Page 4150 of 4167 FirstFirst ... 315036504050410041404146414741484149415041514152415341544160 ... LastLast
Results 62,236 to 62,250 of 62505
  1. #62236
    Fantastic Member Ziggiyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Wakanda
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    So it looks like they will be copying the movie

    Why would T'challa still be mourning T'chaka at this point in the show?


    If you’ve ever lost a parent then you’d now that mourning can take place even long after death

  2. #62237
    Incredible Member BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    580

    Default

    http://overpoweredentertainment.com/...black-panther/

    At long last, a critic that doesn’t dick ride Chokes and calls out his abysmal excuse of a run for the BS that it truly is. Bless this man.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  3. #62238
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    http://overpoweredentertainment.com/...black-panther/

    At long last, a critic that doesn’t dick ride Chokes and calls out his abysmal excuse of a run for the BS that it truly is. Bless this man.
    This critic is only saying what anyone who actually appreciates the BP mythos has been saying from day one about Coates bone headedly obtuse and tone deaf approach to said mythos.

    Hickman course corrected towards SWII's conclusion by having T'Challa take Wakanda back to before the first Incursion event even happened but Coates chose to wilfully ignore that I'm favour of dysfunction and rape camps.

    To me, that was pretty cut and dried from the very beginning of Coates run.

    Coates has a clearly jaundiced view of Africa as a continent to such a degree that he forgot that Wakanda is a fictional African nations that was never affected by the Transatlantic slave trade, colonialism or the draining of natural resources from Africa by the West via wholly unfair trade practices.

    To Coates, the concept of an African nations untainted by external intervention or supremacist ideologies, is an anathema as evidenced by his hav8ng T'Challa sitting down with Western despots to discuss ways of quelling dissent within Wakandan borders.

    What I've found even egregious is the number of Coates acolytes who have praised his dross to the high heavens.

    But then again, we live in strange times where proven fact (complete with supporting evidence) is described as being "fake news."
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  4. #62239
    Astonishing Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,328

    Default

    I'm cautiously optimistic that Rise of the Black Panther is a fitting title for this series Evan Narcisse is writing. I'm hopeful he turns out to be another Hudlin and break the stint of deconstruction Tchalla has been plagued with for the past years. It Also sound's like a good name of a new ongoing really to coincide with the movie

  5. #62240
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    2,439

    Default





    Naaaaaaaakiaaaaa Foreeeeeeeevvveeeeerrrrrrrr!




  6. #62241
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    "Her King's Love"

    Waitasecond.. hold up.. i think i've decoded it. Bear with me



    *major spoiler alert*



    King's Love = Nakia

    King = T'Challa

    King's Love = T'Challa's Love

    T'Challa's Love = Nakia




  7. #62242
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Even you bum ass unfans gotta appreciate what Coogler is doing with the goddess Lupita. Black girl magic. Dark chocolate beauty. Black unapologetic love!

    Admit your excitement unfans! Admit your elation and exuberance for Wakandan love! Do it now!

    muahhahahahaha

  8. #62243
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Even you bum ass unfans gotta appreciate what Coogler is doing with the goddess Lupita. Black girl magic. Dark chocolate beauty. Black unapologetic love!

    Admit your excitement unfans! Admit your elation and exuberance for Wakandan love! Do it now!

    muahhahahahaha
    Nakia = unfans bane.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  9. #62244
    Ultimate Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,265

    Default

    Invicta putting out a Black Panther watch.



  10. #62245
    Astonishing Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,328

    Default

    Forget the watch I want the BP car lol

  11. #62246
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Hickman wrote Queen Shuri as a true BOSS.

    Unfortunately, he also gave us the beginning of the age of milquetoast T'Challa complete with oversized boxing gloves, juggling knives and much falling to the knees and piteous weeping.
    NAMOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Broken spears at his feet.

    Crying in front of the homies.


    No bueno......

  12. #62247
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So basically this means the movie is definitely going to be a slam freaking dunk overseas, Especially with what is supposed to show up in the movies
    We might see rednecks (and not just the ones related to POC) enjoying this film.

  13. #62248
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggiyy View Post
    If you’ve ever lost a parent then you’d now that mourning can take place even long after death
    For real. You can go weeks after losing a parent with no problems, something brings back a memory, and you suddenly need to excuse yourself.

  14. #62249
    Astonishing Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    We might see rednecks (and not just the ones related to POC) enjoying this film.
    Well it was hinted that there would be giant robots appearing in BP, and we know how much people love big robots, here and in China. Hence why Pacific Rim and transformers do so well despite the story Being thrown out the window, now add in a James Bond espionage super hero film with advanced cities and giant robots?
    Folks gonna be like

    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

  15. #62250
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This critic is only saying what anyone who actually appreciates the BP mythos has been saying from day one about Coates bone headedly obtuse and tone deaf approach to said mythos.

    Hickman course corrected towards SWII's conclusion by having T'Challa take Wakanda back to before the first Incursion event even happened but Coates chose to wilfully ignore that I'm favour of dysfunction and rape camps.

    To me, that was pretty cut and dried from the very beginning of Coates run.

    Coates has a clearly jaundiced view of Africa as a continent to such a degree that he forgot that Wakanda is a fictional African nations that was never affected by the Transatlantic slave trade, colonialism or the draining of natural resources from Africa by the West via wholly unfair trade practices.

    To Coates, the concept of an African nations untainted by external intervention or supremacist ideologies, is an anathema as evidenced by his hav8ng T'Challa sitting down with Western despots to discuss ways of quelling dissent within Wakandan borders.

    What I've found even egregious is the number of Coates acolytes who have praised his dross to the high heavens.

    But then again, we live in strange times where proven fact (complete with supporting evidence) is described as being "fake news."
    I could not even finish Hickman's run. So I was beyond disappointed Coates found inspiration with a run that showed BP at his absolute lowest.

    Crazy how Lee & Kirby had more love for Africa back in the 1960's than some "woke" bloke in the 21st century.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •