Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171
Results 2,551 to 2,564 of 2564
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You're probably right. I'm not super up on the collectibles market, since I really only buy collectibles that have meaning to me external to their collectibility, and don't try to complete sets or resell them.
    At least DC and Marvel will get more money than having to prompt people buy the whole set since HeroClix allows more leeway for players to decide on whether or not they want certain figure without feeling forced to buy the whole set just so they can play the game

Actually, Steph was around in 1996. She was created in 1992 (last year was her quarter century anniversary! Hooray!), and by 1996 was indeed pursuing Tim, though they wouldn't official date for at least two more years.
    Makes me wish Stephanie was in the Batcave and was teleported with Tim to Jubilee's room I can imagine the tension building as Jubilee complements Tim's wardrobe.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    At least DC and Marvel will get more money than having to prompt people buy the whole set since HeroClix allows more leeway for players to decide on whether or not they want certain figure without feeling forced to buy the whole set just so they can play the game

Makes me wish Stephanie was in the Batcave and was teleported with Tim to Jubilee's room I can imagine the tension building as Jubilee complements Tim's wardrobe.
    Except HeroClix follows the miniatures sales pattern of blind bags, so you don't know what you're buying unless you go for the secondary market or get the "battle ready packs." So...it's still a ripoff. Unless, as stated, buying on secondary market. Which I recommend! (I'm also really tempted to buy the really cool HeroClix Batcave. Cause it's really cool.

I dunno if Steph had been invited to the Batcave yet. I thought that wasn't until after she learned Tim's real name, in the late 90s.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Except HeroClix follows the miniatures sales pattern of blind bags, so you don't know what you're buying unless you go for the secondary market or get the "battle ready packs." So...it's still a ripoff. Unless, as stated, buying on secondary market. Which I recommend! (I'm also really tempted to buy the really cool HeroClix Batcave. Cause it's really cool.

I dunno if Steph had been invited to the Batcave yet. I thought that wasn't until after she learned Tim's real name, in the late 90s.
    Blind bag figures are definitely a risk if you're looking for a certain character but what if the secondary market doesn't stock the figures you want? Given how afterward in a later where Tim and Jubilee meet again Tim is dating Ariana Dzerchenko. I don't think Stephanie had evens set foot in the Batcave at the time still it's nice to dream if she and Jubilee fought in Marvel vs DC.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Blind bag figures are definitely a risk if you're looking for a certain character but what if the secondary market doesn't stock the figures you want? Given how afterward in a later where Tim and Jubilee meet again Tim is dating Ariana Dzerchenko. I don't think Stephanie had evens set foot in the Batcave at the time still it's nice to dream if she and Jubilee fought in Marvel vs DC.
    The biggest problem with the secondary market usually hasn't been finding figures, but how much the rarer ones cost.

I agree - I don't think Steph was in the Batcave till much, much later - 1998ish, if I remember right. But I do sometimes dream of Steph involved in bigger events, so more people loved her like me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Astonishing Member

Don't worry folks, Stephanie will be back in May, as Tynion is wrapping up his run

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...41&postcount=1

Written by James Tynion IV, art by Alvaro Martinez and Raul Fernandez, cover by Alvaro Martinez and Raul Fernandez, variant cover by Rafael Albuquerque.
    "Batmen Eternal" part five! The worst possible future for Gotham City has been locked into place, and there's nothing Batman can do to stop it...until Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain catch a glimpse of something they never would have thought possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Don't worry folks, Stephanie will be back in May

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...41&postcount=1
    And she's also the only still alive member of the team not on the cover of #981...
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Yes, Assam is right.. Despite the problems with Kate in previous solicitations, Steph is the only that is not here..

Maybe is the goodbye.. To confirm that Steph and Cass are really the best friends..
    Waiting for Maya Ducard(aka Nobody) and RSOB return
    Waiting for the first Damian girlfriend..
    Waiting for one Steph&Cass comic..

Very sad about all this. I hope Assam is right, and we're looking at a Gotham Knights title - but with Tynion on something NOPE JUSTICE related, The Immortal Men, and very likely several spin-offs or unrelated books, it seems like there's a lot of stuff he's gotten going. I hope he puts everything into this last arc, and ends well.

I heard that maybe... May is the LAST month with Tynion in Detective Comics..

Despite she is not in the last cover, I hope see the ending of Steph problems(because maybe I will see the 2 last solicitations) because I think that I will not see her here in the future.. This is the true end of this bat-team..
    Last edited by adrikito; Yesterday at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I heard that maybe... May is the only month with Tynion in Detective Comics..

Despite she is not in the last cover, I hope see the ending of Steph problems(because maybe I will see the 2 last solicitations) because I think that I will not see her here in the future.. This is the true end of this bat-team..
    I agree. I am incredibly sad about this. I'm glad they're giving Tynion a good 6 issues to wrap things up - though that almost certainly leaves Cass's plot with Shiva and Ra's/Jean-Paul Sr./mystery villain unfinished, since the next plot seems like it's going to wrap up the whole Colony issue.

And if Tynion has Steph alone and isolated and angry at the end, I'm going to be very disappointed, even though I think his run on Tec has been really good.

And if Tynion has Steph alone and isolated and angry at the end, I'm going to be very disappointed, even though I think his run on Tec has been really good.
    Despite my problems with detective comics... I think that if he surprise me again, I can give on 7 as review of all the chapters that I saw.. For now I am only planning see the 975 and the 2 last issues of Tynion work, with the HOPE of one last HAPPY MOMENT with Steph..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Despite my problems with detective comics... I think that if he surprise me again, I can give on 7 as review of all the chapters that I saw..
    Even if he screws Steph over, I'd give the whole run an 8. It's really enjoyable, features the best characters, and has really solid art. And I'm really glad Martinez is doing the last issue - that's really excellent news.

Well, this isn't good.

https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...39514238570496

Tynion says that he's leaving Gotham for the forseeable future. So definitely no Gotham Knights.

Which I kind of guessed, since his current direction - NOPE JUSTICE, The Immortal Men - have been very much in that direction. But I hoped.

But now...

Steph has no champion. Even as a flawed one, Tynion has given me hope as a Steph fan for 4 years. Now...the future's a pretty dark place for a Steph fan.

Um. I mean, I'd also love to be in charge of the New DC Universe: Steph Is The Best company, but I think Rebirth in general has been pretty good. I think Tynion has just been hijacked by Metal/NOPE JUSTICE, and hasn't been giving Tec all the attention it needs with all of the plates he needs to spin.
    I think they (DC) were hoping for him to have the same amount of output as Dixon did in the late 90s/early 00s.

If you look at Dixon's bibliography, it's unbelievable. He's a madman. I was going through one of my "Essential" Punisher volumes and saw some of the stories he wrote, and they were the more memorable ones. (I have the originals in a box, but prefer re-reading reprints. I used up most of my allowance and paper route money buying them when they were originally published, for $1-$1.25 a pop. )

The guy can WRITE.