Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I think he would have said that he showed up in X already though, he said the introduction of this new villain would be in Cap #15. So he must have not been talking about Archon in this case. Also in the past it has been said that a villain from CGW would be return for the event. But I guess it could be for a different event so he could be talking about a different villain from a non CGW superhero title. Guess we will have to see. But its for sure not Archon, because he was already introduced, and like I said, Scott said the villain will be introduced in Cap #15 haha.

But I am excited to see who it is, no matter where the villain came from. And I am excited for the event.
    Actually, he said he's slowly been popping up in X and a couple other titles already. So it definitely could be in reference to Archon
    Although I'm personally hoping Law returns; he was my fave baddie from CGW outside of Gamble.

So I'm a bit behind.
    Read Blackout #4 and the King Snake back up.
    King Snake is about to get a mini or ongoing it seems based on that snippet at the end?!
    Also, it can't be coincidence that the Letterer put emphasis on Vortex in the last few panels either, right? You feel me??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Actually, he said he's slowly been popping up in X and a couple other titles already. So it definitely could be in reference to Archon
    Although I'm personally hoping Law returns; he was my fave baddie from CGW outside of Gamble.
    Hmmm thats interesting, what a confusing sentence. One minute he said he popped up in X the next he said he will be introduced in Captain Midnight. I still don't think its Archon though. Just because something popped up does not mean they were introduced and Archon was for sure introduced in X. But who knows, guess we shall see.

Law would be really cool. I would love to see him return, but I wonder how they would link him to Black Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So I'm a bit behind.
    Read Blackout #4 and the King Snake back up.
    King Snake is about to get a mini or ongoing it seems based on that snippet at the end?!
    Also, it can't be coincidence that the Letterer put emphasis on Vortex in the last few panels either, right? You feel me??
    King Tiger :P is his name lol.

But ya, he is getting a new mini series, which is super cool! I can't wait. And ya I posted about that earlier. The Vortex is for sure coming back. Be it the portal or the man.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood, Charmed. Archie: The Shield(Coming 2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

LOL!, yeah that's of course who I meant.
    King Snake is that foe of Tim Drake Robin so you can see where I slipped up on that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    LOL!, yeah that's of course who I meant.
    King Snake is that foe of Tim Drake Robin so you can see where I slipped up on that.
    I figured that it was just a slip up haha.

But anyways. I just read Cap issue 14, and its a good issue. I liked it and can't wait to read issue 15. I still feel like this one did not have as much action as Cap normally has, but I for sure feel like next issue is going to have a ton of action in it. Plus that new villain with be introduced. And that story with Helios is really getting interesting. I can't wait to see where that goes too. All in all I enjoyed the issue, but I think the next issue will be even better!
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood, Charmed. Archie: The Shield(Coming 2015).

Just finished reading Cap #14, and loved it EXCEPT for the blatant rip off of the new Gamble, when Tempus transforms into Gamble II by donning the cowboy hAt and taking on the Gamble appearance/ mentality. It bothers me when other companies steal great concepts, and tweak them to pretend they didn't rip off a character, but when a company steals from within its own ranks?! Ahhhh
    Tempus should remain the Tempus of 2 past Midnight, not a carbon copy of Gamble. The new look / reworked Gamble concept in X ( a worthy successor to CGW Gamble). Shouldn't be watered down with this sudden transformation of Tempus into Gamble lite. Gamble is a crazy/ sadistic but intelligent tactician. Seeming to plan for every eventuality. Tempus is a mad genius mercenary, nary the two should commingle, hopefully this characterization of Tempus is short lived, and it's corrected in issue 15, I wanna keep my DH villains authentic and varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Just finished reading Cap #14, and loved it EXCEPT for the blatant rip off of the new Gamble, when Tempus transforms into Gamble II by donning the cowboy hAt and taking on the Gamble appearance/ mentality. It bothers me when other companies steal great concepts, and tweak them to pretend they didn't rip off a character, but when a company steals from within its own ranks?! Ahhhh
    Tempus should remain the Tempus of 2 past Midnight, not a carbon copy of Gamble. The new look / reworked Gamble concept in X ( a worthy successor to CGW Gamble). Shouldn't be watered down with this sudden transformation of Tempus into Gamble lite. Gamble is a crazy/ sadistic but intelligent tactician. Seeming to plan for every eventuality. Tempus is a mad genius mercenary, nary the two should commingle, hopefully this characterization of Tempus is short lived, and it's corrected in issue 15, I wanna keep my DH villains authentic and varied.
    Now most (almost all) of my experience reading Gamble comes from the new X series, but Gamble and Tempus from Cap seem way different. (Though I do not recall what old CGW Gamble was like so I could be wrong on comparing the old to Tempus, so sorry if so haha). Tempus does act a bit different from the Tempus in 2 Past Midnight, but to me that is because this time he is hired to do something different, and he wants revenge. (I just reread parts of Gamble issue from X again, and this issue again, and the tone they give seem different, does he say something that seems like Gamble or am I just lost haha).

Also the cowboy hate is for sure a temp thing, he picked it off the head of one of the town members, its not like he started with it. Also I felt that Tempus was a intelligent tactician in 2 past midnight, he was and is a bit mad too, but he was a intelligent tactician, then and now. Other then those 2 things I can't see anything else. And there can be more then one tactician like character. I mean he as long as he remains Cap's villain and not X's haha.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 08-28-2014 at 03:20 AM.
    - Pulls: