Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman July 2017 Solicits

Link: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...00&postcount=1
    action.jpg

ACTION COMICS #983

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Viktor Bogdanovic and Jonathan Glapion, cover by Clay Mann, variant cover by Gary Frank.
    "Revenge," part one! A beaten and battered Superman can barely hold his own against the revenge squad of his greatest foes -- but hope rushes from the horizon as the Superman family arrives!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on July 12.

ACTION COMICS #984

Written by Dan Jurgens, art by Viktor Bogdanovic and Jonathan Glapion, cover by Clay Mann, variant cover by Gary Frank.
    "Revenge" part two! A battle of titanic proportions rages through Superman's arctic fortress as General Zod reveals his ultimate plan by accessing the Phantom Zone. Superman's family's lives hang in the balance as "Revenge" concludes.
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on July 26.

NEW SUPER-MAN #13
    newsman.jpg

Written by Gene Luen Yang, art by Billy Tan, cover by Philip Tan, variant cover by Bernard Chang.
    "The Zero Ultimatum," part three! Shanghai falls -- and Emperor Super-Man rules the ashes! With an army of super-villains on the streets, the Justice League of China leads the movement to take the city back. New Super-Man's head isn't in the game upon discovering the shocking secret of his mother's true identity, and Wonder-Woman has been transformed and Bat-Man is overwhelmed! It's up to I-Ching and the New Flash of China to snap Kenan out of it and save Shanghai!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on July 12.

SUPERGIRL #11

superg.jpg

Written by Steve Orlando, art by Brian Ching, cover by Robson Rocha and Daniel Henrigues, variant cover by Bengal.
    "Escape From The Phantom Zone" part three! Supergirl must quell the maelstrom tearing apart the Phantom Zone, as Batgirl faces down the Phantom King one on one. If they fail, they'll be lost in the Phantom Zone forever!

SUPERMAN #26

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, art by Scott Godlewski, cover y Lee Weeks, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez.
    "Road Trip" part one! It's been an emotional and physical rollercoaster for Superman, Lois, and Jon: the Eradicator, DInosaur Island, Frankenstein and the Bride, Multiversity, Reborn and Black Dawn -- a barrage of terror and horror! What does the family need right now? Yep, you got it...a vacation!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on July 5.

SUPERMAN #27

Written by Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, art by Scott Godlewski, cover by Ryan Sook, variant cover by Jorge Jimenez.
    "Road Trip," part two! As the Kents' family road trip takes some strange and unexpected turns that will reveal a foreboding threat reaching out to touch their lives, you can bet that their gonna need a vacation after their vacation!
    32 pages, $2.99, in stores on July 19.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-17-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Did this solicit just spoil whom the "Red Matrix Man" is? Its Zod?

"Road Trip" has the potential to be interesting if its inferred this threat is Dr. Manhattan. Aside from that though I'd prefer "family togetherness" stories be for one-off standalone issues, decompressors after an arc or something, not an arc in of itself.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

SuperWoman solicit doesn't mention it being the final issue, so fans may have hope.

SUPERWOMAN #12

Written by K. Perkins, art by Stephen Segovia and Art Thibert, cover by Ken Lashley, variant cover by Renato Guedes.
    "Rediscovery," part three! Superwoman has taken matters into her own hands, and has engaged in battle with the deadly Skyhook! The tragic origin of Crash is revealed, and the dark secret he carries has made him public enemy number one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

"Road Trip" has the potential to be interesting if its inferred this threat is Dr. Manhattan. Aside from that though I'd prefer "family togetherness" stories be for one-off standalone issues, decompressors after an arc or something, not an arc in of itself.
    Yeah, I found it even more funny that Revenge is starting again in July. DC needs to write these solicits better lol.

And yeah, I'm surprised the road trip is gonna be even bigger than we expected. Definitely curious.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 04-17-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Fantastic Member

Nice! I'm looking forward to the Super family reuniting to battle the Revenge Squad. Should be epic.

Uh-oh. So the Kents are going to need a vacation after their vacation? This poor family can't catch a break. Lol

Thoughts:

- Super-Family vs. the Revenge Squad and culminating in Superman vs. Zod? Sounds awesome .

- Wow, Batgirl has practically become the co-star of Supergirl at this point. She's even fighting the main villain of the arc solo .

I thought it might be the threat that was teased way back in the Dinosaur Island two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- Super-Family vs. the Revenge Squad and culminating in Superman vs. Zod? Sounds awesome .
    Definitely wonder where you go with the book after having a face off with all of his big villains. Guessing a new villain or maybe the book crosses over with Metal.

Yeah the Supergirl issue has the potential to really go bad if they're not careful. Xa-Du should be able to just crush Barbara. It shouldn't even be a situation where the reader could contemplate her remotely having any chance. They really need to put the brakes on all this Bat-guesting. Because no one can seem to do it in a tempered manner. Whether its Batman in Superman books or Batgirl here, they always seem to steal the spotlight with OP moments. If they want that link, then they need a huge banner at DC offices saying something like "Batman characters are human. They can't take on most Superman villains." Until writers learn the lesson.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-17-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Definitely wonder where you go with the book after having a face off with all of his big villains. Guessing a new villain or maybe the book crosses over with Metal.
    It could be a lead-in to Action becoming a Super-Family book, as Jurgens has teased in the past, though that might also have been in relation to their involvement in this arc.

Yeah the Supergirl issue has the potential to really go bad if they're not careful. Xa-Du should be able to just crush Barbara. It shouldn't even be a situation where the reader could contemplate her remotely having any chance. They really need to put the brakes on all this Bat-guesting. Because no one can seem to do it in a tempered manner. Whether its Batman in Superman books or Batgirl here, they always seem to steal the spotlight with OP moments.
    I'm still happy to see the Supergirl/Batgirl team back in full force .

Oh I like it too, just like I like the Superman Batman team ups, but you just have to be more careful with the threats than they are, imo.

It's nice to see Kenan officially be part of the Superman family.

Yeah the Supergirl issue has the potential to really go bad if they're not careful. Xa-Du should be able to just crush Barbara. It shouldn't even be a situation where the reader could contemplate her remotely having any chance. They really need to put the brakes on all this Bat-guesting. Because no one can seem to do it in a tempered manner. Whether its Batman in Superman books or Batgirl here, they always seem to steal the spotlight with OP moments. If they want that link, then they need a huge banner at DC offices saying something like "Batman characters are human. They can't take on most Superman villains." Until writers learn the lesson.
    Indeed. It's getting freaking ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It's nice to see Kenan officially be part of the Superman family.
    When will Batman and Wonder Woman get to meet their Chinese counterparts? Has Flash already met his? It seems she got her powers among all of those other speedsters recently.

Really, really excited for the super family teamup

Superman Family? Did I miss Kon-El on that cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    When will Batman and Wonder Woman get to meet their Chinese counterparts? Has Flash already met his? It seems she got her powers among all of those other speedsters recently.
    He actually mentored her in the first few arcs of Williamson's run .