Page 109 of 134 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2007
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But he also didn't really used them in his stories iirc.
    Morrison, as far as I know, created the Black Bat identity (I still haven't figured out who was responsible for keeping her out of the stories for a full year after she gave Steph the cowl). He also gave Steph her own issue of Batman Inc, which is about as much as he did for any non-Batman or Robin character.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Morrison, as far as I know, created the Black Bat identity (I still haven't figured out who was responsible for keeping her out of the stories for a full year after she gave Steph the cowl).
    IIRc it was in Red Robin where Tim suggested she use Black Bat, but honestly "Black Bat" is (like Red Robin) neither particularly creative nor a real step away from Batgirl (even her costume was in universe partly her (or actally Helena's ?) old suit ...).

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    He also gave Steph her own issue of Batman Inc, which is about as much as he did for any non-Batman or Robin character.
    In the last issue, before the Reboot iirc.

Astonishing Member

I have to correct myself, Tims suggestions were Bat-Chick, Knightbat and Black Robin ...

IIRc it was in Red Robin where Tim suggested she use Black Bat, but honestly "Black Bat" is (like Red Robin) neither particularly creative nor a real step away from Batgirl (even her costume was in universe partly her (or actally Helena's ?) old suit ...).
    Black Bat wasn't actually one of the name's Tim suggested. Morrison, lover of all continuity and references that he is, got Black Bat from the nickname Cass was called by Black Wind during the Horrocks run.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

In the last issue, before the Reboot iirc.
    However, Morrison had been planning it for at least a year - he references it in Batman: The Return, and then in issue #6 of Batman Inc. BQM was clearly told to set it up in Batgirl issue #22, and Morrison didn't originally plan for the reboot, so I don't think you can say that the fact that it was the last issue of Batman Inc to be in the old continuity counts against Morrison's interest in using Steph.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Oh yeah, besides lists, another method I came up with to deal with the depression was to go through older parts of the forum and purposely seek out things which I knew would make me angry. There were more than a couple cases in this thread which did that too, but seeing comments like this one just make me laugh in retrospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I imagine it'll be Tim that gives Steph and even Harper their tech. The new Dynamic Trio! I'm actually really excited for it.
    Now this lead to a whole humorous debate but that's besides the point. While none of the comments were exactly like this, there were several across various threads along these lines. And I'm just like...did the people who really don't like Cass on this forum really think that after Steph came back that Cass wouldn't be following suit? Was Tynion not established as a 90's fanboy yet? Did people forget that Snyder originally wanted Gates of Gotham to be a Cass-focused book? Was it just mean spirited wishful thinking on their part? If any of the people who were making these kinds of comments in 2014 and 2015 see this, I'd be interested in hearing what your thought process was back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Oh yeah, besides lists, another method I came up with to deal with the depression was to go through older parts of the forum and purposely seek out things which I knew would make me angry. There were more than a couple cases in this thread which did that too, but seeing comments like this one just make me laugh in retrospect.

Now this lead to a whole humorous debate but that's besides the point. While none of the comments were exactly like this, there were several across various threads along these lines. And I'm just like...did the people who really don't like Cass on this forum really think that after Steph came back that Cass wouldn't be following suit? Was Tynion not established as a 90's fanboy yet? Did people forget that Snyder originally wanted Gates of Gotham to be a Cass-focused book? Was it just mean spirited wishful thinking on their part? If any of the people who were making these kinds of comments in 2014 and 2015 see this, I'd be interested in hearing what your thought process was back then.
    It was a strange time for me. I'd been gone from comics since the end of 2011, and Batman Eternal got me back into comics pretty thoroughly. We had the Future's End: Batgirl one-shot to show us that Cass was again "allowed" in stories, so I was pretty sure that Steph would come back in the sequel to Batman Eternal, and was extremely excited for that. I never once hoped that Cass wouldn't come back, and, in fact, once Steph did come back, my greatest hope was for Cass to come back and be best friends with her again.

I remember that time... the first time that I heard both names(steph/cass)... I started with the comic few time before that..

As I said... Both are inseparable.. If one exist the other too.. or something is wrong here..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-09-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Origin of this image?

MI 3000th post for Stephanie Brown.. She is worth.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-12-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Origin of this image?

Batgirl Vol 1 #26 AKA My favorite solo Steph adventure.

Origin of this image?

Congrats on 3000! And who better than our very own Spoiler!

The issue is https://www.comixology.com/Batgirl-2...al-comic/22498

THANK YOU Assam and miller..

Despite all.. Steph is more intelligent than Harper and Leslie.. They fall easily in Anarky tricks..

Despite all.. Steph is more intelligent than Harper and Leslie.. They fall easily in Anarky tricks..
    Oooh, harsh. I think Steph had the advantage of Batman's information, and Lonnie being creepy in his recruitment tactics.

Take this with a grain of salt, but the December solicits have apparently leaked:

IMG_g6xd0e.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)