Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    I don't believe in forgiveness
    That is a very sad way to go through life.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i didn't say she had to kill her, just tell her to leave.

right but like lorna say, only one of them wiped out mutantkind and personally maimed the other person in the room.
    And if one of Malice's victims were in the room they'd be giving Lorna shit to. I just feel like maybe Lorna should extend to Wanda the same courtesy she would want.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    And if one of Malice's victims were in the room they'd be giving Lorna shit to. I just feel like maybe Lorna should extend to Wanda the same courtesy she would want.
    I am a big fan of Wanda, but the two things are no way comparable as Wanda sought out the power from Doom knowing it was dangerous, Lorna didn't seek out being mentally controlled by an evil entity.

Lorna has done her own bad shit not mind controlled that Wanda is fully free to call her on from trying to kill Havok, Pietro, and some drunken and unstable rampaging in civilian areas, etc.

lorna was attacked and physically assaulted by murderers and the malice entity was forced into her body against her will.

scarlet went to a dark sorcerer and willingly practiced necromancy to make herself so powerful and insane.

i am sure you can comprehend the difference.

Emotions can be tricky. It would be logical for Lorna to understand and extend that courtesy, but emotions don't always adhere to logic. That, and in the specific case of Malice, Lorna was possessed rather than insane, so it could be argued that's an outside force rather than internal insanity.

Lorna reversing everyone's blood flow at her wedding where Alex left her at the altar, and trying to shoot Pietro when she was drunk, are both situations that I think are more comparable. They're not to the same scale as what Wanda did, but they have the same basic tone of harming others during a fit of insanity.
    I'm a walrus and I have no signature anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    lorna was attacked and physically assaulted by murderers and the malice entity was forced into her body against her will.

scarlet went to a dark sorcerer and willingly practiced necromancy to make herself so powerful and insane.

i am sure you can comprehend the difference.
    Well there was also that time Lorna reversed the flow of blood in her wedding guests in a fit of rage and wasn't possessed. Wanda went to Doom in a moment of weakness to bring back her children. They've both made mistakes is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I am a big fan of Wanda, but the two things are no way comparable as Wanda sought out the power from Doom knowing it was dangerous, Lorna didn't seek out being mentally controlled by an evil entity.

Lorna has done her own bad shit not mind controlled that Wanda is fully free to call her on from trying to kill Havok, Pietro, and some drunken and unstable rampaging in civilian areas, etc.
    Ditto.

I do think Lorna's view of Wanda should be complicated and vice versa though.

I mean Wanda is not stupid she was aware magic has a price and she was looking to rewrite reality. The price was the dead mutants.

I really think we should have gotten a Scarlet Witch series in the vein of Joss Whedon's Angel/Carradine's Kung Fu post Children's Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    No it isn't because everybody in my life aren't stupid or disrespectful enough to do things that I would need to forgive them for.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Ditto.

I do think Lorna's view of Wanda should be complicated and vice versa though.

I mean Wanda is not stupid she was aware magic has a price and she was looking to rewrite reality. The price was the dead mutants.

I really think we should have gotten a Scarlet Witch series in the vein of Joss Whedon's Angel/Carradine's Kung Fu post Children's Crusade.
    Wrong! Wanda is stupid!!! One of the reasons I hate her is because I hate stupid people like her in real life that keep making the same mistakes over and over again, causing problems for other people.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 09-12-2014 at 09:21 AM.

You know it's not like Lorna's a saint herself and hasn't had issues with mind control or mental illness in the past. As for Wanda's portrayal here, it honestly looks like the writer is depicting her like this because he knows he'll get a rise out of the anti-Wanda crowd.
    Loran is not a saint but even a professional killer, If Lorna was that, can look down on a genocidal manic'

I think th point here is , like in CC people are not buying Dooms alibi for Wanda, it was not apprent that anyone did inCC and it would make little sense for anyone in the MU to buy that silliness either

He current team would not be winning mutant friends either with a bigot as leader

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    What's with the hostility? People move on, they get over things, they forgive.

Lorna got her powers back and has had other issues to deal with in the almost 10 year period (real time) since House of M.
    People never forgive genocide,or mass murder Wanda did both.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Lorna reversing everyone's blood flow at her wedding where Alex left her at the altar, and trying to shoot Pietro when she was drunk, are both situations that I think are more comparable. They're not to the same scale as what Wanda did, but they have the same basic tone of harming others during a fit of insanity.
    Pietro is the unstable one... though he has a different view.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You don;t belive that some crimes are unforgivable? Especialy like In Wandas's case where there is no repentance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    You don;t belive that some crimes are unforgivable? Especialy like In Wandas's case where there is no repentance?
    Exactly I think any mutant forgiving the Scarlet Witch is as ridiculous as Magneto forgiving the Nazi's.

We have Dangerwitch! From queersformagneto.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    What I want to see is a Lorna and Wanda series. Unfortunately, because of the way the Avengers books are deciding to play things toward Lorna, that's not going to be a reality for a couple decades out. But when it happens, it's going to be AWESOME. Hopefully I live long enough to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Pietro is the unstable one... though he has a different view.

Lorna's murdering the hell out of that computer!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Exactly I think any mutant forgiving the Scarlet Witch is as ridiculous as Magneto forgiving the Nazi's.
    There's a difference between "a good person caught in a bout of insanity doing something wrong" and "an absolutely atrocious person in full command of their faculties doing something wrong." There's a reason we have different sentences for insanity pleas in court cases. That doesn't make what they did while insane right, but it does mean the degree of their responsibility is much different.

I'd like to take this opportunity to once again say that I HATE how CBR counts smilies as pictures.
    I'm a walrus and I have no signature anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    People never forgive genocide,or mass murder Wanda did both.
    This also happens to be taking place in a fictional world. Things like genocide & mass murder aren't out of the norm in the 616.