn't tell the difference in shade of green.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Bring! Back! The! Star field!

Also, I actually liked the Titan-gifted Troia powers. They separated her from Wonder Woman even if they made her somewhat more like Starfire.
    I thought Donna's star field costume was great and it ticked me off when they gave Cassie a red variation of it, since that meant when Donna returned she would probably end up with a less distinctive costume.

Fantastic Member

Welp, I got through the Titans Hunt arc, and, boy, was it a mess. There were definitely some exciting parts, but overall it really didn't hold together. A lot of that was the fault of all the crossovers that weighed down the second half and killed the momentum (War of the Gods, Armageddon 2001, setup for Total Chaos). But there also seemed to be an inability to keep track of all the characters, as people like Steve Dayton, Lilith, Cyborg, and Red Star would vanish and reappear without explanation. Plus certain people are missing as well, Roy and Wally are founding members and it is hard to believe they wouldn't show when someone was going to war with the Titans, especially considering Roy was still chilling with the Titans right before everything went crazy. I'm sure editorial forces wouldn't allow certain characters to be used, and Wolfman never had a great handle on Wally anyway, but it still felt like things were somewhat half done, since they was a conscious effort to involve most from the Titans history.

I think what really counts against it though is that, at the end of the day, it really is just trying to recapture the glory of The Judas Contract, as a lot of the same beats were covered. Most of the team is captured, there is a traitor in their midst, Nightwing is the last man left standing and forced to rely on new allies to save his friends. Granted, there are differences, but that core structure is too similar to be denied. Granted, there are lots of other things that were frustrating as well. Gar's new haircut is awful, a lot of the characters are disposed of in ways that don't do their character justice and seem gratuitous, Pantha is pretty one-note, Danny's sudden unselfishness seems like an unearned attempt to redeem and awful character, and the promising new villian Wildebeest is taken out of play in an anti-climatic fashion. The Titans undergo all a significant shift in their status quo and own lives, and yet most of them (Nightwing being the exception) are entirely passive during this whole arc (including Donna, who wasn't even captured like the others).

The editors talked about how they needed to bring the Titans into the 90s with this arc, but it feels like all that meant was just throwing a bunch of shocking twists at a wall and hoping it brings in the readers. Well, should at least be an interesting ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I thought Donna's star field costume was great and it ticked me off when they gave Cassie a red variation of it, since that meant when Donna returned she would probably end up with a less distinctive costume.
    That's kind of how I felt about Barry's New 52 costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-preview-titans-15/

Hereis the preview in case anyone missed it.
    LoL, ok so ya this was shit. The whole traitor thing was just a whole lot of nothing, all Nightwing does in this book is get his ass kicked over and over, and now were back to more Wally drama with that obvious bait end. This team is pointless.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-14-2017 at 03:42 AM.

So... no discussion of Titans #15? TT #12 has its own thread, so I'll just briefly talk about Titans:

spoilers:
    I appreciate that Abnett tried to flip the script on us to let Dick get to doing something resembling spywork, lol. Not the best way to do it, but by doing it this way, at least it kinda got rid of all the negativity in the team about Dick leading post-LC, and we got it in a pretty cute letter/monologue from Wally, which was really nice to read. Of course, it was about him leaving the team, but I highly doubt that's happening anytime soon, lol. The reason I really liked this issue was really that it focused heavily on Dick and Wally's friendship with it being overbearing, I guess. And it looks like that it'll be important in #16 and #17, so that's also good.

As for the actual plot of the book, idek what's happening. I almost thought it was Mr. Twister again, but it doesn't seem like it? I was almost certain we'd eventually get back to the villain Abnett teased back in JL #51, and we still may, but the dude who possessed Mal, Gnarrk, and Psimon is definitely not that person, so... I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. I felt it was a little rushed in how it just got right into killing off HIVE agents (or whatever they're called). So ultimately, whether it's because the book is moving too slowly, or rushing through plot points, my main problem with this book is the pacing. Still, I liked this issue.

I think we've all said we don't love the art team on this book, but this issue was pretty good. Wally, as always, looks great, and I have to say that scene where Dick basically gets stabbed... just damn. I didn't expect this book to ever get real like that, you know? I mean, it's not like it was grotesque or focused on, but it was very surprising to me, tbh.
    end of spoilers

At some point tho, Karen actually needs to get to talk to the other Titans on a personal level and get to hang out with them individually more. I was surprised this issue when she got like three lines and only one of them was to Dick and how little she seemed to matter, even though what she said should have made the reader happy to read (and I mean, yeah, I was glad to see her say that, but I don't know if every other reader is going to be invested in a character who's basically done nothing so far). Like, this is the fab five who have a lot of history, and so even in this case, they seem close. Then there's Lilith, who at least got her own issue and got bits of focus during Titans Hunt and this run. So people who don't already know Karen won't really care much, which sucks.

Edit:

So December solicits leaked, they're up on CBR already, too. I just have to talk about it tho, Titans #18 is actually going to do something with Donna, lol. I hope it turns out good, I guess.
    spoilers:
    TITANS #18
    "The Rise of Troia"! Wally West is dead, the Titans are all but beaten and Donna Troy must go toe to toe with her worst nightmare-Troia-a twisted version of herself from the not-so-distant future, bent on destroying her friends and pushing Donna toward her own dark fate. Don't miss the stunning issue that's destined to change the Titans forever!
    RATED T
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 09-13-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    So... no discussion of Titans #15? TT #12 has its own thread, so I'll just briefly talk about Titans:

spoilers:
    I appreciate that Abnett tried to flip the script on us to let Dick get to doing something resembling spywork, lol. Not the best way to do it, but by doing it this way, at least it kinda got rid of all the negativity in the team about Dick leading post-LC, and we got it in a pretty cute letter/monologue from Wally, which was really nice to read. Of course, it was about him leaving the team, but I highly doubt that's happening anytime soon, lol. The reason I really liked this issue was really that it focused heavily on Dick and Wally's friendship with it being overbearing, I guess. And it looks like that it'll be important in #16 and #17, so that's also good.

As for the actual plot of the book, idek what's happening. I almost thought it was Mr. Twister again, but it doesn't seem like it? I was almost certain we'd eventually get back to the villain Abnett teased back in JL #51, and we still may, but the dude who possessed Mal, Gnarrk, and Psimon is definitely not that person, so... I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. I felt it was a little rushed in how it just got right into killing off HIVE agents (or whatever they're called). So ultimately, whether it's because the book is moving too slowly, or rushing through plot points, my main problem with this book is the pacing. Still, I liked this issue.

I think we've all said we don't love the art team on this book, but this issue was pretty good. Wally, as always, looks great, and I have to say that scene where Dick basically gets stabbed... just damn. I didn't expect this book to ever get real like that, you know? I mean, it's not like it was grotesque or focused on, but it was very surprising to me, tbh.
    end of spoilers

At some point tho, Karen actually needs to get to talk to the other Titans on a personal level and get to hang out with them individually more. I was surprised this issue when she got like three lines and only one of them was to Dick and how little she seemed to matter, even though what she said should have made the reader happy to read (and I mean, yeah, I was glad to see her say that, but I don't know if every other reader is going to be invested in a character who's basically done nothing so far). Like, this is the fab five who have a lot of history, and so even in this case, they seem close. Then there's Lilith, who at least got her own issue and got bits of focus during Titans Hunt and this run. So people who don't already know Karen won't really care much, which sucks.

Edit:

So December solicits leaked, they're up on CBR already, too. I just have to talk about it tho, Titans #18 is actually going to do something with Donna, lol. I hope it turns out good, I guess.
    spoilers:
    TITANS #18
    "The Rise of Troia"! Wally West is dead, the Titans are all but beaten and Donna Troy must go toe to toe with her worst nightmare-Troia-a twisted version of herself from the not-so-distant future, bent on destroying her friends and pushing Donna toward her own dark fate. Don't miss the stunning issue that's destined to change the Titans forever!
    RATED T
    end of spoilers
    I'm surprised no one is talking about this as well.
    I'm glad they focused on Wally/Dick friendship as well. I also didn't see the twist with Dick as the traitor. I thought he definitely would be tieing back to JL#51. But I liked that twist and that most of us didn't see it coming.

As Wally is my favorite I'm not really happy with them "killing" him and still dragging him through the dirt, as hes been through more than enough without catching a damn break. With that being said it was written very well and I did like the execution of it. Not happy with the idea but done very well.

So now Wally has time powers? Don't know what's happening there but it looks pretty cool and way to turn on the drama with saving Dick's life. Good stuff.
    I don't know who this mysterious force is who is taking over Psimon, Gnark and Duncan but I did not see that coming and it is scary as hell. Another reason this issue was good. Also HIVE was doing good? Plot twist.
    Also, its cool that the side plot with Gnark and Duncan tied into the main plot so quickly. I liked that.

