Page 3695 of 3695 FirstFirst ... 2695319535953645368536913692369336943695
Results 55,411 to 55,422 of 55422

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I for one will say that the X-office has been doing this sort of stuff to this black female character for decades, showing her to be kind of "loose" with her affections and just kissing anybody, really.
    Uh, this is kind of harsh don't you think? She's no more "loose" than any other male character who humps anything that lets them. I mean, most of her relationships have been monogamous.

Astonishing Member

Eh the X-Men have been pretty incestuous for ages.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    The X-Office is petty af. They're straight up acting like toddlers. They ignore a toy and mistreat until someone else wants to play with it and all of a sudden it's been their "favourite" all along. I wonder if Coates is aware that they're going out of their way to diminish his character development.

PREVIEW PAGE
    PREVIEW PAGE
    PREVIEW PAGE incoming

Courtesy of Coates twitter.

T'challa's like this:

Pull List:

Dark Horse: Aliens: Defiance
    Marvel: Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rogers, The Ultimates 2, Black Panther, Secret Empire, Black Panther and the Crew, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Defenders.

When he should be like this:

Pull List:

Marvel: Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rogers, The Ultimates 2, Black Panther, Secret Empire, Black Panther and the Crew, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Defenders.

I'm just playing. Mostly.

I'm not a fan of the derogatory terms used in the song, but the sentiment overall fits.

Regardless, this isn't an avenue I really want to explore again. The way Marvel and *many* Storm fans handled it before made this completely toxic for me.
    Last edited by Things Fall Apart; Today at 05:08 AM.
    Pull List:

Right now, there is nothing positive for T'Challa to get out of the relationship, Storm isn't bringing anything to the mythos, even when she shows up, sales are still slumped, X office just pulls some bullshit, then T'Challa looking thirsty giving googly eyes to Storm.

Let T'Challa rise unshackled by the past and move forward. Its time for a new LI, rather then always coming back to storm which already proved toxic once before, and given what X office is doing, they will always continue to do the same shit so why do it again and expect different results?

Amazing Member

I for one will say that the X-office has been doing this sort of stuff to this black female character for decades, showing her to be kind of "loose" with her affections and just kissing anybody, really. The fact that they are continuing to do this to this black female character is not lost on me. Also, some of the same people in the X-Office right now are also executive producers of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" on the CW Network, a show on which Vixen, another black woman, has been kinda been spreading her affections around (but not with black characters on the show, of course, because the executive producers don't want to show us that).

The X-Office's behavior doesn't surprise me. They're up to their old tricks because they don't want to show you Storm with a black man...they'll show you Storm flirting and kissing ANYONE except a black man. Hell, I remember a few years ago in one X-Men issue they showed her flirting with Rocket Raccoon. Yep, a RACCOON.

The X-Office is predictable. Whenever Storm even so much LOOKS at a black man, they need to immediately counter that imagery with their own imagery showing her shoving her tongue down a non-black man's throat.
    No lies detected.

I for one will say that the X-office has been doing this sort of stuff to this black female character for decades, showing her to be kind of "loose" with her affections and just kissing anybody, really. The fact that they are continuing to do this to this black female character is not lost on me. Also, some of the same people in the X-Office right now are also executive producers of "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" on the CW Network, a show on which Vixen, another black woman, has been kinda been spreading her affections around (but not with black characters on the show, of course, because the executive producers don't want to show us that).

The X-Office's behavior doesn't surprise me. They're up to their old tricks because they don't want to show you Storm with a black man...they'll show you Storm flirting and kissing ANYONE except a black man. Hell, I remember a few years ago in one X-Men issue they showed her flirting with Rocket Raccoon. Yep, a RACCOON.

The X-Office is predictable. Whenever Storm even so much LOOKS at a black man, they need to immediately counter that imagery with their own imagery showing her shoving her tongue down a non-black man's throat.

The X-Men has always been bogus when it comes to black characters period. They've liberally stolen from actual Black American historical experience then grafted that experience to mostly white characters. They had the nerve to have Kitty Pryde toss the n-word, that is the only word in the English language that means "My ancestors owned your ancestors, and I should own you", at a black character for using the made up word "mutie", as if that had some sort of parity. They also had Cyclops try to lecture Bishop on oppression. Just wait, I bet they are chomping at the bit to do a BLM inspired story staring one of the Stepford Cuckoos that people will say is "Oh so poignant, oh so topical".

Hard pass on that franchise.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Right now, there is nothing positive for T'Challa to get out of the relationship, Storm isn't bringing anything to the mythos, even when she shows up, sales are still slumped, X office just pulls some bullshit, then T'Challa looking thirsty giving googly eyes to Storm.

Let T'Challa rise unshackled by the past and move forward. Its time for a new LI, rather then always coming back to storm which already proved toxic once before, and given what X office is doing, they will always continue to do the same shit so why do it again and expect different results?
    If the idea were for Storm and T'Challa to get married again I would agree with you. But if the idea is for Storm to just show up and interact with T'Challa, I don't see the harm. Like it or not she is obviously a big part of his history, and I do think even now the relationship has it's share of fans. IMO at least Coates seems to be writing them pretty well (obviously that's subjective).

Comic artist JJ Kirby posted this

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Eh the X-Men have been pretty incestuous for ages.

Yeah, I remember when Hudlin pointed that out during his run

And his run is generally met with scorn and hate.....I wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Yeah, I remember when Hudlin pointed that out during his run

And his run is generally met with scorn and hate.....I wonder why
    Yeah, there was always little bit of back and forth trolling between the X books and Hudlins BP books really going all the way back to their initial cross over. In hindsight marvel shouldn't be that shocked that a certain level of animonsity seemed to exist between the fan bases. They at least fanned the flames if they didn't outright ignite it.