Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He had his agenda going in regardless of what happened. Wakanda and T'Challa were going to be fundamentally changed no matter what.
    Coates has basically debased the entire BP mythos as well as shat upon the legacy of writers such as Priest, Hudlin, McDuffy, Liss, McGregor's, Lee and Kirby who all brought something special to the mythos.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Mario Di Giacomo Beware Of Geek's Avatar

What's the point of having an editor if characters are written ooc and previous continuity is ignored. The writers just do what they want.
    I believe the primary function of editors nowadays is to complain about fans...
    Mario Di Giacomo

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    This does indeed, seem to be the case and has been for some time now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Agreed. Give either of those guys the Hickman NA/SWII alley-oop + MCU CW debut + solo movie announcement + years without a solo... and you have a great recipe for success. That those guys both did around 40k+ for year 1 has always been a testament to the potential of the character
    Also when I think about how much promotion Coates did for his BP books compared to like Hudlin or even Priest. I mean he promoted his BP run either as much as or more than Geoff Johns promoted REbirth for DC.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6gz4pb...nded-interview

There is also an appearance he made on Seth myers show but talkking about the comic when it was 1st coming out. I mean the 1st time I ws actually aware tht he was writing BP was from an NPR interview.

BANNED

Oh lawd gonna hafta start photoscanning this thread for movie stuff u mofo lol

Is number 12 this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    This does indeed, seem to be the case and has been for some time now.
    Which is why I believe that they do lurk in these threads and read the comments.

How many letters on the BP letter's page have we seen criticizing Coates story? Few if any. But they know that the criticism is out there.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh lawd gonna hafta start photoscanning this thread for movie stuff u mofo lol

Is number 12 this week?
    It is, come what may. lol

Ultimate Member

Yeah, whatever people think of him, he was a continuity buff. He wouldn't let half the crap being put out now get through.
    Him and Mark Gruenwald did a lot to make the Marvel universe seem cohesive. I'm not sure it's even possible these days with Marvel's publishing model.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Him and Mark Gruenwald did a lot to make the Marvel universe seem cohesive. I'm not sure it's even possible these days with Marvel's publishing model.
    I agree, I don't think Marvel could do it with the current heads in charge. And to be fair, DC is the same. There has to be someone there who is committed and willing and has the power to be the gatekeeper.

BANNED

He had his agenda going in regardless of what happened. Wakanda and T'Challa were going to be fundamentally changed no matter what.
    If he had an editor who cared, he would of told him to knock that sh*t off because that's not how you treat a rising star or his mythos

Ultimate Member

Because they expect fans to accept CRAP and for many books, recent events and some ongoing events that will not get named-they are proved right. Folks cry and still toss out money as long as it's nonPOC in the leads.

What worked for (blank) franchise doesn't cut it around here. Because many here are concerned about what is getting put out.

It's not all about sales but what is being put in that book. Because you don't know whose first experience with BP will be. It can be Priest's run or this run.

Also editors have to look at this as not complaints from folks who NEVER read the books like Moon Girl and any books with Duke Thomas KEEP getting.

We have all read the book and are being NICE about our comments. Imagine Coates doing this to the X-Men. Especially during that cloud & Inhumans mess. You though you saw some mad X-Men fans.

They are NOT going to be civil.

We are not complaining to complain. We are warning Marvel that you have to make sure Coates RESPECTS what has come before and work out a way to make it work-even at the expense of his agenda.

Because like it or not you can give him credit for promoting the book on his own. However another guy did that same self promotion and deconstructed that franchise. Funny what he did mirrors what Coates is doing. However he only got 6 issues.

spoilers:

Static-look at how that was done and doesn't it mirror this?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Also when I think about how much promotion Coates did for his BP books compared to like Hudlin or even Priest. I mean he promoted his BP run either as much as or more than Geoff Johns promoted REbirth for DC.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6gz4pb...nded-interview

There is also an appearance he made on Seth myers show but talkking about the comic when it was 1st coming out. I mean the 1st time I ws actually aware tht he was writing BP was from an NPR interview.
    What's Interesting is in the YouTube video he says T'Challa is basically a nerds dream character, and he is African and that's radical.... So his First thought is to completely shit all over the mythos, breaking down T'Challa to show him as a failure who Looks to dictators for help, mopes While his country needs him, and needs the help of a ton of cast members to do anything? And really they do all the work in Truth?.. What a hack

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because they expect fans to accept CRAP and for many books, recent events and some ongoing events that will not get named-they are proved right. Folks cry and still toss out money as long as it's nonPOC in the leads.

What worked for (blank) franchise doesn't cut it around here. Because many here are concerned about what is getting put out.

It's not all about sales but what is being put in that book. Because you don't know whose first experience with BP will be. It can be Priest's run or this run.

Also editors have to look at this as not complaints from folks who NEVER read the books like Moon Girl and any books with Duke Thomas KEEP getting.

We have all read the book and are being NICE about our comments. Imagine Coates doing this to the X-Men. Especially during that cloud & Inhumans mess. You though you saw some mad X-Men fans.

We are not complaining to complain. We are warning Marvel that you have to make sure Coates RESPECTS what has come before and work out a way to make it work-even at the expense of his agenda.

Because like it or not you can give him credit for promoting the book on his own. However another guy did that same self promotion and deconstructed that franchise. Funny what he did mirrors what Coates is doing. However he only got 6 issues.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Good points in this post.

Which is why I believe that they do lurk in these threads and read the comments.

How many letters on the BP letter's page have we seen criticizing Coates story? Few if any. But they know that the criticism is out there.
    To date, there have been no letters critical of Coates story published in the book which should tell you all one needs to know about his fragile ego than anything else.

Priest's, Hudlin and Liss had no problem publishing critical letters when they were writing their runs.

But I guess that's the difference between actual writers and neophytes to an industry they neither fully appreciate or understand.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    I love this post.