SDCC is getting a exclusive BP Tsum Tsum

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem though is when they also Claim that they were protecting the people, yet aligning themselves with terrorists and turning a blind eye to them killing men, women and children with suicide bombers, yet have a "Change of heart" (aka Coates gives them a BS out) when, Surprise Surprise, Rape comes up again, Then all of a sudden they know they can't team up with Tetu, never mind all the innocents who were killed. Thats the difference. They aren't anti heroes, they weren't supposed to come off sympathetic, and they got the most BS "reprimands" I have ever read in BP.
    I agree. The MAs are hypocrites in my eyes. The only reason they even embarked in their path is because Ramonda wouldn't overturn Aneka's sentence. If Ramonda overturned it, they would've stayed where they were. Then when the going got tough, they contemplated committing actions they were accusing T'Challa of doing.

You, myself, and many others don't think they are heroes or even anti-heroes. Yet, the MAs got at least a notable amount of empathy from a lot of readers, due to some of their seemingly altruistic actions.

Personally, I am not a fan of Punisher's form of vigitalism, and I absolutely wouldn't want a guy like Frank Castle roaming the streets. Yet, a lot of readers at the least empathize with his actions. He obviously has a lot of fans out there.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 07-14-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    Klaws of Wakanda - Princess/Queen Shuri Appreciation:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/klawsofwakanda/
    Tumblr: http://klawsofwakanda.tumblr.com/
    DeviantArt: http://klawsofwakanda.deviantart.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/klawsofwakanda

Astonishing Member

Except its not the same. The MA killed the rapist, by going outside of the system (Which the system would of punished the chieftain severely because T'Challa don't play around) and then claimed the system was flawed when they were apart of it for one, but then they also didn't even bother to use it in the first place. Then they teamed up with known terrorist, who were killing the people the MA claimed to be protecting. And as a result they get off with a stern talking to, and their own land to govern? Bullisht.

Most other vigilantes like DD or Spidey worked they way they did because there was so much crime that could slip through the cracks, so they had to do something, or there was corruption in the government for the failure. Coates even said early on via twitter, that they MA were not supposed to come off as sympathetic but like Police officers using excessive force. Which do you know how much mayhem there would be if a police office not only used excessive force, but then when they were thrown in prison were broken out by their partner, started working with domestic terrorist or a crime ring, then before the ring was busted decided to partially turn themselves in, and in the end not only would they avoid prison again, but they get their full pension, plus a big bonus, and a summer beach house out of the deal?

Thats basically what happened for the MA
    In story the MA were called out for their beliefs.

The story makes it clear that in the outer provinces the situation was dire (and I get that many want to dispute that but that is the premise).

But the fact remains they never killed anybody who didn't have it coming somehow (rapists and kidnapper/slavers and/or those attempting to do such).

Very few Marvel vigilantes expressedly become vigilantes because corruption in New York or wherever, makes regular law enforcement impossible. I can't even think of any except for She Hulk very early on that have impossible corruption as a motivator.

They mostly do it because they CAN.

Hell, Matt Murdock believes in the system and does what he does anyway. At best, its the hero's belief that they can
    do stuff that regular Cops can't (like survive a fight with Supervillans) that drives most of them.

It doesn't help any that the only real difference between Daredevil and the Punisher is that one kills his foes and the other doesn't. They both obstruct the hell out of justice but only the dude that kills perps is considered a vigilante, because this is comics.

The MA might not be heroes but they certainly aren't villains, at absolute worst they are antiheroes. Note that their alliance with outright villains Tetu and
    Zenzi didn't last long either.

And they only allied with them in the first place to not get recaptured, and that was before Tetu and Zenzi outed themselves as bad guys instead of the aggrieved revolutionaries they claimed to be.

The MA are really god-awful at long range planning, and they may unfairly blame T'Challa for a lot of stuff, but they aren't evil by any moral standard of this genre.

And by that I mean they are no worse than the Punisher, Solo or the meaner/more crazed versions of Moon Knight that nobody has a problem with.

The MA summer home is an enclave of rescued villagers and Man-Ape hating Jabri that are grateful to the MA for getting rifd of their oppressors.

Dislodging the MA by force (they aren't going to go quietly) would only hurt those villagers (who only want to be left alone).

So BP left them there. At least they can be relied on to fight for the general defense of Wakanda as a whole (which is more than Killmonger or Man Ape would do).

If they can't be in charge, central Wakanda could burn for all they care.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 07-14-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Didn't make it in, they only had 10 spots and they went fast

The costumes are here and I got pics

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    lol @ Coogler being the Anti-Coates.

Let's make Black Panther into some 8 year old's Black Panther

Incredible

Bishop is his favorite x-man. Incredible

Wants a black superhero whose world revolves around him. Incredible

Black Excellence

Ryan Coogler

Incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    lol @ Coogler being the Anti-Coates.

Let's make Black Panther into some 8 year old's Black Panther

Incredible

Bishop is his favorite x-man. Incredible

Wants a black superhero whose world revolves around him. Incredible

Black Excellence

Ryan Coogler

Incredible
    We just need a Coogler on the Comic side and we will be golden. But i'll also be good With a Reboot of a BP animation cartoon.. Or Anime as they have a little better quality to them..

But yes Coogler is doing incredible work

We just need a Coogler on the Comic side and we will be golden. But i'll also be good With a Reboot of a BP animation cartoon.. Or Anime as they have a little better quality to them..

But yes Coogler is doing incredible work
    The comics just needs a whole reboot lol

throw it in the bushes and let's start over with the #goateegang recton

Hell, they need to throw Coogler or J.Cole a bag of cash and tell em to script a couple seasons for the comics.

But in the meantime, cartoon/anime needs to be next. BP has a great and underappreciated supporting cast that Coogler single handidly reinvigorated with life. The comics don't even matter now, it's about pumping out this goateegang BP and crew to the public via all the other media outlets... the world knows about static shock, john stewart and the x-men via the cartoons largely and then movies, so let's give Queen 007 Nakia, Creedmonger and the rest that same exposure!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This much like the original posters assertion before it, is an exceedingly false equivalence.

Ayo and Aneka were Dora Milaje tasked with protecting the Royal Family.

The actions they eventually ended up taking, put that self same Royal Family in jeopardy so likening them to Frank Castle is a bad joke at best and an outright insult to logic to say the very least.

See that right there is how you inspire young kids. You don't T'Challa some kids "spiderman" you make him some Kids Black Panther, because thats who he is. This sorry excuse Coates is pulling out doesn't inspire anything. i can see he wants to inspire little girls by showing the supporting cast doing everything while the title character is shown as uninspiring, buffoon who needs help from everyone, and needs to have everything spoon fed to him while he sits in the background of his own book, The title character, who is supposed to inspire young boys? Who they are supposed to be excited to read about?

Coogler gets it. This is the T'Challa we have been waiting for since Hudlin left this is the one fan deserve to see not only on the big screen but in the comics as well

Can't be better said

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    The comics just needs a whole reboot lol

throw it in the bushes and let's start over with the #goateegang recton

Hell, they need to throw Coogler or J.Cole a bag of cash and tell em to script a couple seasons for the comics.

But in the meantime, cartoon/anime needs to be next. BP has a great and underappreciated supporting cast that Coogler single handidly reinvigorated with life. The comics don't even matter now, it's about pumping out this goateegang BP and crew to the public via all the other media outlets... the world knows about static shock, john stewart and the x-men via the cartoons largely and then movies, so let's give Queen 007 Nakia, Creedmonger and the rest that same exposure!
    Im down for that. Honestly the whole MU probably could use a reset. But T'Challa needs to get that infinity gauntlet or use Solomons Frogs and erase everything piece of garbage crap that has happened Post Hudlin

At this point, I'm wondering what possessed Coates to come with the combined wackness of three substandard BP titles with the looming spectre of Ryan Coogler's Black Panther tour de force on the horizon?

It must suck to have two titles cancelled out from under you just as the solo book you're writing becomes ever more irrelevant with each issue that drops.

The age of the unfan is rapidly drawing to an end.

Praise Bast.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I'm not saying the MAs were right in what they did. Ultimately, the MAs broke away from their oath as Doras and embarked in a very undisciplined and dangerous form of vigilantism. I said many times that the MAs were major hypocrites for what they did.

All I'm saying is the MAs felt what they did was right, regardless of the consequences or morality of said actions, which is similar to what the Punisher has often done.
    I hear what you're saying my brother but here's the thing.

For all the noise to the contrary Coates has made so far as regards his Midnight Angels being akin to bad cops, he's still writing them without any consequences for the rebellion they were a part of against or even the war crimes they committed by teaming up with Tetu and Zenzi.

There's ZERO reason for Coates to have them taking up valuable panel space from T'Challa as they spout all manner of X-related bad dialogue.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    In story the MA were called out for their beliefs.

The story makes it clear that in the outer provinces the situation was dire (and I get that many want to dispute that but that is the premise).

But the fact remains they never killed anybody who didn't have it coming somehow (rapists and kidnapper/slavers and/or those attempting to do such).

Very few Marvel vigilantes expressedly become vigilantes because corruption in New York or wherever, makes regular law enforcement impossible. I can't even think of any except for She Hulk very early on that have impossible corruption as a motivator.

They mostly do it because they CAN.

Hell, Matt Murdock believes in the system and does what he does anyway. At best, its the hero's belief that they can
    do stuff that regular Cops can't (like survive a fight with Supervillans) that drives most of them.

It doesn't help any that the only real difference between Daredevil and the Punisher is that one kills his foes and the other doesn't. They both obstruct the hell out of justice but only the dude that kills perps is considered a vigilante, because this is comics.

The MA might not be heroes but they certainly aren't villains, at absolute worst they are antiheroes. Note that their alliance with outright villains Tetu and
    Zenzi didn't last long either.

And they only allied with them in the first place to not get recaptured, and that was before Tetu and Zenzi outed themselves as bad guys instead of the aggrieved revolutionaries they claimed to be.

The MA are really god-awful at long range planning, and they may unfairly blame T'Challa for a lot of stuff, but they aren't evil by any moral standard of this genre.

And by that I mean they are no worse than the Punisher, Solo or the meaner/more crazed versions of Moon Knight that nobody has a problem with.

The MA summer home is an enclave of rescued villagers and Man-Ape hating Jabri that are grateful to the MA for getting rifd of their oppressors.

Dislodging the MA by force (they aren't going to go quietly) would only hurt those villagers (who only want to be left alone).

So BP left them there. At least they can be relied on to fight for the general defense of Wakanda as a whole (which is more than Killmonger or Man Ape would do).

If they can't be in charge, central Wakanda could burn for all they care.
    That's sort of the funny thing about the MA. Though they were antagonists in the first season of the book, it it were to take place in any other book no one would be questioning whether or not they were anti-heroes. People would probably still question how smart they are, but not whether they are good or evil because vigilantes are a part if the genre. BP is one of the few book where it can be frowned upon because he represents the law. In most cases going outside the law to protect people is pretty much status quo.
    Last edited by XPac; 07-14-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Im down for that. Honestly the whole MU probably could use a reset. But T'Challa needs to get that infinity gauntlet or use Solomons Frogs and erase everything piece of garbage crap that has happened Post Hudlin
    Along with half the crap that happened during Hudlin.
    All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post

I can dig it, I still think the cheeks need that silver lining though.

Kinda reminds me of the SWaD mask