1. #73246
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    I was just on youtube. No one cares about what happened to T'challa after IW, sad but true. They only care about Shuri and who will be the next Black panther. Shuri making all Wakanda's technology is what makes her worthy of the mantle. All Ironman does is quips and make technology. so your point?
    People are talking about "the next Black Panther" because the current one is a pile of ash in a Wakanda jungle.

    It has nothing to do with "no on cares about T'challa." It has everything to do with the ending of the movie and the, "so what happens in Wakanda now?"
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  2. #73247
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Well where is the evidence?

    And being a capable fighter doesn't warrior/fighter doesn't?

    Sorry but it seems illogical. Like saying Q should replace James Bond. Not going to happen
    You just don't want it to happen. This does not mean it will not happen. It most likely will happen in Black panther 3.

  3. #73248
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    People are talking about "the next Black Panther" because the current one is a pile of ash in a Wakanda jungle.

    It has nothing to do with "no on cares about T'challa." It has everything to do with the ending of the movie and the, "so what happens in Wakanda now?"
    No, Spider-man is dust everyone is talking about Peter and how sad it is that he is dead, not about who will be the next Spider-man. They care about Peter. No one cares that T'challa is dust. That's why everyone wants to know when Shuri will be the queen.

  4. #73249
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    You just don't want it to happen. This does not mean it will not happen. It most likely will happen in Black panther 3.
    Maybe after BP3 they can do whatever they want.

    But stripping away T'Challa's genius intellect from the comics and giving it to Shuri in the movies and then stripping the mantle after one solo (which probably won't happen) and giving it to shuri, not that's where I have problem.

  5. #73250
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Maybe after BP3 they can do whatever they want.

    But stripping away T'Challa's genius intellect from the comics and giving it to Shuri in the movies and then stripping the mantle after one solo (which probably won't happen) and giving it to shuri, not that's where I have problem.
    Well you're going to have problems because that's what everyone wants outside this forum.

  6. #73251
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    No, Spider-man is dust everyone is talking about Peter and how sad it is that he is dead, not about who will be the next Spider-man. They care about Peter. No one cares that T'challa is dust. That's why everyone wants to know when Shuri will be the queen.
    Because Peter has no interesting mythos to talk about.

    He has no kingdom. He has no throne. He has no country that depends on him. there is no line of succession with spider-man. There is nothign to fan theory about. "Oh no Spider-Man is gone. Welp I guess May and Ned are sad. Moving on."

    T'challa had the biggest or second biggest reaction when dusted in the theater the three times I saw the movie.

    There are just as many, "M'baku would rule" posts too. But M'baku isn't a boogyman to y'all so you don't focus on that.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  7. #73252
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,345

    Default

    I remember after the movie people where shocked with what is happened to Tchalla.

    Most people probably looked up the wiki page and found that Shuri was a BP at one time. And they're speculating based on that.

    The reason people are still talking about Peter is because he had the best death scene.

  8. #73253
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Because Peter has no interesting mythos to talk about.

    He has no kingdom. He has no throne. He has no country that depends on him. there is no line of succession with spider-man. There is nothign to fan theory about. "Oh no Spider-Man is gone. Welp I guess May and Ned are sad. Moving on."

    T'challa had the biggest or second biggest reaction when dusted in the theater the three times I saw the movie.

    There are just as many, "M'baku would rule" posts too. But M'baku isn't a boogyman to y'all so you don't focus on that.
    Some of my mates and others from South Africa and Nigeria were definitely not pleased with what happened with T'Challa so people saying that no one cared about him isn't right imo.

  9. #73254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    I was just on youtube. No one cares about what happened to T'challa after IW, sad but true. They only care about Shuri and who will be the next Black panther. Shuri making all Wakanda's technology is what makes her worthy of the mantle. All Ironman does is quips and make technology. so your point?
    What happened to T’Challa is the reason people are speculating about Shuri being potentially a BP/Ruler in the first place.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-16-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Klaws of Wakanda - Princess/Queen Shuri Appreciation:

    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/klawsofwakanda/
    Tumblr: http://klawsofwakanda.tumblr.com/
    DeviantArt: http://klawsofwakanda.deviantart.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/klawsofwakanda

  10. #73255
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Don't bother picking up X-men Red #4. T'Challa doesn't do anything he is just there for window dressing.

    Oh and Storm gets kicked in the face by one of the X-men. That might annoy some of you or make you happy, but its not a huge scene.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  11. #73256
    Formerly rsreed13 robreedwrites's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    TíChallaís not getting replaced in any permanent way at this point in time. Maybe temporarily in Avengers 4/the beginning of BP 2 to show his return or permanetly in Black Panther 3 or Black Panther 4 depending on what Chadwick wants to do when heís pushing 50 (because the role of Black Panther is much more intensive than someone like Iron Man). People arenít talking about Peter being replaced because we know Peter has a movie coming out two months after Avengers 4. We know heís the Spider-Man in it. If Cap had died, people would be speculating about who would pick up the mantle. Heck, people have been doing that since the announcement that Cap 2 was going to be called The Winter Soldier. Prior to IW, people were speculating about Jane Foster/Thor or Riri taking over as Iron Heart.



    And I know plenty of people who are looking forward to TíChallaís return. The idea that the twenty or so people who post in this thread are the only ones that want TíChalla to come back as Black Panther is asinine.
    Reviews at Adventures in Poor Taste: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/author/robert/
    I also write reviews for Newsarama

  12. #73257
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    No, Spider-man is dust everyone is talking about Peter and how sad it is that he is dead, not about who will be the next Spider-man. They care about Peter. No one cares that T'challa is dust.
    Because Miles Morales hasn't shown up yet.


    That's why everyone wants to know when Shuri will be the queen.
    Shuri was Panther once and with her brother gone-she is the NEXT in line.

    There is NOTHING stopping Marvel from showing what she did between the end of IW and before IW Part 2. If she's not in that already filmed movie.

    A Netflix movie to TEASE folks is not out of the question. So when Panther 2 happens-questions about her skill won't be an issue.

    And YES folks cared about T'Challa.

    I have heard MANY parents who had to comfort kids at the end of that movie. I saw a few on Free Comic Book Day who STILL had to be consoled because they were still upset.

    "Is there any member of a royal blood, who wishes to challenge for the throne"
    If we go by Ms Marvel's comic-Shuri & Panther have a cousin. Kwezi Dzana.

    But it is the merchandise aka where the real money is, that people are ignoring.
    ANd judging by the empty Black Panther isles at many stores here-they are buying it up.

  13. #73258
    Amazing Member N'Jadaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Every thing I've read from the writers, producer and director concerning T'Challa is worrying.

    People can deny it all they want they're obviously hinting at something. At the very least some sort of spinoff.

  14. #73259
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N'Jadaka View Post
    People can deny it all they want they're obviously hinting at something. At the very least some sort of spinoff.
    Hopefully there is a spin off. The more Waknda stuff, the better.

  15. #73260
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,923

    Default

    I'm still not sure how that's a bad thing. The talk of an all-woman MCU spin-off movie has been the hot topic of discussion for the last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post

    And I know plenty of people who are looking forward to T’Challa’s return. The idea that the twenty or so people who post in this thread are the only ones that want T’Challa to come back as Black Panther is asinine.
    Black Panther merchandise has been selling like hot cakes as well. That alone would pretty much debunk the idea that people don't care about the character.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •