Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1681

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'm not a fan of what Tynion is doing with Steph but that hasn't affect my love for the character. I don't think she's losing any fans over this
    This is bad for make new fans but if you read ALL the RUN since the begin you can understand that something is wrong with her. This is all only for Tim death..

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That's untrue and unfair.
    I don't have a sense of "mostly" or not, but I do think that's a very, very loud group of people who say exactly that whenever they criticize what's happening in Tec.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

I don't have a sense of "mostly" or not, but I do think that's a very, very loud group of people who say exactly that whenever they criticize what's happening in Tec.
    Wich always confuse me, Tynion is not among my favorite writters and has problems with pacing and plot, but honestly Batman hasn't come in particulary bad ligth during his whole Tec's run, neither in his abilities or as a person (he actually come across as more likable that many recent interations of the characther). It the problems is the fact that he hasn't got his own arc here, well fair enougth, but beyond that, Bruce has been charatherized just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wich always confuse me, Tynion is not among my favorite writters and has problems with pacing and plot, but honestly Batman hasn't come in particulary bad ligth during his whole Tec's run, neither in his abilities or as a person (he actually come across as more likable that many recent interations of the characther). It the problems is the fact that he hasn't got his own arc here, well fair enougth, but beyond that, Bruce has been charatherized just fine.
    I think it's specifically a conflict between those for whom Batman is their favorite character, and they have difficulty seeing when he is wrong or has weaknesses, and those for whom Batman is much more ambiguous - sometimes a loving father figure, sometimes a harsh antagonist to your favorite characters. Steph fans tend to be much more of the latter mindset, because War Games really crystallized the antagonistic relationship Batman can have in the hands of bad writers with his family.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

I found one fanart..

0stephanie-brown-tim-drake.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I found one fanart..

That one's really cute - and I love the rendering. There's a real skill there!

I found one fanart..

I would love to see this actually happen in either a comic or cartoon. So cute .

Lest we forget, this is a red-letter week for Steph - she appears in two different comics! Birds of Prey and Detective!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Lest we forget, this is a red-letter week for Steph - she appears in two different comics! Birds of Prey and Detective!
    Only in the preview, no? This is Birds of Prey not Detective Comics..

Only in the preview, no? This is Birds of Prey not Detective Comics..
    Well, the preview of Birds of Prey is also in the actual comic...

I have a problem with what he is doing with Steph and batman and I like everyone on that better than Batman [aside from T** ] I think it's telling that of all the characters in Tec Batman is the only one without an arc implying that he is just there to prop the rest. Batman shouldn't be a supporting character in his book.

I wouldn't like Superman to just be a supporting character in Action as much as I like Lois and Jon so I think the grips are warranted.

I think it's telling that of all the characters in Tec Batman is the only one without an arc implying that he is just there to prop the rest.
    Bruce isn't getting an arc because, at present time, he has two other books completely dedicated to his character, along with tons of other books he's in each month. With the exception of Kate, the 'Tec team ONLY have 'Tec. And there's also the fact that of the eight team members we've had, almost all of them needed to be built back up in some form because of how they'd been screwed by the Nu52, or because they're new. Plus, if you've noticed, with the exception of the first arc, Bruce is always the 2nd most prominent member of the team.

Batman shouldn't be a supporting character in his book.
    Much like it wasn't his book when Kate was leading the thing, it isn't his book now. As I said, there are currently several options for people who only care about Batman.
    Last edited by Assam; 09-15-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

I have a problem with what he is doing with Steph and batman and I like everyone on that better than Batman [aside from T** ] I think it's telling that of all the characters in Tec Batman is the only one without an arc implying that he is just there to prop the rest. Batman shouldn't be a supporting character in his book.

I wouldn't like Superman to just be a supporting character in Action as much as I like Lois and Jon so I think the grips are warranted.
    1) The whole "Don't name Tim" thing is really annoying.

2) Batman has been a supporting character in Detective before, for various reasons - Greg Rucka's runs are big examples. I don't think what Tynion's doing is illegitimate at all.

If you do, that's fine. I just disagree. (Also, I don't read JSA, but how is Batman handled there?)

If you do, that's fine. I just disagree. (Also, I don't read JSA, but how is Batman handled there?)
    I should have known they'd stick Batman on that JSA team that definitely exists right now.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Well, the preview of Birds of Prey is also in the actual comic...
    You are right...

But with SPOILER only in the first pages, nothing, this is a comic of burnside babs and she should be replaced for another barbara for make me fan of barbara gordon again..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-16-2017 at 09:27 AM.