Page 244 of 290 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4350

Thread: Latest orders!

  1. #3646
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Last month's hauls :


  2. #3647
    Astonishing Member sakuyamons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Wonder girl: adventures of a teen Titan
    Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka book 2

  3. #3648
    Mighty Member My Two Cents's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    I never really cared for seeing a bunch of long boxes piled up, unless it was in my home.
    But I sure do enjoy seeing the many posts of collectors showing there book cases filled.
    I guess a pile of boxes is a pile of boxes, but each and every book case display is unique
    and something to appreciate and incorporate into a personal library.

  4. #3649
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Last month's hauls :

    nice! Going on a SW binge before the new movie?
    Also I have to get my act together and get the rest of Irredeemable, love that series.

  5. #3650
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice! Going on a SW binge before the new movie?
    Also I have to get my act together and get the rest of Irredeemable, love that series.
    No I'm not really interested in the movie, I'm just on a Star Wars comics kick right now :P

    And Irredeemable is very good, indeed !

  6. #3651
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    My latest hauls over the last week:



    And I FINALLY snagged these books that I have been trying to acquire for a long time. This now completes my Hellboy and BPRD collection (and I'll soon have the last Hellboy LE in about a month)



    I bought them off a great seller on Ebay. He wanted $300, but I managed to get them for $270. Yeah, I know that's a lot, but comics are worth what you are willing to pay for them, and I was willing to pay that amount. Plus, I already had the BPRD 1946-1948 DE book, so I can sell one of them and recoup some of my money I spent. In the end, I'll probably have only paid $250, which isn't bad considering how extremely hard it is to find all four of them together for sale.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

  7. #3652
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    ^^^
    Nice! Great find with BPRD! Not the be a party pooper but did you know that the entirety of X-O vol3 is in the Armor hunters dlx because it's part of that crossover? Although I can understand if you don't want to have vol 1,2, Armor hunters, vol 4, 5 on your shelf.

  8. #3653
    Spectacular Member bob fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Suburbs of Philly
    Posts
    153

    Default

    image.jpg
    September purchases so far.I finally managed to complete Johns Flash run.
    I'd love to have a John Byrne Superman omnibus in my collection.How 'bout it DC?

  9. #3654
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ^^^
    Nice! Great find with BPRD!
    Thanks! You don't know how delighted I am to finally have these books in my collection. It's a relief really. I thought I was never going to get them and almost gave up looking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Not the be a party pooper but did you know that the entirety of X-O vol3 is in the Armor hunters dlx because it's part of that crossover? Although I can understand if you don't want to have vol 1,2, Armor hunters, vol 4, 5 on your shelf.
    Not sure what you mean Balakin. This is the only new Valiant series I have picked up and only because I loved the original run and read the first few issues of this run and liked it. I really don't know what is happening in this new universe. Do you mean there's a crossover with Armor Hunters that isn't in X-O v3?
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

  10. #3655
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    image.jpg
    September purchases so far.I finally managed to complete Johns Flash run.
    Oh, wow! I've been thinking of getting Kraven's Last Hunt for a while but I couldn't decide if I wanted to spend the $$$ on that or other things. I'll probably end up getting it eventually. And I just got that Vader omni myself today. It's amazing looking isn't it?!

    Also, I can't quite make out what that JLA book is. Is it from Waid's run?

    Great books!!
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

  11. #3656
    Incredible Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Thanks! You don't know how delighted I am to finally have these books in my collection. It's a relief really. I thought I was never going to get them and almost gave up looking.



    Not sure what you mean Balakin. This is the only new Valiant series I have picked up and only because I loved the original run and read the first few issues of this run and liked it. I really don't know what is happening in this new universe. Do you mean there's a crossover with Armor Hunters that isn't in X-O v3?
    The complete x-o 3 is in the armor hunters, together with the rest of the event.

  12. #3657
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    13,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    The complete x-o 3 is in the armor hunters, together with the rest of the event.
    Ah, I get what you're both saying now. I just looked it up. Well, crud. Isn't that a kick in the teeth

    So do I need really need those other issues (Armor Hunters: Aftermath #1, Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #1-3, Armor Hunters: Harbinger #1-3, Unity #8-11) to fully understand what happened during that event? Or can I just stick with reading the X-O issues?

    Because I'm looking at the prices for that Armor Hunters DE and it's insane.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Russell Dauterman, Kev Walker, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing, you may have life in His name.--John 20:31

  13. #3658
    Astonishing Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Last month's hauls :

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    My latest hauls over the last week:



    And I FINALLY snagged these books that I have been trying to acquire for a long time. This now completes my Hellboy and BPRD collection (and I'll soon have the last Hellboy LE in about a month)



    I bought them off a great seller on Ebay. He wanted $300, but I managed to get them for $270. Yeah, I know that's a lot, but comics are worth what you are willing to pay for them, and I was willing to pay that amount. Plus, I already had the BPRD 1946-1948 DE book, so I can sell one of them and recoup some of my money I spent. In the end, I'll probably have only paid $250, which isn't bad considering how extremely hard it is to find all four of them together for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    image.jpg
    September purchases so far.I finally managed to complete Johns Flash run.
    Fantastic hauls guys. I considered investing in the Valiant and Mignola Universes as what I had and had read I thought were pretty good but decided against it as a) I would never get around to reading them due to lack of time, b) have to buy a bigger house for lack of space and c) be forced to declare bankruptcy. Btw, my Darth Vader Omnibus is on its way.

  14. #3659
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Ah, I get what you're both saying now. I just looked it up. Well, crud. Isn't that a kick in the teeth

    So do I need really need those other issues (Armor Hunters: Aftermath #1, Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #1-3, Armor Hunters: Harbinger #1-3, Unity #8-11) to fully understand what happened during that event? Or can I just stick with reading the X-O issues?

    Because I'm looking at the prices for that Armor Hunters DE and it's insane.
    yeah I think the event itself is kind of important and it's an important story for X-o because the whole story happens because of the armor.

  15. #3660
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Fantastic hauls guys. I considered investing in the Valiant and Mignola Universes as what I had and had read I thought were pretty good but decided against it as a) I would never get around to reading them due to lack of time, b) have to buy a bigger house for lack of space and c) be forced to declare bankruptcy. Btw, my Darth Vader Omnibus is on its way.
    both are great universes but some of the hardcovers in both are ridiculously oop. Still the stories are great and worth getting them in any format. Valiant is very crossover heavy outside of a few titles (like the great Ivar, Timewalker) but it's well written and well put together.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •