Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1747

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends his trash tier run with a Kitty/Colossus wedding.

Well that's depressing to think about.

No, they don't "just" need to take off the underwear because then she'd still be wearing a training uniform that she's been wearing variations of since the late '90s. It needs to be a complete overhaul that should harken back to her Excalibur costume, or go a different way entirely. Funnily enough, she wear the Han Solo get-up much better than Star-Lord ever did so maybe do something with that.
    I don't mind her with the yellow and black costume. I loved how she looked on Bendis run. I think that after so many time wearing, it kinda became her aesthethic, like Jean with green, Emma and white and etc.

Claremont was on the Jay and Miles podcast and he hates Kitty's current costume. Says it was outdated back in 1964....LOL

Still baffled Marvel's just pretending nothing's wrong with having a Jewish character run around with a design drawn by an anti-Semite.

I just want more Kurt and Kitty!

Ultimate Member

Still baffled Marvel's just pretending nothing's wrong with having a Jewish character run around with a design drawn by an anti-Semite.
    To be fair, it is based on her late 90s costume, which was itself based on her original 80s costume (main difference was the removal of the cowl), which was in turn identical to Jean Grey's first one. The only real difference is her short hair, which looks like getting dealt with in the new year.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-16-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, it is based on her late 90s costume, which was itself based on her original 80s costume (main difference was the removal of the cowl), which was in turn identical to Jean Grey's first one. The only real difference is her short hair, which looks like getting dealt with in the new year.
    That is such a lame excuse. Marvel bragged about signing Ardian Syaf. Then they bragged about Ardian Syaf's costume designs. And then they braggingly showed off his costume sketches. But now suddenly they're not his? How very convenient. He OWNS those designs and Marvel refuses to DISOWN them.

As for the short hair, I'm not putting any stock in a cover for an annual drawn by someone who is not even doing interiors. Especially since Marvel STILL DOES NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE COSTUME.

Lashley hinted at new costumes to a fan if I remember correctly (they may be those outfits from Negative Zone War), but I think he only said that because he hates OML's duster jacket.

Kitty needs something that looks like a modern version of her Excalibur costume.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Lashley hinted at new costumes to a fan if I remember correctly (they may be those outfits from Negative Zone War), but I think he only said that because he hates OML's duster jacket.

Kitty needs something that looks like a modern version of her Excalibur costume.
    Yeah, I think they are the Negative Zone War costumes, which means they're only temporary. Best thing to hope for at this point is that Jean's return will lead to a relaunch and new designs.

Kitty's GotG costume is a modern version of her Excalibur costume, which is why it's dumb they didn't keep it.

Yeah, I think they are the Negative Zone War costumes, which means they're only temporary. Best thing to hope for at this point is that Jean's return will lead to a relaunch and new designs.

Kitty's GotG costume is a modern version of her Excalibur costume, which is why it's dumb they didn't keep it.
    you mean this ugly thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    you mean this ugly thing?

Didn't pay attention to Bendis' GOTG after Secret Wars, so I didn't know that was a thing lol.

Kris Anka once did a redesign of it that I liked. It's basically a recolor of his Psylocke design, but it does work for Kitty.
    Last edited by bigstupidjellyfish; 10-16-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Just came in to say that I've always loved Kitty. She's not in my top 5 X-men but top 10 probably yeah. And it seems to be a pretty rough time to be a Kitty fan lol. I can see why though, the way she's being written in Gold. Having one character be the solution to every issue is the fastest way to get fans of other characters to hate you. I quite enjoyed her in the Bendis run. Her speech about the whole Havok M-word thing was exactly what I needed at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Just came in to say that I've always loved Kitty. She's not in my top 5 X-men but top 10 probably yeah. And it seems to be a pretty rough time to be a Kitty fan lol. I can see why though, the way she's being written in Gold. Having one character be the solution to every issue is the fastest way to get fans of other characters to hate you. I quite enjoyed her in the Bendis run. Her speech about the whole Havok M-word thing was exactly what I needed at the time.
    I think it would be fine if this was actually a Kitty solo book or meant to be a book focused on Kitty...but this is an X-Men team book.

She should not be the be-all, end-all, of the team.

Doesn’t help that her characterization is extremely obnoxious and not in a likable way either.

Doesn’t help that her characterization is extremely obnoxious and not in a likable way either.
    This is definitely the consensus around here, though personally I don't see it.