Page 189 of 354 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 5298

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    This was pretty much my thought on Shuri in Daredevil #7. The only thing that really bugged me (besides the loincloths on the hunters ) was the fact that Shuri cared at all about possible U.S. intervention. To me it kind of undercut the "threat" of Wakanda that was set up earlier in the issue.
    I did not like the loincoths. You mean the most technological advanced country in the world military personnel is running aroung in loincloths in the 21st century? Wow!?! Is this the Jungle Action series of the 1970s. You would think the writer would have had the artist come up with some distictive and unique uniform besides what was used.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I did not like the loincoths. You mean the most technological advanced country in the world military personnel is running aroung in loincloths in the 21st century? Wow!?! Is this the Jungle Action series of the 1970s. You would think the writer would have had the artist come up with some distictive and unique uniform besides what was used.
    Later in the issue they show some soldiers in more pedestrian uniforms. So I guess the guys with spears are outer wakandians instead of central wakandaians

Despite how I feel about the issue, I do love the art for it and I think this artist did a great job portraying Shuri:

I like that we can see her eyes as I feel it adds to her charisma.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonik View Post
    Later in the issue they show some soldiers in more pedestrian uniforms. So I guess the guys with spears are outer wakandians instead of central wakandaians
    If that is the case, then it is a plus. Show that Shuri is doing a good job as BP. Because that shows that Wakanda is a UNIFIED country following one Monarch. Especially after the war.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I don't like it very much. The mouth makes her less threatening, IMO.
    Reminds me of Batman Beyond.
    "Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
    -Jim Kelly, Enter the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post
    Well I was entertained by the latest issue of NA 23, but one thing has been kind of bothering me since I looked at it.

Will storm be pregnant with Black panther child, after there "apocalypse sex"?
    She better not, the X-men already had enough trouble with "kids."

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    She better not, the X-men already had enough trouble with "kids."
    I'm sure it would be a problem for you if she does end up getting pregnant by T'Challa. :smh:

Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Alternatively, Waid could have had Shuri's Hatut Zeraze elite warriors apprehend Daredevill instead.

That would have made for a much more appropriate visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Alternatively, Waid could have had Shuri's Hatut Zeraze elite warriors apprehend Daredevill instead.

That would have made for a much more appropriate visual.
    Maybe they were busy looking for Namor.
    tumblr
    My webcomic Updated Weekly
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Maybe they were busy looking for Namor.
    Well they won't have far to look since he may be in the Necropolis.

Does this Daredevil comic mark a change in wakandan attitudes to the outside world . Shuri showed a lot of concern over what the US thought is this a lessening of the portrayal of Wakands independent spirit?. Also why would a nation as advanced as Wakanda need to do backroom deals with shady US generals?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    Does this Daredevil comic mark a change in wakandan attitudes to the outside world . Shuri showed a lot of concern over what the US thought is this a lessening of the portrayal of Wakands independent spirit?. Also why would a nation as advanced as Wakanda need to do backroom deals with shady US generals?
    This is what happens when there's no consistent vision or direction for an intellectual property.

Inconsistencies in established canon and characterization become par the course with writers putting characters in positions that deviate extensively from where they should be.

It also doesn't help that Marvel haven't seen fit to publish a monthly ongoing solo Black Panther book despite making so much noise about diversity.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-23-2014 at 06:42 PM.

I think its a standard issue in comics. Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen and Laissez-Faire Editorial leads to poor continuity control and no one on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm sure it would be a problem for you if she does end up getting pregnant by T'Challa. :smh:

One wonders if HIckman is combining that with the A-Next kids background

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    I think I interpeted it a little differently. I didn't see it so much as an official policy as much as rogue military members making backroom deals. This is an imperfect analogy, but it's slightly like Iran/Contra. Shuri might have hushed it up, but then decided it wasn't worth the aggravation.

Having said that, I didn't see Shuri as a villain in the story.