Things I didn't like. Art is still not great. Its not so much the art itself but the expressions and poses don't match whats actually happening on the page a lot. Its off putting.
    Although I have liked this story line over all the pacing is kinda slow and a bit all over the place.
    As I said before Wally dying again is just annoying. Let the guy catch a break already and give him back his life. And to find out that he will still be "dead" for at least the next few issues is just annoying.I would have actually liked if they did what Wally said he was gonna do in his letter an just show Wally being Wally.

Two things I noticed that maybe someone can shed light on. Whenever someone was effected by this big bad they left behind feathers tinted gold. Who is that?

Also I saw a Flash figure in Wally's room with Wally's costume but with the head covered. Foreshadowing? Hopefully?

Overall I'm pleasantly surprised by today's issue. Did not think I would like it after hearing that they killed Wally. But it was well written. Had some cool plot twists, heartfelt moments, crazy drama and stakes. And even Wally's "death" was done very dramatically and heroic. Giving his life to save Dick's with his mysterious unknown powers.

Great issue.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 09-13-2017 at 08:54 PM.

spoilers:
    Wally is dead but will clearly be back without a heart condition and with some sort of control over his time powers.

This future Troia, or a new age Dark Angel, is going to be the one to tell Donna her true origin. I wonder if we'll get a repeat of "I'm Donna Troy, Bitch!" since that quote came from Donna fighting a version of herself...

Either way, this issue and arc promise to be pretty good for her, I'm pretty sure.

As for the actual issue that released today, it seems like Lilith thinks SHE is going to be the one to betray the team - though it looks like Dick causes Psimon's vision in this issue by taking the Titans to Delaware? Though, we know that Psimon's prophecy probably does mean Donna based on that new solicit... hmm.

I love the book but I can't wait to cover new territory.
    end of spoilers

"You are here. You fought the weekend war, and you made it to the other side. Welcome to Monday; you can be anyone here. This is a new day, a new beginning, a new chance to be great. We are wiser and wilder than we were yesterday. Go kiss a stranger. Scream your favorite song from the top of the tallest building. You have the right to remain rock and roll. This is the end of the innocence; youth wasn't wasted on us. Now get out there, and write your story." - Brian Logan Dales, The Summer Set

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Two things I noticed that maybe someone can shed light on. Whenever someone was effected by this big bad they left behind feathers tinted gold. Who is that?
    A) A revamped and now villainised Golden Eagle.
    or
    B) Kestrel... because at some point we are going to see Dove and her hooligan again...

I don't even have the energy to complain about Titans. It is just such a joke. I honestly have to wonder if Abnett knows how awful it is and is writing it all ironically.

What have people's thoughts been on the fact that titans i currently being run on a more issue by issue basis with interlocking story arcs instead of a set story of six issues or however many, such as in other books. Of course it still has core stories but it feels slower. I'm not sure whether I like it or not as on one hands it's more interesting and fits the sit come love triangle drama style of the book but on the other hand its slow and the issues deviate into mindless action. It seems it is going back to normal in December though.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Fantastic Member

So I'm long past the point of quality in my The New Titans read, but I wanted to mention the end of Cyborg's departure arc. The book, this arc included, have been a complete mess, but the ending and Cyborg's goodbye were surprisingly moving. Once again, putting Gar at the center of an emotional moment pays off greatly. My heart broke for him, Vic, and Sarah. Man that friendship is well-done.

Didn't think much of titans issue 15 I didn't like the art as for writing I'm glad done away with whole Donna and Wally thing. I didn't like whole Garth bursting out with his I love Lilith confession during group meeting like rest of group didn't know just not necessary scene quite frankly made him look stupid the only thing I was interested in this issue who Villain was but after looking upcoming solicitations I know who it is but at same time glad that certain someone getting they own arc.

As for the Wally cliffhanger ending he's not going to die spent next issue or two saving him just more Wally drama like this book hasn't already had enough Wally focus.

Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    I didn't like whole Garth bursting out with his I love Lilith confession during group meeting like rest of group didn't know just not necessary scene quite frankly made him look stupid
    ^This^ That was cringey AF. Abnett has no idea what to do with Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    What have people's thoughts been on the fact that titans i currently being run on a more issue by issue basis with interlocking story arcs instead of a set story of six issues or however many, such as in other books. Of course it still has core stories but it feels slower. I'm not sure whether I like it or not as on one hands it's more interesting and fits the sit come love triangle drama style of the book but on the other hand its slow and the issues deviate into mindless action. It seems it is going back to normal in December though.
    I think it's issue by issue because there is zero direction in this book. It really just seems to be spinning it's wheels and going no where.