Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    Cap' Jim we will miss you Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Fury Shark ( the woman "assassinated" by Helios, owned Sharkbyte Industries, captain Midnight founded Albright Industries, and most of the tech used is Jim Alvriggts inventions. Chuck took over Albright when Capt Midnight disappeared during the late stages of the War. There was an agreement between Fury Shark and Chuck to share technologies, this happened around issue 7 or 8 I believe, and the events occurred in the 70's. When capt midnight was still MIA. As for PBS, it's still unclear what exactly they are, govt ops division is my best guess, but definitely not synonymous with either Sharkbyre nor Albright Industries
    Idk, it seemed like Chuck worked for them or at least with them. He said that something was coming and that they had to get ready for it. That seems to be what Black Sky is all about. I am going to re-read that issue later today, to make sure that I am right about Chuck saying it. And I guess we have not had any proof that the Nazi's are working for Black Sky as well. I thought there was, but I guess that was just my head jumping to it at some point and I thought I read it.

Edit: Now that I re-read issue 10, it seems like Chuck was working for, or at least works with PBS, sounds like works for is more like it. He comes right out as says he has connections to them, and uses the word "we" when he talks about the plains they had. And it also makes it seem like Fury also worked for them as well. So that could mean that the Nazis do work for PBS. So since he worked for (or with) them, they were for sure in control of Albright and maybe even Sharkbyte too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    Definitely issue 8; it features chuck Helios and fury shark on the cover. Remains to be seen what warped chuck Ramsey so much. On another note, Brain Boys handlers are also part of Albright Industries, showing how far reaching Albright Industries many arms go.
    Plus that division is heavily involved in genetic testing, including upon the head woman who is a defacto mother to brain boy
    So it was just a part that Chuck/PBS (given he worked with or for them) did not know about?

So who owns Albright now?

Edit: Now that I have read issue 8-10 again it seems the PBS has warp Chuck, them telling him what is about to come.
    Last edited by Power Torch; Yesterday at 02:30 AM.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Zenescope: Robyn Hood, Charmed. Archie: The Shield(Coming 2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

Just read X #16 for the first time and man.....what an ass kicking he received! Seriously, X got thrashed from pillar to post and left with his tail in between his legs, looks like hes got some revenge to attend to now. But the ending, wow, it was great to see him reunited with Muckracker and I'm hoping she helps him through this rough time rather than sell him out some more. Also, anyone notice at the end of the issue that it said the next issue is a part of a "Starting Points" initiative that Dark Horse is launching to lure in new fans? Interesting stuff, hopefully it works!

X has been so consistent and one of the best comics I've ever read, I'm just so lost in it it isn't even funny and I'm having a blast with every page. Cant' wait for more!
    Twitter - @BslyTheGamerGuy

Official Blog - Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com 8/11/14 - A retrogaming reiew of ASTYANAX for the NES!

Just read Ghost #6 and #7 and am starting to feel as if this series is finally starting to grab my attention. The art is vastly improved and the story has gotten better, though it's still my least favorite of the "Big 3" within the PBS line if books. I may stick with Ghost after all.

Official Blog - Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com 8/11/14 - A retrogaming reiew of ASTYANAX for the NES!

It's great to see a lot of interaction here.

Unfortunately, I cannot really relate since I don't have any of PBS comics yet. I did already requested my national comic shop to order me all issues of X comics. Still waiting for them to reply.
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else." - Halle Berry as Storm

Yes! Storm has her own ongoing solo comics. Storm #1 in shops: 7/23/2014

Best Storm site: http://storm-goddess.webs.com
    Try Project Black Sky (Dark Horse) characters and learn more about Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman and X!

Ororo Munroe aka Storm is synonymous to complete awesomeness!

So are the PBS heroes suppose to team up soon or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    Just read Ghost #6 and #7 and am starting to feel as if this series is finally starting to grab my attention. The art is vastly improved and the story has gotten better, though it's still my least favorite of the "Big 3" within the PBS line if books. I may stick with Ghost after all.
    I think once Chris took over full time Ghost became a better title. Not that Kelly was not great. But I feel like Ghost has more personality (both the character and the comic) now that Chris is in full control. Also while they keep changing artist, every artist they get is really, really talented!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    So are the PBS heroes suppose to team up soon or what?
    Ghost, X and Captain Midnight have already teamed up in 2 Past Midnight, which is a trade, it was good you should check it out. And I am sure they will all team up again. Its just a matter of when the event will start, they are in phase 1 still, I think maybe when phase 2 starts. Which is soon I hope.

Also to the people who have yet to read some of the great issues Dark Horse is currently having a "Heroic Weekend" sale! All PBS titles are 99 cents digitally off of there website! So check it out if you have not read some stuff!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Zenescope: Robyn Hood, Charmed. Archie: The Shield(Coming 2015).

Here is a interview with Scott Allie about Captain Midnight, a new upcoming villain (from the CGW time) which all leads to a cross over.
    On Captain Midnight #15, Catching up with Time, And Black Sky Impending

HMS: Let’s talk about Captain Midnight.

SA: You’ve been someone who’s been interested in these books from the beginning, right?

HMS: Yes. I’m into Captain Midnight. I was really personally excited by Victor Ibanez’ return here for the covers in #15.

SA: Yes, he drew those first few chapters. He did a really great job of establishing the world and characters, so Jim Gibbons, the editor on Captain Midnight, was really psyched to bring Victor back for these covers. The interior artists have been really solid too. Manuel Garcia is doing the interiors on #15. This one has brought back a special character. In the “Two Past Midnight” graphic novel that Duane Swierczyski wrote and Jim edited, a team-up book that brought Ghost, X, and Captain Midnight together, a villain named Tempus turned up. He’s been brought back in this issue.

HMS: Yes. And he’s kind of a reasonable foil for Captain Midnight, who could potentially win in this situation. They have this big war of words against each other in this issue, where they are talking about intellect and action, and having strange arguments about what beats what in a fight.

SA: And they’re both inventors, so they’re well paired against each other, and both rely on technology somewhat. But Cap is definitely the smarter of the two and possessed of more foresight.

HMS: Which he points out, as he’s doing things, which is fun. It reminds me of how Sherlock Holmes occasionally does that.

SA: So you caught the issue where Rick Marshall died?

HMS: Yes.

SA: Rick was a fan of Cap’s in the past, and he believed in Cap when everybody else was uncertain about this guy. Rick believed in him the most, and was willing to follow him through anything, but paid the ultimate price.

HMS: Which creates perhaps a kind of mental transformation that we’ll see in this issue where he starts talking about the past versus the future.

SA: Yes. Cap’s relationship to the past and the future is unusual because he jumped 70 years through time, and hardly anyone he knows from back them remains alive, and the world’s completely changed. But he was a Futurist, a real idealist, who believes that mankind could achieve anything. So when he showed up in 2013, he was mostly just disappointed that we hadn’t made more advances. That our squabbling and our pettiness had held us back from what he thought we would have been able to achieve by now.

This issue, #15 also starts to hint at the return of a big villain from old Dark Horse superhero books who has been slowly popping his head up in X and other places. The Captain Midnight, Ghost, and X books were all really done to stand on their own, but we’ve been showing ways in which they’re all connected. And the introduction of this villain in Cap #15 is the first indication of how they are going to come together in a much bigger event and crossover.

HMS: Is this a separate event and crossover, thematically, than Project Black Sky?

SA: Oh, no, this is the whole point of Black Sky.

HMS: I was wondering if that was what you were getting at.

SA: When we did the crossover that Swierczyski wrote, with Tempus, the villain who returns in this issue of Cap, that was the minor crossover. But now we’re starting to get deeper into what the crossover is about. There are some big changes and shake-ups in the Captain Midnight title coming soon.

HMS: Yes, this definitely feels like a transition issue because of his mental state and what he says near the end. It’s like he’s reached a conclusion point, and a resolve, to no longer obsess over, as you mentioned, the failure of mankind, and his disappointment. Like he’s accepting that to become more empowered.

SA: Yes, and to participate in the modern world. There’s this funny interaction between Cap and a waitress in #15, in a small town diner. It’s the first time he’s tried to function like a normal guy living in the modern world, and he’s a little rusty, but it’s his first step towards living a life again. Because he hasn’t been focused on that. He’s been focused on a quest that he had to abandon for 70 years and now he’s trying to pick it up where he left off. And it’s a mess for him.

HMS: Something I’ve always thought about Dark Horse’s revival of Captain Midnight, and then looking at the original Captain Midnight character from the 30’s, is that to make the story modern and make it new, you have to turn that absolutist mindset of his and examine it to make him three dimensional enough.

There are a couple of lines of dialogue in this issue, I think when he’s talking to Tempus, where he articulates that there is more to him than that. That he’s having to face that truth. Because it’s more difficult to think in gray than think in black and white, but it goes along with his decision to be part of the modern world. He has to change if he’s going to be.

SA: Yes, and the people he’s been around, the people he’s been with over the past year or so of the book, have all been trying to get him to see that in their own way. But he’s been resisting because he comes from the World War II generation and he really believes that the enemy is wrong, and his country is right. But it’s just a much more complicated scene than that. Especially if he’s going to ally himself with people like X.
    Source

Thats really interesting, I can't wait to read issue 15 and see that hint of who it is. And I can't wait to learn more about that cross-over.
    Last edited by Power Torch; Yesterday at 03:49 PM.
    Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    - Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Here is a interview with Scott Allie about Captain Midnight, a new upcoming villain (from the CGW time) which all leads to a cross over.

Source

Thats really interesting, I can't wait to read issue 15 and see that hint of who it is. And I can't wait to learn more about that cross-over.
    Thanks for sharing this! Captain Midnight is the man in the Dark Horse books and I've loved what they've done with him and how he's coming to terms with the world around him. I really really dig Tempus as a recurring foil for Cap and I'm looking forward to the big bad coming out.
    "You're intel should have warned us he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy. That's not just "one man" That's TONY FREAKING STARK! COBRA

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for sharing this! Captain Midnight is the man in the Dark Horse books and I've loved what they've done with him and how he's coming to terms with the world around him. I really really dig Tempus as a recurring foil for Cap and I'm looking forward to the big bad coming out.
    Ya I have to say Tempus is one of my favorite bad guys from PBS. I am really looking forward to seeing who the new bad guy is though. I have my guesses cause its a old CGW character. But I can't wait to read issue 15 to see who it is and learn more.
    Last edited by Power Torch; Yesterday at 05:20 PM.
    Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    - Pulls:

Anyone else get the feeling that Dark Horse is making a load of profit on these books on the back end?

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that Dark Horse is making a load of profit on these books on the back end?
    What do you mean by "on the back end"?

They must be making some profit off of it though right? Or they would be canceling them. Maybe they are making more money from these digitally then in print. They seem to be on sale a lot, and they are cheap normally too. Heck they even gave away 5 free copies of Ghost 7 this month.
    Last edited by Power Torch; Yesterday at 06:01 PM.
    Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    - Pulls:

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Ya I have to say Tempus is one of my favorite bad guys from PBS. I am really looking forward to seeing who the new bad guy is though. I have my guesses cause its a old CGW character. But I can't wait to read issue 15 to see who it is and learn more.
    I hope Ghastly will be working with the new bad guy,
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else." - Halle Berry as Storm

Yes! Storm has her own ongoing solo comics. Storm #1 in shops: 7/23/2014

Best Storm site: http://storm-goddess.webs.com
    Try Project Black Sky (Dark Horse) characters and learn more about Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman and X!

Ororo Munroe aka Storm is synonymous to complete awesomeness!