Page 4151 of 4167 FirstFirst ... 315136514051410141414147414841494150415141524153415441554161 ... LastLast
Results 62,251 to 62,265 of 62505

Some people hated Hickmans Panther and more people loved it.
    Some thought it was weak and some thought he was overpowered.

There's a jury out there. Hickman's panther lead to the sales seen in Coats first few issues.

The true consensus is that Coats Panther. Is a failure and inept King. Complete de-masculinization of the character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well it was hinted that there would be giant robots appearing in BP, and we know how much people love big robots, here and in China. Hence why Pacific Rim and transformers do so well despite the story Being thrown out the window, now add in a James Bond espionage super hero film with advanced cities and giant robots?
    Folks gonna be like

Hey, don't lump Pacific Rim in with the Transformer crap movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

There's a jury out there. Hickman's panther lead to the sales seen in Coats first few issues.

The true consensus is that Coats Panther. Is a failure and inept King. Complete de-masculinization of the character.
    For me personally, the only part of Hickmans run that REALLY bothered me was where SHuri essentially allowed herself to be killed and T'Challa just sort of agreed to it and left. I thought that was horrible.

Everything else, I was okay with for the most part. Granted there were parts where he looked bad but really this was a story where pretty much everyone looked bad at points.

In the least, I think the fact that Hickman gave T'Challa as much spotlight as he got in a major company wide event was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

Naaaaaaaakiaaaaa Foreeeeeeeevvveeeeerrrrrrrr!

I absolutely love this!
    BLUE, The most POWERFUL woman in comics, and the most BEAUTIFUL woman in comics, The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, Queen of Prophecy, The All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural Things, Weather Witch, Ororo Komo Wakandas, Windrider, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddess be praised!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I could not even finish Hickman's run. So I was beyond disappointed Coates found inspiration with a run that showed BP at his absolute lowest.

Crazy how Lee & Kirby had more love for Africa back in the 1960's than some "woke" bloke in the 21st century.
    Lee and Kirby were on that afro-futuristic tip before the term even existed.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Hey, don't lump Pacific Rim in with the Transformer crap movies.
    Pacific Rim was big dumb fun. Transformers was just big and dumb, especially AoE. It was as though they just gave up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Lee and Kirby were on that afro-futuristic tip before the term even existed.
    Are there any of their early ideas you want to resurface? What exactly is the techno-jungle? That us a thing, right?
    BLUE, The most POWERFUL woman in comics, and the most BEAUTIFUL woman in comics, The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, Queen of Prophecy, The All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural Things, Weather Witch, Ororo Komo Wakandas, Windrider, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddess be praised!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

No way I'm throwing down money for such content.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Are there any of their early ideas you want to resurface? What exactly is the techno-jungle? That us a thing, right?
    It kinda works as BP's own Fortress of Solitude.

I loved how BP used it to beat up some bad guys as he was reclaiming Wakanda at the end of Priest's first year on the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

Naaaaaaaakiaaaaa Foreeeeeeeevvveeeeerrrrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It kinda works as BP's own Fortress of Solitude.

I loved how BP used it to beat up some bad guys as he was reclaiming Wakanda at the end of Priest's first year on the book.
    I do wish they could have made more use of the techno-jungle. It's just sort of mentioned and forgoten about. BP writers have always done a poor job of branding BP elements into the mythos the way Superman and Batman have. Stuff is just introduced, then gone like it was never there.

Now it's almost redundent as he basically uses Necropolis as his bat cave.

After being flooded with the Black Panther trailer ad nauseam at theaters...I just want the movie to come out already lol. Chadwick is a pretty good actor though I've only seen him in that Jackie Robinson biopic prior to his BP role and I've liked Michael B. Jordan since The Wire days. Michael doesn't sound as menacing as what I thought Killmonger would sound like, but I'm interested to see how he takes the role.
    Life is too short to waste on bad movies/TV/books/music.

"A lot of people have asked me why I don't use my canary cry when I'm fighting. It's my training. Everything I've learned, everything I've worked for as a martial artist...is about what you can do with your bare hands and your heart. It's like bringing a bazooka to a boxing match." - Black Canary

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    After being flooded with the Black Panther trailer ad nauseam at theaters...I just want the movie to come out already lol. Chadwick is a pretty good actor though I've only seen him in that Jackie Robinson biopic prior to his BP role and I've liked Michael B. Jordan since The Wire days. Michael doesn't sound as menacing as what I thought Killmonger would sound like, but I'm interested to see how he takes the role.
    Yeah, Jordan as Killmonger is the casting choice that's the biggest departure from the source material, at least in my head. But that's not to say I don't think he can't pull it off. It'll be interesting to see where he takes the character.

Saw the X-Men Red roster, the x-office is getting ready for some bs towards Wakanda again

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Saw the X-Men Red roster, the x-office is getting ready for some bs towards Wakanda again

Namor? Does that mean another impending flood to make Wakanda look weak again? *Sigh*