Page 3594 of 3594 FirstFirst ... 2594309434943544358435903591359235933594
Results 53,896 to 53,901 of 53901
  1. #53896
    Astonishing Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Except that wasn't what the Prowler series was even about.

    Dude was a clone unwillingly working for the dude that cloned him. There is nothing remotely real world about that situation.
    But there is something real enough about taking an herb to be judged by a cat god who gives a guy superhuman powers and senseless, then makes said guy her champion and the ability to summon the knowledge, and skills and strength of every single champion before him spanning 10k Years AND he runs around with a Suit made of a metal that absorbs all kinetic energy, and light based energies and can track someones soul, as well as speak to his dead ancestors and control Zombies, and he is the leader of the most advanced nation on earth?

    Got it

    Last edited by Ezyo1000; Today at 12:03 PM.

  2. #53897
    Astonishing Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good rant

    I love how much realism bog down these last couple issues with all the talking to the dead and beating up snake and rock people.

    Lol.
    I Love how one thinks that barely two months of content is supposed to some how make up a years worth of shade throwing that spanned to a spin off book that the title character wasn't even in which said shade throwing started before the Debut of said solo. because the writer lacks the imagination to understand the mythos he wants to as he said "Do Right By".. Off to a pretty shitty start if you ask me

  3. #53898
    Ultimate Member DeathGods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'd of said that it was because Prowler was a D-lister with no real following, myself.

    .
    There we can agree
    Strange Silences his Ego. Quill Kills Ego.

  4. #53899
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But there is something real enough about taking an herb to be judged by a cat god who gives a guy superhuman powers and senseless, then makes said guy her champion and the ability to summon the knowledge, and skills and strength of every single champion before him spanning 10k Years AND he runs around with a Suit made of a metal that absorbs all kinetic energy, and light based energies and can track someones soul, as well as speak to his dead ancestors and control Zombies, and he is the leader of the most advanced nation on earth?

    Got it

    Sure. Because he's a ruler of a nation, it's an opportunity to incorporate real life political issues. Because he's black, it's an opportunity to incorporate real life social issues. Because he's African there are even historical and geopolitical threads to play with.

    And because he's one of the few black characters with a solo book he'll shoulder a lot of the burden of telling those sort of stories.

  5. #53900
    Astonishing Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure. Because he's a ruler of a nation, it's an opportunity to incorporate real life political issues. Because he's black, it's an opportunity to incorporate real life social issues. Because he's African there are even historical and geopolitical threads to play with.

    And because he's one of the few black characters with a solo book he'll shoulder a lot of the burden of telling those sort of stories.
    I asked what makes T'Challa's mythos more realistic given the fact that the person i was quoting said that prowlers mythos is less realistic. And no non of that means that the BP mythos should shoulder rape camps or stereotypical depictions of Africa, or Black men and Black women or pit Them against each other.

    That a huge load of Bullshit, and no it doesn't guarantee any of what you said. Priest didn't lace his series with "Realism" and neither did Hudlin. So there is no reason what you have said HAS to be apart of T'challa's mythos, Thats just ridiculous and a poor excuse

  6. #53901
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I asked what makes T'Challa's mythos more realistic given the fact that the person i was quoting said that prowlers mythos is less realistic. And no non of that means that the BP mythos should shoulder rape camps or stereotypical depictions of Africa, or Black men and Black women or pit Them against each other.

    That a huge load of Bullshit, and no it doesn't guarantee any of what you said. Priest didn't lace his series with "Realism" and neither did Hudlin. So there is no reason what you have said HAS to be apart of T'challa's mythos, Thats just ridiculous and a poor excuse
    I'm not saying it gurantees anything. I'm just saying it's probably more likely to happen because of the nature of the character.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •