Page 4149 of 4167 FirstFirst ... 314936494049409941394145414641474148414941504151415241534159 ... LastLast
Results 62,221 to 62,235 of 62505
  1. #62221
    Geek Strong Style Smoov-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Black Panther Legends wave is up for pre-order.


    http://www.dorksidetoys.com/marvel-legends-s/1840.htm

    I wonder how much I can get on eBay for selling a loose Namor and Tony

  2. #62222
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,731

    Default

    Chadwick Boseman crowned "Most Popular U.S. Actor in China" — black talent does sell overseas

    https://shadowandact.com/chadwick-bo...sell-overseas/

  3. #62223
    Astonishing Member UltimateTy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it looks like they will be copying the movie

    Why would T'challa still be mourning T'chaka at this point in the show?
    We need better comics

  4. #62224
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think, and let me put emphasis on think, this will be the first superhero movie where the majority if not entire main cast is black. This is going to set a precedent for future films so with that I really hope it does well. I believe it will so well with the A-list cast attached to the movie.

    And amen Amen and Amen to your last point. Let's not forget seeing black as slaves and always fighting for inclusivity. I want black people shown as kings and queens, gods and goddesses and this movie will definitely fit what I have been hoping to see for a very long time.
    I honestly believe this film will usher in a bold new era.

    We are on the same page here.

    On a funny note, Marvel Studios has a whole lotta black people on the payroll when you think about it.

    I have not seen something like this since the Spike Lee Joint film era.

  5. #62225
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    For those of you who are hopeful storm will one day make it into the Marvel films, specifically black panther's, there is hope:

    https://www.cbr.com/disney-fox-talks...FB-P&view=list

    Praises be to the bright lady, The Hadari Yao!
    If Storm joins the MCU, at least I can rest easy knowing she will be presented way better than the Fox films. Plus, I am pretty sure any romantic tension between Storm & BP on screen will be must see.

  6. #62226
    Ultimate Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,265

    Default

    They'd have to try really hard to cast a worse Storm than Halle Berry. I will always laugh at the irony of Lupita playing T'Challa's love interest when she was such a popular fancast for Storm a few years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

    Why would T'challa still be mourning T'chaka at this point in the show?
    I am betting this is gonna be a soft reboot to try and bring the show more in line with the new Spider-Man cartoon, hence the massive art style shift. I wouldn't be surprised if they flat out start ignoring the earlier seasons.

  7. #62227
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Oh I’m blowing instagram up when my theatre gets one





    To quote Rick James, “that was cold blooded”




    She is, it’s great to see her set for bigger and better things going forward





    His Shuri was on point and wasn’t about none of that postering and empty threats, his Shuri is bout dat werk
    We get legitimate black heroines on screen with zero race-bending required.

    I love that!


    One more thing.....


  8. #62228
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    24,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So it looks like they will be copying the movie
    Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, in this case .
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I am betting this is gonna be a soft reboot to try and bring the show more in line with the new Spider-Man cartoon, hence the massive art style shift. I wouldn't be surprised if they flat out start ignoring the earlier seasons.
    I'm going to laugh if Zemo is now T'Chaka's killer .

  9. #62229
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They'd have to try really hard to cast a worse Storm than Halle Berry. I will always laugh at the irony of Lupita playing T'Challa's love interest when she was such a popular fancast for Storm a few years ago.
    If you dig in the crates a bit further, the still gorgeous Angela Bassett, who was once considered a strong contender to originally play Storm, is now playing BP's & Shuri's mom.

    It is funny how things work out.

    IMO, white hair looks far more striking on Angela, than Halle.

    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-10-2017 at 02:28 PM.

  10. #62230
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Hickman wrote a great Shuri, but his T'Challa was lacking....big time.
    Hickman wrote Queen Shuri as a true BOSS.

    Unfortunately, he also gave us the beginning of the age of milquetoast T'Challa complete with oversized boxing gloves, juggling knives and much falling to the knees and piteous weeping.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  11. #62231
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I honestly believe this film will usher in a bold new era.

    We are on the same page here.

    On a funny note, Marvel Studios has a whole lotta black people on the payroll when you think about it.

    I have not seen something like this since the Spike Lee Joint film era.
    indeed it will. and I'm happy marvel is taking the lead when it comes to diversity. true diversity not one token with a cast full of white actors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If Storm joins the MCU, at least I can rest easy knowing she will be presented way better than the Fox films. Plus, I am pretty sure any romantic tension between Storm & BP on screen will be must see.
    that's what I am excited for seeing a proper storm on the big screen. and if they do work a deal and she is finally with her true love i don't see them going the dramatic route they did in the books.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-10-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    MAY ORORO AND T'CHALLA FOREVER BE!!!!!! HATERS BE GONE!

    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO! ALL HAIL DAMISA-SARKI!!!

  12. #62232
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,905

    Default

    May Bast prevent any splicing of X-fetishism into the BP movie verse.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  13. #62233
    Astonishing Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Chadwick Boseman crowned "Most Popular U.S. Actor in China" — black talent does sell overseas

    https://shadowandact.com/chadwick-bo...sell-overseas/
    So basically this means the movie is definitely going to be a slam freaking dunk overseas, Especially with what is supposed to show up in the movies

  14. #62234
    Geek Strong Style Smoov-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    May Bast prevent any splicing of X-fetishism into the BP movie verse.

    Basically, what a message to send especially since Fox opted not to take T’Challa with the F4 rights. T’Challa wasn’t worth a damn until that movie deal and now folks are on some “hey can you hook her up with a cameo and a bridge to your sequel?”


    Naw son go talk to Brian Singer and them Fox executives #thethirstisreal

  15. #62235
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Basically, what a message to send especially since Fox opted not to take T’Challa with the F4 rights. T’Challa wasn’t worth a damn until that movie deal and now folks are on some “hey can you hook her up with a cameo and a bridge to your sequel?”


    Naw son go talk to Brian Singer and them Fox executives #thethirstisreal
    Queen Nakia 4 life.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •