Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Of course, he is aware.

If there was a website called Huthaifa Is A Jerk.com, I would check it out. Basically, that what most of these sites and threads are.

It's why the quickest way not to be taken seriously is to do personal attacks like questioning someone's blackness or relationship with their father.

Skyvolt said something about the X boards, and they are so over the top, many do not take them serious.

I can't think of a writer other than Morrison,Whedon, and Claremont get mostly positive reviews.

That's like 3 guys in 20 years.?
    That's all nice and cute, but the question was whether he was aware of criticism for BP/Wakanda's depiction, specifically, (as opposed to poor pacing/dialogue/etc) and his thoughts. Not whether he was aware of opinions that Coates is a douchebag or a bastard.

The latter two things are outside the scope of my interest... and the paternal one -you lost me there but i imagine some down in the gutter digressions took place here or somewhere-

Don't need stuff like that here.. nor the vagabonds who come in this thread to troll the long-term fans by ignoring any constructive criticism to spew ad hominems about how said fans are just _____.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    To Coates' credit, he has interacted pretty well (all things considered) on twitter and in person with fans that either have issues with his run or don't like it.

He has also retweeted reviews that were critical of his run, on more than one occasion.

Whether or not he makes adjustments remains to be seen via season 2, but like Stelfreeze, it's safe to say that Coates is well aware of the criticisms of this current run.
    If he's a political writer of any sort I'm sure he's used to criticism and people disagreeing with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If he's a political writer of any sort I'm sure he's used to criticism and people disagreeing with him.
    He said comic fans were worse /more passionate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    bigger question is does he actually care?
    Donny: He's right.

*April nods*

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Stelfreeze may care but he's not the one writing this story.
    Donny: He's right

*April nods again*

True, I guess if Coates is set on destruction then he can't do much except try and draw something that looks a little more flattering to T'Challa and Wakanda. Really a shame that there isn't more of a partnership
    Donny: They're both right

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If I were them I wouldn't bother coming anywhere near the internet lol

Mosaic creator goes into an X thread talking about how his powers work... there were fans saying they know better and were correcting him.

Dan Slott goes into a Spider-Man thread making multiple posts about OML never being reversed adn the very next post is, "well if Marvel wanted to they would if this happened" ect

I read one negative review out of like 100 about my business and I felt sick to my stomach for 24 hours lol. So... yeah... F that shit.
    People's sense of entitlement is scary.

Yes, customers are why the doors stay open, but some customers expect you to start tap dancing and grinning like Sambo.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    That's all nice and cute, but the question was whether he was aware of criticism for BP/Wakanda's depiction, specifically, (as opposed to poor pacing/dialogue/etc) and his thoughts. Not whether he was aware of opinions that Coates is a douchebag or a bastard.

The latter two things are outside the scope of my interest... and the paternal one -you lost me there but i imagine some down in the gutter digressions took place here or somewhere-

Don't need stuff like that here.. nor the vagabonds who come in this thread to troll the long-term fans by ignoring any constructive criticism to spew ad hominems about how said fans are just _____.
    The question was answered. Why would you think he wouldn't be aware of criticisms of his work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Hahaha!

It's good to laugh in the face of adversity.
    Can't be dealing with the unfans without the occasional break in action lol

The question was answered. Why would you think he wouldn't be aware of criticisms of his work?
    I didn't ask you, I asked Smoov who had a 1on1 convo with him.

Veteran Member

I didn't ask you, I asked Smoov who had a 1on1 convo with him.
    OK. I didn't know.

Just commenting on a public thread. Like we all do.

OK. I didn't know.

Just commenting on a public thread. Like we all do.
    No worries, now you do

Sometimes when the source material is overlooked (smoov's post) a friendly reminder can help reestablish context to the public comments. Or else we'd be digressing about superficial melanin rankings and how mean the internet is. Not that those are bad topics.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Thing is though, he seems like a pretty smart guy, but he has got to see how what he is portraying in Wakanda and the by mythos (stereotypical Africa) is super damaging to and really painting negativity on what should be a beacon of what could be, black excellence, that he is stomping all over with rapes misogyny, a inept king needing help to do anything, and Black men vs Black women.

Staining the mythos with realism and breaking continuity he was so set on sticking to in order to tell his story. So the question is, had he taken that into consideration and does he care how bad this looks? And are we gonna see more of this in season two or is he going to actually try and elevate T'Challa now tht he took him several pegs lower then Mayberrys did?

Or does he think this is fine? The title character being relagated to a supporting character in his own book and constantly moping and making stupid mistakes and constantly saying how much he is a scientist over all yet uses other characters tech? Is this what he thinks some kid wants to inspire too

"Wow comic book Black Panther is so cool! He lost his kingdom and moped while two of his Royal guards commited murder while spouting no one man, he got outsmarted by despots and God knows why he even went to them for help or his hz captain suggested then since Wakandans are xenophobic and definitely would Never ask for outside help. And in the end everyone won the battles for him while he let this guy give a speech about no one Man... "

How inspiring

Thing is though, he seems like a pretty smart guy, but he has got to see how what he is portraying in Wakanda and the by mythos (stereotypical Africa) is super damaging to and really painting negativity on what should be a beacon of what could be, black excellence, that he is stomping all over with rapes misogyny, a inept king needing help to do anything, and Black men vs Black women.

Staining the mythos with realism and breaking continuity he was so set on sticking to in order to tell his story. So the question is, had he taken that into consideration and does he care how bad this looks? And are we gonna see more of this in season two or is he going to actually try and elevate T'Challa now tht he took him several pegs lower then Mayberrys did?

Or does he think this is fine? The title character being relagated to a supporting character in his own book and constantly moping and making stupid mistakes and constantly saying how much he is a scientist over all yet uses other characters tech? Is this what he thinks some kid wants to inspire too

"Wow comic book Black Panther is so cool! He lost his kingdom and moped while two of his Royal guards commited murder while spouting no one man, he got outsmarted by despots and God knows why he even went to them for help or his hz captain suggested then since Wakandans are xenophobic and definitely would Never ask for outside help. And in the end everyone won the battles for him while he let this guy give a speech about no one Man... "

How inspiring
    He referred to Priest and Hudlin's run as black male fantasy wish-fulfillment.
    And said his own story isn't one you tell to elevate a character.
    Sounds inspiring to me.

He referred to Priest and Hudlin's run as black male fantasy wish-fulfillment.
    And said his own story isn't one you tell to elevate a character.
    Sounds inspiring to me.

But according to some posters, Coates run is a much needed breath of fresh air.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Whats the point of writing an ongoing then if you are not interested in elevating main character of that ongoing.

BANNED

If you guys want a laugh for the mornin...

http://www.cbr.com/15-best-hand-to-h...-in-the-mcu/5/

CBR's "Best 15 H2H Fighters in the MCU"

Here is the list...

15. DD
    14. Trish Walker (hahahahhahahaahahahahaha)
    13. Punisher (pretty sure DD whooped his ass H2H)
    12. Wasp
    11. Hawkeye
    10. Elektra
    9. Gamora
    8. Drax
    7. Mordo (????)
    6. Ancient One
    5. Stick
    4. Widow
    3. T'challa
    2. Bucky

1. Captain America

shhhhhh, it will be ok Bucky... he isn't hiding in the shadows anymore. shhhhhhhhhh go to sleep