Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    No they weren't. They were never on the same side. At no point were they ever punching the same people. Coates gave them an "Out" When it was clear that they were knowingly working with terrorist by playing the rape card again, while fully ignoring the fact that everyone got would of seen the Confession Video by Stane and even before that, they likely already knew that the people were committing murder against Wakandans.
    The only time we see them in season 2 is when they're punching those big ape monsters with T'Challa and Shuri. At this point I think it's pretty obvious they're not antagonists. Anti-heroes maybe, but essentially they're all on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Vic Vega compared the MAs to Punisher, which isn't too far of a comparison.

Punisher goes outside of the system many times and often goes too far in his dealings. He too could've turned in a lot of those folks he went after and those folks would've had stiff sentences, but he often doesn't.

Punisher may even rationalize his actions from an altruistic standpoint, but his actions are what they are. Same applies to the MAs, imho.
    I don't read the punisher at all so i don't know, but From what i have gather the Punisher will kill people who he deems evil. Does he team up with KNOWN terrorists, people who would normally kill, and work with them to protect himself? Even though he also knows these people are killing innocents that he tries to protect in his own way?

Been in the basement of the convention center since 4am, been up since 2am

Looks like the line to get in for us D23 Gold members is about to start moving (con officially starts at 9am ) but us insane folks get to go in a bit early, I know exactly where to go to get my ticket for the Coogler/Boseman signing at 2pm

Trying to make this happen

Punisher goes outside of the system many times and often goes too far in his dealings. He too could've turned in a lot of those folks he went after and those folks would've had stiff sentences, but he often doesn't.

Punisher may even rationalize his actions from an altruistic standpoint, but his actions are what they are. Same applies to the MAs, imho.
    I've said this before, but if I lived in the MU my favorite super hero probably would be Punisher because he gets stuff done. No juries or prisons they will escape from in 3 weeks ... Frank makes the problems just go away. Not that I think he's necessarily right, but his way would actually make me feel safer. And I think that's the appeal of the MA. Right or wrong, they identified problems and made them go away.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They're people in suits who are protecting people and punching out bad guys. In a practical sense they are functionally heroes. They just happen to use the term beloved a lot ... but Doras tend to do that.
    The Dora Milaje are part of an elite security force tasked with the specific duty of protecting the Wakandan Royal Family and as such, they cannot be described as being "superheroes" by any stretch of the imagination unless one chooses to engage in the most obtuse form of mental gymnastics.

I suppose that US Marines who choose to take the law into their own hands as opposed to following established protocols would be seen as costumed "heroes" too?
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post

Looks like the line to get in for us D23 Gold members is about to start moving (con officially starts at 9am ) but us insane folks get to go in a bit early, I know exactly where to go to get my ticket for the Coogler/Boseman signing at 2pm

Cool update! Post some pics if you can
    Klaws of Wakanda - Princess/Queen Shuri Appreciation:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/klawsofwakanda/
    Tumblr: http://klawsofwakanda.tumblr.com/
    DeviantArt: http://klawsofwakanda.deviantart.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/klawsofwakanda

This much like the original posters assertion before it, is an exceedingly false equivalence.

Ayo and Aneka were Dora Milaje tasked with protecting the Royal Family.

The actions they eventually ended up taking, put that self same Royal Family in jeopardy so likening them to Frank Castle is a bad joke at best and an outright insult to logic to say the very least.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

See that right there is how you inspire young kids. You don't T'Challa some kids "spiderman" you make him some Kids Black Panther, because thats who he is. This sorry excuse Coates is pulling out doesn't inspire anything. i can see he wants to inspire little girls by showing the supporting cast doing everything while the title character is shown as uninspiring, buffoon who needs help from everyone, and needs to have everything spoon fed to him while he sits in the background of his own book, The title character, who is supposed to inspire young boys? Who they are supposed to be excited to read about?

Coogler gets it. This is the T'Challa we have been waiting for since Hudlin left this is the one fan deserve to see not only on the big screen but in the comics as well
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 07-14-2017 at 08:42 AM.

I don't read the punisher at all so i don't know, but From what i have gather the Punisher will kill people who he deems evil. Does he team up with KNOWN terrorists, people who would normally kill, and work with them to protect himself? Even though he also knows these people are killing innocents that he tries to protect in his own way?
    I don't know if the Punisher has ever teamed up with terrorists and I'm not trying to justify either the Punisher or the MAs' actions. I strongly question both their actions and their motives.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both the Punisher and the MAs move using the same playbook: they do what they do because they (arrogantly, imho) believe that what they've done needed to be done and was the right and only course of action to take, regardless of the consequences of their actions or the morality of said actions.

The MAs essentially felt that the criminal chieftain, Mandla, and the leadership of the Jabari Lands were scum and deserved what they got. Punisher usually feels that way about the people he "punishes".

Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is what someone who loves our great king T'Challa as much as we do sounds like: A true fan. The hour of reckoning is upon us my Wakandan brothers and sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post

Yes post pics if you can, that is awesome, I think ti would be cool to meet them T'chadwick seems like he would be such a cool guy, like he seems very humble and someone that would be easy to get along with

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This much like the original posters assertion before it, is an exceedingly false equivalence.

Ayo and Aneka were Dora Milaje tasked with protecting the Royal Family.

The actions they eventually ended up taking, put that self same Royal Family in jeopardy so likening them to Frank Castle is a bad joke at best and an outright insult to logic to say the very least.

I'm not saying the MAs were right in what they did. Ultimately, the MAs broke away from their oath as Doras and embarked in a very undisciplined and dangerous form of vigilantism. I said many times that the MAs were major hypocrites for what they did.

All I'm saying is the MAs felt what they did was right, regardless of the consequences or morality of said actions, which is similar to what the Punisher has often done.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-14-2017 at 08:46 AM.

I don't know if the Punisher has ever teamed up with terrorists and I'm not trying to justify either the Punisher or the MAs' actions. I strongly question both their actions and their motives.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both the Punisher and the MAs move using the same playbook: they do what they do because they (arrogantly, imho) believe that what they've done needed to be done and was the right and only course of action to take, regardless of the consequences of their actions or the morality of said actions.

The MAs essentially felt that the criminal chieftain, Mandla, and the leadership of the Jabari Lands were scum and deserved what they got. Punisher usually feels that way about the people he "punishes".
    I think BP being a super hero is a big part of the reason why he might be willing to give the MA a pass (in comparison to his mom who sentenced them to death). T'Challa works with vigilantes all the time. Going outside the law to save people isn't something he's unfamiliar with.

The problem though is when they also Claim that they were protecting the people, yet aligning themselves with terrorists and turning a blind eye to them killing men, women and children with suicide bombers, yet have a "Change of heart" (aka Coates gives them a BS out) when, Surprise Surprise, Rape comes up again, Then all of a sudden they know they can't team up with Tetu, never mind all the innocents who were killed. Thats the difference. They aren't anti heroes, they weren't supposed to come off sympathetic, and they got the most BS "reprimands" I have ever read in BP.

The problem though is when they also Claim that they were protecting the people, yet aligning themselves with terrorists and turning a blind eye to them killing men, women and children with suicide bombers, yet have a "Change of heart" (aka Coates gives them a BS out) when, Surprise Surprise, Rape comes up again, Then all of a sudden they know they can't team up with Tetu, never mind all the innocents who were killed. Thats the difference. They aren't anti heroes, they weren't supposed to come off sympathetic, and they got the most BS "reprimands" I have ever read in BP.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting the MA didn't do questionable things. But Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were mutant terrorists under Magneto before becoming Avengers. They were clearly antagonists in the first season, but the end game was for them to be heroes or at least anti-heroes, hence them fighting side by side with T'Challa and Shuri. At this point they pretty much all want the same thing ... to protect people.