Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    Got my SDCC '15 badges!!! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd rather have a lower price tag on the tpb copy . . . like four issues plus extras for maybe a $12.99 cover price instead of a $14.99 cover price?
    Idk, I don't mind giving them the 2 or 3 dollars more in support of the PBS line. The more money they make the longer the line stays. But that's just me I guess. I mean I bought the Ghost trades and I have the single issues as well just to show support haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    I included the Ghost zero as part of the "4part mini" I mentioned. The mini was actually a 3 part mini with the zero issue tied in, thus 4 part mini i should've been more precise. X also had a story in DHP, but it was reprinted in X 0, so I didn't include it, Im hoping they do the same with Blackout
    Ghost was a 5 issue mini series with the first being a issue 0 haha.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 11-24-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Elisa Cameron; Ghost #7
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).
    - Original Join Date: Jun 2011

yep, smoke and din was 1-4 plus a zero issue, Ive got all the variant and must have assumed 4 was just a variant cover for 3. Been awhile since Ive visited my back issues

Quote Originally Posted by Aomalle27 View Post
    yep, smoke and din was 1-4 plus a zero issue, Ive got all the variant and must have assumed 4 was just a variant cover for 3. Been awhile since Ive visited my back issues
    It's cool, when I first read that post I did not question it. I had to go look it up myself after a bit because it did not sound right lol.
    "Sometimes it's nice being the Ghost. Save a life here, kill a demon there. It's a pretty good living."
    - Pulls:
    - Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight. Dynamite: Solar, Chastity. Valiant: Dr. Mirage Mini. Zenescope: Robyn Hood. IDW: Silent Hill Downpour Mini. Archie: The Shield(2015).

I doubt the Dell monsters are public domain, considering they were introduced in 1968, but they did use Herbie in easter egg format in Brain Boy 2, so I wouldn't put it past 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I doubt the Dell monsters are public domain, considering they were introduced in 1968, but they did use Herbie in easter egg format in Brain Boy 2, so I wouldn't put it past 'em.
    I would be up for them doing something with the Dell monsters. But they did already use werewolfs kinda sorta in Captain Midnight. Not sure how well the actual monsters would work in PBS.
    - Pulls:

I wonder if they could bring back The American and fit him in with Project Black Sky?

^^^^
    Punisher meets Captain America.

Anything is possible. Was this a series, like The Mark? It's owned by DH and not a work for hire project? The fonts for the DH logo look about the same.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    Punisher meets Captain America.

Anything is possible. Was this a series, like The Mark? It's owned by DH and not a work for hire project? The fonts for the DH logo look about the same.
    It was back in the day when Dark Horse had a lot of b&w titles, but I don't know about ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder if they could bring back The American and fit him in with Project Black Sky?

They collected his stuff back in 2005. It would be interesting to see how they would fit it in PBS. But I don't know enough about him to say anything else.

First I think they really need to add Barb Wire or another female hero before they add anymore lol. We were teased Barb, and I think this line up could benefit from a 2nd female hero or "hero" like Barb or maybe bring back Focus and her team(Mindgame, Kinetic and Frenzy), but redo there origin so they aren't linked to Ghost and maybe link them to PBS. As a group of powered woman who take down powered humans or aliens or something? I would read that. I love female team books like the Birds of Prey. Maybe it could be Dark Horses Birds of Prey. I always felt the team could have been used much more in the 90s.
    - Pulls:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=57348
    There is a solo thread for this, which we should contribute to if only to raise awareness among the Indie crowd.

Good news:
    Ghost & X are sticking around
    Barb Wire ongoing official, out of Mike Richardson's mouth
    Other characters to be introduced? So, beyond Mark, King Tiger...others? Cool. Vortex maybe?

Bad news:
    No mention of Captain Midnight or Brain Boy's future within PBS aka Comics Greatest World 2.0
    No mention of Blackout or Occultist either
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=57348
    There is a solo thread for this, which we should contribute to if only to raise awareness among the Indie crowd.

Good news:
    Ghost & X are sticking around
    Barb Wire ongoing official, out of Mike Richardson's mouth
    Other characters to be introduced? So, beyond Mark, King Tiger...others? Cool. Vortex maybe?

Bad news:
    No mention of Captain Midnight or Brain Boy's future within PBS aka Comics Greatest World 2.0
    No mention of Blackout or Occultist either
    That was a great interview. I am sure Cap and the rest will be back in some way. I am sure they have plans and are not doing away with them. In more minis or team books maybe? Sad to hear that some retailers don't push this line. My store does! And the staff read them as well, we talk about them all the time.

Glad to see Ghost and X are doing strong, and while we knew about Barb Wire, I was starting to worry, even with Scott talking to me about it last comic con I was freaking out a bit lol. But now with a date and Mike talking about it, I am sooooooo excited. Also can't wait for King Tiger and whatever else they have planed for PBS, I trust them to do right by this line.

Now I just hope they push it more as well as those silly retailers. PBS or rocks!
    - Pulls:

I wrote to Jim Gibbons once mentioning that we hardly ever see anything PBS related feeds on facebook was told that they would be looking into that. The big word I took away from this article is Marketing & that they will focus more on that in the coming year. =)
    Come and Join the Conspiracy! www.facebook.com/groups/ProjectBlackSky/

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightHour View Post
    I wrote to Jim Gibbons once mentioning that we hardly ever see anything PBS related feeds on facebook was told that they would be looking into that. The big word I took away from this article is Marketing & that they will focus more on that in the coming year. =)
    I hope it's true! We need more marketing from them haha. Also they should update the sksky watchers blog lol.

Here is a interview with Chris and they talk a bit about Ghost and Chicago:
    CBR Robot 6: Your main regular assignment right now is writing Dark Horse’s Ghost series. That’s a character who was on the fence – well-known enough to be brought back, but not so well-known that you couldn’t alter the approach of the book. You and I have talked about Ghost before, but I want to dig more info the fact that it’s based in Chicago – a town you lived in for a number of years, even going to a prestigious private university there. What’s that like working in a town you know so well, but also one you left? And can you say why you left?

Chris: I don’t think she’ll mind me telling this story, but when Kelly Sue [DeConnic] was working on Ghost #0, she had a scene that required the characters to bury a body somewhere where it wouldn’t be found. She’d sent out an email to a couple people from Chicago she knew, including me, asking if we knew of such a place. I think within a few minutes or so I knew the place, a fenced in wildlife preserve in the middle of Waveland Park, off-limits to the public and full of dense growth and swampy-looking water. I remember staring at it through the chain-link fence as a kid and thinking that stuff was quicksand. So it was an immediate connection for me.

It’s really helpful, having that innate knowledge of the city’s layout, of which L train goes where, down to oddly specific stuff like a fire escape in a gap between buildings on Michigan Avenue. It’s like paying attention and noticing all that stuff while I was there was all for something,, y’know? The city is a lot different from when I left it in 2000, a lot of it not for the better, but things like Svengoolie, the local horror host, or the ominous network of roads beneath the streets downtown, those don’t change, and they’ve been great fodder for making this book feel a little more real.

As for why I left, I’m what’s known as a locationist. I inherited it from my dad. The belief that if you move somewhere new, then you are a new person, you can change yourself, because you’re not surrounded by all the same familiar things and people. Sometimes you exhaust a city, or you get stuck on some notion about how you don’t want to die in the town you grew up in, and it was a little of both for me. I wanted to dramatically change my life and a lot of times, the easiest way to do that is quit everything, pull up stakes, and hope for the best.
    http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...topher-sebela/

Nothing big, but a cool interview for a Ghost and Chris fan like me.
    - Pulls: