Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I love that part! EMH was what made me fall so hard for Clint in the first place, and want to read all the comics and watch the films. It's also what hooked me on Clint/Natasha, as I loved their dynamic and really wanted to see more of it and their history. Such a great show! Clint was definitely an equal there, always shown to be completely competent. I miss that when writers lately go too far into the 'bungling loser' persona.
    EMH had a pitch-perfect Hawkeye.

It made me pretty bummed to see how he was being written in the comics and in Assemble for the first few seasons after watching that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It made me pretty bummed to see how he was being written in the comics and in Assemble for the first few seasons after watching that show.
    I actually really enjoy him in Avengers Assemble after the first half season or so. He gets the best lines and makes me laugh, and does get to kick a lot of ass, and his and Natasha's dynamic is so fun. It's a little different and I cut it more slack since it's so obviously aimed toward a younger audience. I know a lot of people hate the show, though.

I actually really enjoy him in Avengers Assemble after the first half season or so. He gets the best lines and makes me laugh, and does get to kick a lot of ass, and his and Natasha's dynamic is so fun. It's a little different and I cut it more slack since it's so obviously aimed toward a younger audience. I know a lot of people hate the show, though.
    Honestly, he didn't really feel like Hawkeye to me until the third season, when they started actually writing him as cool and competent and not just a goof.

I've recommended EMH to my friends who find comics too intimidating to get into, loved their Hawkeye.

Honestly, he didn't really feel like Hawkeye to me until the third season, when they started actually writing him as cool and competent and not just a goof.
    I never felt like he was incompetent in Assemble.
    I actually think he and Widow are closer to their original counterparts than most of the other Team Members (especially Falcon) and they aren't an after thought in it which is nice.

Sure it doesn't make the show good but I give them probs for that.

Reminds me that I haven't seen the newest season yet.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

Some pretty cool fan art for a Netflix series:

https://twitter.com/CyberSheff/statu...how-fan-art%2F

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I actually think he and Widow are closer to their original counterparts than most of the other Team Members (especially Falcon) and they aren't an after thought in it which is nice.

I never found him incompetent either. Goofy, sure, but still integral to the team. The show started out rough, it took time to get its footing, but by the end of the first season it found its footing, I feel. Relying less on stupid jokes and actually developing the characters more, not to mention acknowledging Natasha's importance and bringing her in full time instead of just an episode here and there. I actually really enjoy the show (though I'm behind as well and only catching up recently)

And that fanart is awesome! A Netflix show would be a great way to go (though I'd still make it a Black Widow/Hawkeye show rather than a solo for either of them, personally). I would hang that fanart on my wall.

I remember a few times in the first two seasons where he really acted dumb or messed up a lot, and was kind of treated like a joke.

I'd say Hawkeye only really became close or equivalent to his EMH depiction, or even comic Hawkeye, starting in season 3.

I even developed a "Hawkeye screw-up" counter for whenver Clint did something stupid on the show, though I started implementing it for Ultron Revolution, the one season where his characterization really improved .

I also think EMH was able to capture Widow better then Assemble has, and without having to give her inexplicable super-strength either .

I never found him incompetent either. Goofy, sure, but still integral to the team. The show started out rough, it took time to get its footing, but by the end of the first season it found its footing, I feel. Relying less on stupid jokes and actually developing the characters more, not to mention acknowledging Natasha's importance and bringing her in full time instead of just an episode here and there. I actually really enjoy the show (though I'm behind as well and only catching up recently)

And that fanart is awesome! A Netflix show would be a great way to go (though I'd still make it a Black Widow/Hawkeye show rather than a solo for either of them, personally). I would hang that fanart on my wall.
    I agree, that's how I remember it as well.
    Especially considering he got to be on equal footing with the heavy hitters quite often which is of course nonsense but nice when you are a fan of that character, haha.

I only really dislike Falcon in that show.
    I remember a few times in the first two seasons where he really acted dumb or messed up a lot, and was kind of treated like a joke.

I'd say Hawkeye only really became close or equivalent to his EMH depiction, or even comic Hawkeye, starting in season 3.

I even developed a "Hawkeye screw-up" counter for whenver Clint did something stupid on the show, though I started implementing it for Ultron Revolution, the one season where his characterization really improved .

I also think EMH was able to capture Widow better then Assemble has, and without having to give her inexplicable super-strength either .
    He often ended up on the receiving ends of jokes but so he does in the Comics. Honestly I only recall Tony screwing up every 5 seconds. Clint, I felt, got more treated like Hulk and Thor in that regard.
    That said I do remember the part were he got instantly swallowed by a sea monster. That was a bit embarrassing.

And we'll, yeah the power levels in that show are in constant flux anyway. I remember Karnak taking out Captain Marvel and someone else with a single punch each and a few episodes later he got beaten to a pulp by Natasha.

And: Sure but EMH did everything better except the artstyle maybe.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

I only really dislike Falcon in that show.
    Ah, Sam "18 years old" Wilson .
    He often ended up on the receiving ends of jokes but so he does in the Comics.
    I dunno, I never really got that sense in what I've read of Clint until maybe the Hawkguy era. At the very least I don't think the show handled it that well in any case.
    Honestly I only recall Tony screwing up every 5 seconds. Clint, I felt, got more treated like Hulk and Thor in that regard.
    That said I do remember the part were he got instantly swallowed by a sea monster. That was a bit embarrassing.
    Well, if we're comparing him to that show's version of Iron Man then he's absolutely competent and effective at all times .

But yeah, he was written as goofy as Thor and Hulk sometimes (especially with that running gag about video games in season 2).
    And we'll, yeah the power levels in that show are in constant flux anyway. I remember Karnak taking out Captain Marvel and someone else with a single punch each and a few episodes later he got beaten to a pulp by Natasha.
    She also once flipped Hyperion and punched an armored up Absorbing Man with seemingly no difficulty.
    And: Sure but EMH did everything better except the artstyle maybe.
    Compared to the dull colors, 50/50 animation, and wholesale lifting of movie designs for the most part, I'd still give EMH the edge, but I guess it'll always come down to personal taste.

Ah, Sam "18 years old" Wilson .
    Not only that he was also pretty much a light Version of Tony including being a super genius and all. I don't have that much knowledge of Comic SamI don't recall him hanging out with the Science Bros so to speak.
    Unfortunately he had none of the charisma and the fun lines.
    I dunno, I never really got that sense in what I've read of Clint until maybe the Hawkguy era. At the very least I don't think the show handled it that well in any case.
    It certainly increased then, yep.

Compared to the dull colors, 50/50 animation, and wholesale lifting of movie designs for the most part, I'd still give EMH the edge, but I guess it'll always come down to personal taste.
    Yeah I kinda like toned down colors and I prefer more human looking characters over the exeggerated proportions of EMH but it wasn't a big deal in the end.

Some unlettered pages of Old Man Hawkeye #2, as #1 goes back to print:

Jedi Master Barton coming off like a proper badass. Diggin'it.

Why does Elektra look exactly the same as the present day despite being so far in the future?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Why does Elektra look exactly the same as the present day despite being so far in the future?
    Post-Apocalypse cosplayer I think.