Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
    Got my SDCC '15 badges!!! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. I read that. I'm really worried. Captain Midnight has easily become one of my all time favorite heroes and it would be extremely upsetting not to read him every month.
    I would not be too worried. I while ago Josh said he has a 3 year plan for Captain Midnight (so far) 24 issues is only 2 years or so. So I am sure he is not done with Captain Midnight, nor do I think Dark Horse is. I am hoping we will still see him every month. In a new title maybe, or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The Ghost cover is awesomenes!

For X, not much but it's interesting to see The Mark.
    I really do love that cover for Ghost! So cool! I may have to make a poster out of that one too haha.

Also I am looking forward to the Mark, its going to be interesting to see him fit in to Black Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Captain Midnight has become a book I look most forward to every month. I hope that #24 isn't the final arc for the title. Perhaps the final arc as solo CM and it gets a name change for #25 and its a Captain Midnight team-up book. I could dig an arc with CM+Brain Boy, then an arc of CM+Skyman, next arc CM+Blackout etc etc....
    That is what I am hoping, it does not sound like Cap will be done with issue 24, so maybe just his solo series. Who knows. I am hopeful!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightHour View Post
    Or Include them all in a Team Book like the JLA. Start off with Captain Midnight, Brain Boy, Skymam, the Occultist & The Mark. In the second Arc they could discover Blackout mucking about. Ghost could join soon after. Not too sure if X is a team player though.

I would love to see a Team book from PBS! I'm a big fan of teams.
    That would be pretty cool, or maybe like a team of people who are fighting Black Sky. So like Captain Midnight, Skyman, Brain Boy, The Mark, Helios and maybe Barb Wire or another different character. After all we do still need Barb Wire to show up.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

I have absolutely no words for X #19. I've been falling behind on X lately. He received one hell of an ass kicking in #16.
    Sometimes I'm ashamed of being apart of the geek fandom. Nothing but negativity, close mindedness and snobbery!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I have absolutely no words for X #19. I've been falling behind on X lately. He received one hell of an ass kicking in #16.
    It's really great to know that a lot of people like the X ongoing a lot.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else. - Halle Berry as Storm"

Ongoing solo, Storm #1: 7/23/2014
    Ongoing solo, Squirrel Girl #1: January 2015

Try Project Black Sky (Dark Horse): Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman & X

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm, Hollow, Apocalypse, Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, Darkhawk, Superboy-Prime, Larfleeze, Static, Lady Shiva & X

I wonder when we can expect updates on our speculation about King Tiger and Barb Wire news for 2015?
    As well as plans for Blackout, Occultist and Brain Boy.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I wonder if Project Black Sky will survive much longer into 2015. I don't know if any of the books are selling at even the 6,000 copies mark these days on the lists from Diamond. (I don't recall how long it's been since they made the Top 300 comic book sales lists.)

The last time I even recall a sales number on 'A' book out of PBS, and I don't recall which one it was, the number was in the high 3K. Something like 3,600 copies, maybe it was X. Sadly Captain Midnight was a high 2K number, but this was months ago.

Dark Horse does very little to promote it, which means LCS owners don't promote it either. At my store, out of the 400+ subs he has only about a half dozen people get a PBS book. I'm the only one who gets them all. One guy only likes Midnight, another Ghost or X. One tried Brain Boy caused I saw him one day at checkout and I chatted him up a bit.

I firmly believe it's a solid, if tiny, superhero universe that's just not being actively promoted the way it needs to be. DH would rather focus on it's licensed fare it would seem. A crossover with VALIANT would not only be ripe for potential but get some free publicity in the industry trades. Now to just convince each company to agree to it!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I wonder when we can expect updates on our speculation about King Tiger and Barb Wire news for 2015?
    I want Brain Boy.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else. - Halle Berry as Storm"

Ongoing solo, Storm #1: 7/23/2014
    Ongoing solo, Squirrel Girl #1: January 2015

Try Project Black Sky (Dark Horse): Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman & X

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm, Hollow, Apocalypse, Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, Darkhawk, Superboy-Prime, Larfleeze, Static, Lady Shiva & X

The last time I even recall a sales number on 'A' book out of PBS, and I don't recall which one it was, the number was in the high 3K. Something like 3,600 copies, maybe it was X. Sadly Captain Midnight was a high 2K number, but this was months ago.

Dark Horse does very little to promote it, which means LCS owners don't promote it either. At my store, out of the 400+ subs he has only about a half dozen people get a PBS book. I'm the only one who gets them all. One guy only likes Midnight, another Ghost or X. One tried Brain Boy caused I saw him one day at checkout and I chatted him up a bit.

I firmly believe it's a solid, if tiny, superhero universe that's just not being actively promoted the way it needs to be. DH would rather focus on it's licensed fare it would seem. A crossover with VALIANT would not only be ripe for potential but get some free publicity in the industry trades. Now to just convince each company to agree to it!
    I would be pretty excited for a Valiant crossover. It's sad that there aren't too many people getting into PBS. The characters are really rich and well written. I sincerely hope we get to enjoy them for a long time.

It does seem like their licensed titles get more press than anything. Hell, they barely promote Hellboy and that's their flagship title.
    Sometimes I'm ashamed of being apart of the geek fandom. Nothing but negativity, close mindedness and snobbery!!!!!!

Got my SDCC '15 badges!!! Power Torch's Avatar

I hope we get some news about Barb Wire soon, it was tease awhile ago. And we are lacking in female heroes, we need a 2nd one lol. But I am hoping we get some news about new titles soon. Or at least some news other then this cross over event.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder if Project Black Sky will survive much longer into 2015. I don't know if any of the books are selling at even the 6,000 copies mark these days on the lists from Diamond. (I don't recall how long it's been since they made the Top 300 comic book sales lists.)
    Dark Horse seems dedicated to Black Sky, I think it will live though 2015 at least, they had the first 3 years of PBS planed out already at the start of Captain Midnight. And we are only on year two of that title, so I would think we have at least one more year. But when I talked to Scott at SDCC he said they have way more planed for after the first 3 years. So I am hopeful.

Ghost was at the highest, it was in the 6,000s last we saw, then X was in the high 3k, and Cap was in the low 3k. Last we saw anyways.

Its strange, everyone I talk to (including the people that work at the store) they all read at least one of the PBS titles. The owner of the store reads all three. And he pushes those title. But I guess that depends on the store.

But ya Dark Horse pushed these hard at the start, then it slowed down. But we did just have the PBS webcomic and the iwatchthesky news site. While not big pushes, they should count for something. But ya, Dark Horse should really push these titles more. I really hope they have a higher presence at SDCC this year. Last year it was there with the signings and in the booth, but no panel news. I had to ask outside of panels to get the news I did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I would be pretty excited for a Valiant crossover. It's sad that there aren't too many people getting into PBS. The characters are really rich and well written. I sincerely hope we get to enjoy them for a long time.
    I agree with both of you a cross over like that would be cool. But I don't see it happening. I would LOVE it to happen, it would be a nice push for both companies and it would just make some cool stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    It does seem like their licensed titles get more press than anything. Hell, they barely promote Hellboy and that's their flagship title.
    They have pushed Hellboy recently due to the anniversary, but ya. They seem to push Alien, Predator and Prometheus a lot, I guess they get more money for licensed stuff, and they are still a company who needs to make money after all haha. But like I said, they seem dedicated to PBS.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

Using the Diamond Top 300 list info put out by Comichron (because they seem to go deeper than just 300), here are some PBS-related results from April - September of 2013.

April 2013:
    * 221st - X #0 - 7,502 copies

May 2013:
    * 195th - X #1 - 11,071 copies

June 2013:
    * 225th - X #2 - 7,797 copies
    * 251st - Captain Midnight #0 - 6,290 copies

July 2013:
    * 237th - Catalyst Comix #1 - 8,745 copies
    * 250th - Captain Midnight #1 - 7,783 copies
    * 266th - X #3 - 7,172 copies

August 2013: