1. #53656
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This has literally happened. There's a least a couple stories built around the fact that Batman spies on his teammates and his contingency plans have gone horribly wrong. Few of his hardcore fans admit that he's a control freak even when it's pointed out on page.
    You should see the reactions when that crossover with the Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz green lanterns happened. Heaven help any character who dares to step to the almiBatgod

  2. #53657
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    *Every X-man fan on here* "Did I mention how I don't see Ororo as being black lol. To me she's just a mutant, not like "those" people you know. I'm not going to say who because I'd get called a "racist" but you know who. I'm so progressive and I refuse to read any X-man social justice centred books unless most of the characters featured are white, otherwise, it would just be forced and I'd have to send the creator's death threats and harassment. I'd rather Storm be a part of a random white characters harem than being with those so called black character like Blade, Cage and T'challa or even Rhodey. They're all so aggressive and scary, you know. They're also all kinda scary amitrite? The only super they are is SUPER abusive. They aren't worthy of her."

    I read the Death of Wolverine and Ororo during that time was literally a walking talking Mammy trope for Logan when she wasn't his fucktoy. When she wasn't on panel she was only referenced to having sex purely as a "gotcha" to T'challa and an "I literally didn't care about you romantically until Jean was dead" moment and guess who Logan thought about in his final moments, it wasn't Ororo that's for sure. The fact that anybody would want that for their "favourite" female character is beyond me. Even Harley Quinn fans would have a problem with that treatment but whatever I guess Harley doesn't need saving from big scary black men that their "fans" have trouble projecting onto.
    Thank you. This was all i was trying to say to storm kid and those blinded by a 25 year old fox cartoon show that gave Jubilee more spotlight and Halle Barry sayin something corny about a toad and lightning 17 years ago.

    That's the reality of Storm. Her claim to fame in 2017 is CBR popularity contests.. and even then, she don't want no problems with the Cyclops CBR brigade, no sir!!

    But yet, have them tell it and she's the one who is above the likes of Luke Cage, Blade and T'Challa. Have them tell it, and she's still B list.

    Well what's that thing the black girls say? "I need receipts!!!"

  3. #53658
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    *Every X-man fan on here* "Did I mention how I don't see Ororo as being black lol. To me she's just a mutant, not like "those" people you know. I'm not going to say who because I'd get called a "racist" but you know who. I'm so progressive and I refuse to read any X-man social justice centred books unless most of the characters featured are white, otherwise, it would just be forced and I'd have to send the creator's death threats and harassment. I'd rather Storm be a part of a random white characters harem than being with those so called black character like Blade, Cage and T'challa or even Rhodey. They're all so aggressive and scary, you know. They're also all kinda scary amitrite? The only super they are is SUPER abusive. They aren't worthy of her."

    I read the Death of Wolverine and Ororo during that time was literally a walking talking Mammy trope for Logan when she wasn't his fucktoy. When she wasn't on panel she was only referenced to having sex purely as a "gotcha" to T'challa and an "I literally didn't care about you romantically until Jean was dead" moment and guess who Logan thought about in his final moments, it wasn't Ororo that's for sure. The fact that anybody would want that for their "favourite" female character is beyond me. Even Harley Quinn fans would have a problem with that treatment but whatever I guess Harley doesn't need saving from big scary black men that their "fans" have trouble projecting onto.
    I agree, I couldn't stand Jason Aaron for putting Storm with Wolverine in Wolverine and the X Men. Immediately after they broke her and BP up, not even 6 months or a year. They amount of women Wolverine has had and they just added Storm to the list. She's basically a pass around chick for the writers to stick with anyone. BP hasn't even been in a relationship since they broke up. Storm has never been written as a good character because the writers do nothing with her. She had more character in BP then she's had or currently has as of now. She's now even taking orders from Kitty Pryde in X Men Gold.

  4. #53659
    Astonishing Member Rumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Haha
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I have to take my hat off to Ezyo1000 and your good self.

    Both of you clearly illustrate the difference between actual BP enthusiasts and heads who actually as if their interest and appreciation is genuine only to find that said readers always without fail choose to champion milquetoast depictions of T'Challa and a failed state Wakanda.
    Thank you sir. I'm just genuinely curious why a dysfunctional safe negro is more appealing than the T'Challa we saw in Civil War and the Priest-based T'Challa we are getting in February 2018

    I mean granted, with how sales plummetted, the wheels are falling off, just like we predicted would happen.. but that's another discussion.

    I'm just saying, sure, we could neglect brain cells and argue over and over about why this interpretation could work (i.e. "joining the avengers to learn from them white folks") but the more interesting question is why would you champion that? hmmm Or rather, why would you be upset at T'Challa saving the universe using the infinity stone because it throws off the negative story Coates wanted to tell?

    Wouldn't you rather have T'Challa save the universe and get the glory? Are we fans of the character or nah

    But that was a quote a few months ago from a renowned unfan: "as great of a moment as it was for t'challa to use that infinity stone...."

    That's like me saying "As impressive of a T'Challa as T'Chadwick is... it ruins the whole dysfunctional safe negro persona expressed in the comics.."

  5. #53660
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    6,552

    Default

    Excellent posts today peeps.

    Just want to through this question out there. What exactly did T'Challa learn from the Avengers? If Wakanda is the most advanced nation on Earth, shouldn't they be learning from him?

    Amandla.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

  6. #53661
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Excellent posts today peeps.

    Just want to through this question out there. What exactly did T'Challa learn from the Avengers? If Wakanda is the most advanced nation on Earth, shouldn't they be learning from him?

    Amandla.
    We can probably assume they did learn a thing or two from T'Challa. Him, Stark, Pym, and Beast are 4 of the 10 smartest people on the planet. They probably learned a lot from each other because each are probably better at certain things than others.

  7. #53662
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Excellent posts today peeps.

    Just want to through this question out there. What exactly did T'Challa learn from the Avengers? If Wakanda is the most advanced nation on Earth, shouldn't they be learning from him?

    Amandla.
    My brother from another mother just posed the million Dollar question. Lol!
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  8. #53663
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    6,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We can probably assume they did learn a thing or two from T'Challa. Him, Stark, Pym, and Beast are 4 of the 10 smartest people on the planet. They probably learned a lot from each other because each are probably better at certain things than others.
    Never assume.

    But we did learn that Tony thinks he's smarter. Geoff Johns did an excellent job of showcasing all of T'Challa's abilities to the Avenger in Avengers:Red Zone. It's a shame it took so long for that to happen.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

  9. #53664
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    6,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My brother from another mother just posed the million Dollar question. Lol!
    I just thought it funny that he would join them if he wanted to learn when his nation is so advance. Hanging with the FF would have been more conducive to learning. I would have loved to have read an early story where the FF with T'Challa as a member have a first encounter with Doom.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

  10. #53665
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I just thought it funny that he would join them if he wanted to learn when his nation is so advance. Hanging with the FF would have been more conducive to learning. I would have loved to have read an early story where the FF with T'Challa as a member have a first encounter with Doom.
    It's funny how some feel so threatened by a fully realised T'Challa.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  11. #53666
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Never assume.

    But we did learn that Tony thinks he's smarter. Geoff Johns did an excellent job of showcasing all of T'Challa's abilities to the Avenger in Avengers:Red Zone. It's a shame it took so long for that to happen.
    If you want specifics, Stark did redesign all the new Quinjets so he likely learned a lot about them from the original design. But yeah, I don't recall anything else specific.

    As far as who is smarter, marvel did put a list awhile back. But regardless of ranking I'm sure they all have a lot to offer each other since they all have specialties.

  12. #53667
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Excellent posts today peeps.

    Just want to through this question out there. What exactly did T'Challa learn from the Avengers? If Wakanda is the most advanced nation on Earth, shouldn't they be learning from him?


    Amandla.
    Off the top of my head re: the time of first term of membership...

    The existence of the Kree, Time Travel, visited at least 2 parallel worlds, got to work with/on the only working Android in the Marvel
    Universe (before they became as common as dirt) and there's a visit to either Asgard or Olympus in there (I forgot which).

    And none of that stuff counts all the confusing Kang/Celestial Madonna stuff I'm not gonna bother specifying cuz I can't remember it all.

    He wouldn't of had those adventures or ever even have found out about any of that stuff had he remained home, spy network or no.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 05-18-2017 at 02:56 PM.

  13. #53668
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I just thought it funny that he would join them if he wanted to learn when his nation is so advance. Hanging with the FF would have been more conducive to learning. I would have loved to have read an early story where the FF with T'Challa as a member have a first encounter with Doom.
    You can argue hanging with Reed might be better (though Statk, Pym, and Beast are nothing to sneeze at). But if he's doing this under the cover of spying on super hero teams the Avengers are likely the easier sell. FF are already allies.

  14. #53669
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yup, I don't see why storm kid and that other guy are lying to themselves.

    By their same criteria, Jubilee is B-list as well.

    In truth, Jubilee had a bigger focus in the x-men cartoon than storm and ppl were more excited to see her in the last x-men movie. storm is just a background character who ppl only remember from being married to BP, which was a blessing given to her by the honorable Reginald Hudlin.
    Jubilee had a cartoon show, comics series and solo all about her. She was Harley before Harley and if not for movie right issues-who knows where she might be now.

    Storm's issue like Cyborg has been they are just there. Unlike Falcon-who before Nick Spencer was always used for something and even got solo stories for him be it in Avengers or Marvel Presents. So you got variety with him.

    The other two are forever overshadowed by writer favorites. You can't get decent development when you share page time with Dick Grayson, Wally West, Raven & Donna Troy. Nor Wolverine, Cyclops and others who dominate stories.

    Hudlin tried to show Storm beyond that and much like we have seen-trying to show a strong black woman or man gets you backlash.

    Folks praise Coates because they were given a weak black male that supports whatever narratives that they want.

    When you look at the characters who bathe in the water of haters, trolls and so on-they can all stand on their own or projected as doing such.

    John Stewart
    Static
    Black Panther
    Miles Morales
    Duke Thomas
    Mosaic
    Eli Bradley

    Falcon, Night Thrasher, Synch & Cyborg seem to avoid it.

  15. #53670
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    270

    Default

    You don't have to be dumber than someone in order to learn something from them. You can learn a lot from anyone.

    Even in Priest's Panther, he was interested in learning from Nightshade.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •