Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    So because I know that Italy exists, I can learn nothing from going there?

That is what you are arguing now.
    No, I just don't need to ride with you to Italy to learn about it.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That my friend is the issue. The could he learn from the Avengers? Sure. Did he need the Avengers to learn anything? No. So does he have anulterior motive for joining? Yes. To spy on a group of superhumans that have set themselves as Earth's protectors.
    Exactly, Priest Version is some badass King shit, and sends the message, Tchalla don't play around. Coates version is weak ass I don't want responsibility and these folks can teach me because I'm curious because I'm a scientist at heart (Instead of a warrior king super hero scientist) Tchalla isn't Reed. He is his own scheming planning badass that keeps up with Reed intellectually, Tony technologically Nd Cap physically with ease. No matter what unfans and their leader Coates tries to pull.
    Good thing MCU is being true with Ryan and t'chadwick channeling the REAL T'Challa

Astonishing Member

No, I just don't need to ride with you to Italy to learn about it.
    He wouldn't have had a reason to do any that stuff if wasn't an Avenger.

At best he'd of done some of it years later.

And now we are in "What If" territory.

T'Challa studied in Western universities before becoming king. He didn't need to join the Avengers to do that. So we can't say that he wouldn't have any reason to venture out if it weren't for the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    T'Challa doesn't have to be any sort of boob to realize he can learn a great deal from the Avengers. Again, during his confrontation with Nightshade he expressed interest in learning from her, and she's not even as highly a rated an intellect as several of the Avengers T'Challa ended up working with.

Again, despite being from an advanced nation he's not arrogant enough to believe he doesn't have anything to learn from Nightshade, or the Avengers for that matter. Just as there are things T'Challa may likely have greater expertise in, so there are things guys like Pym and Beast and Stark may have greater expertise in as well.
    Sure, he can learn from the Avengers. But that wasn't his reason for joining. He joined to spy on them.

I can't understand why some of you are wasting time debating over a subject that Priest explored during his stellar BP run.

Priest clearly illustrated T'Challa at his shrewdest, when his reasons for joining the Avengers were laid bare.

In one fell swoop, he created the foundation upon which a revitalised and repurposed T'Challa was launched upon an unsuspecting fanbase.

Enigmatic, unknowable and all the more deadly for it, the ten steps ahead of his opponents T'Challa introduced by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby back in 1966, was back in town kicking ass and taking names using a combination of genius level guile and martial prowess to achieve his overarching objectives.

Critically acclaimed and loved by readers enthused by a swagged out T'Challa, Priest was hailed as being the writer who brought the BP mythos back to centre stage.

Priest's Black Panther was a character you had to sit up and take notice of whether you liked it or not.

Priest got major props from appreciative BP enthusiasts but has ever been the case, there were some who chose to go the dark route with complaints that T'Challa was a Gary Stuart under Priest's pen.

Today, Coates is writing a BP book that diminishes all that T'Challa is, and some find this take more to their liking.

The age of the Unfan seems to be in the ascendant but as I've stated previously, the cancellation of the two satellite BP books indicates a chink in the armor of this writer that may lead to a full blown rout.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I can't understand why some of you are wasting time debating over a subject that Priest explored during his stellar BP run.

Priest clearly illustrated T'Challa at his shrewdest, when his reasons for joining the Avengers were laid bare.

In one fell swoop, he created the foundation upon which a revitalised and repurposed T'Challa was launched upon an unsuspecting fanbase.

Enigmatic, unknowable and all the more deadly for it, the ten steps ahead of his opponents T'Challa introduced by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby back in 1966, was back in town kicking ass and taking names using a combination of genius level guile and martial prowess to achieve his overarching objectives.

Critically acclaimed and loved by readers enthused by a swagged out T'Challa, Priest was hailed as being the writer who brought the BP mythos back to centre stage.

Priest's Black Panther was a character you had to sit up and take notice of whether you liked it or not.

Priest got major props from appreciative BP enthusiasts but has ever been the case, there were some who chose to go the dark route with complaints that T'Challa was a Gary Stuart under Priest's pen.

Today, Coates is writing a BP book that diminishes all that T'Challa is, and some find this take more to their liking.

The age of the Unfan seems to be in the ascendant but as I've stated previously, the cancellation of the two satellite BP books indicates a chink in the armor of this writer that may lead to a full blown rout.

The dissemination of misinformation among the Panther Nation requires dedication of determination to the termination of said information lest it become an infestation.

Ultimate Member

Why exactly does being a school teacher allow him to blend into the Avengers? None of the other Avengers are school teachers, so him not being one probably isn't much of a red flag.
    It doesn't help as far as spying on the Avengers. In fact, it's needlessly complicated if it's only a front. However, it works if T'Challa not doing much else and he wants to give back to the community or if he wants to connect to other black folks.

Ultimate Member

He would have done it if he stayed an FF cast member.

Or if he had formed his own "The Royal Science Patrol" or something. In fact, that would be a cool pitch if they ever brought back WoW. Young T'Challa's fantasy adventures...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Nah Nah Brotha Maj, you go it mixed-up. Unfans hated Priest run because T'Challa had Tech and a badass Microweave and badass gadgets as well as Supreme martial arts prowess to go with his genius and plans upon plans and the unfan whined that Tchalla should run around in a kitty suit without any protection and showcase how well he could take a beating and How honorable he was.

Hudlin's Panther was the version unfans cried fowl to Gary Stu due to his swagger, charisma, and confidence I. A sense that Priests version was a more secretive, Hudlin's version was upfront about it. Unfans cried when the real Tchalla was putting game and the women either white or of color, were wanting to get down with the King.
    An unfans worst nightmare

Ultimate Member

T'Challa doesn't have to be any sort of boob to realize he can learn a great deal from the Avengers. Again, during his confrontation with Nightshade he expressed interest in learning from her, and she's not even as highly a rated an intellect as several of the Avengers T'Challa ended up working with.

Again, despite being from an advanced nation he's not arrogant enough to believe he doesn't have anything to learn from Nightshade, or the Avengers for that matter. Just as there are things T'Challa may likely have greater expertise in, so there are things guys like Pym and Beast and Stark may have greater expertise in as well.
    The issue really isn't whether or not he could learn anything from the Avengers. The issue is that Coate's retcon subverts the character's previously established personality to re-enforce his version and it does so in a way that poses more questions than it answers.

Say I leave my home when I'm 18 and join the army. Most people just assume I did it cuz I wanted a career. Fine. Then years later I admit, I did it because I was secretly fighting with my dad and I just had to get out of the house. Folks go ok...understandable. But then, I start telling people the reason I left was because my dad wouldn't let me see my girlfriend. Folks will start thinking, "If that was the real reason all along, why didn't you actually spend time with her when you had the chance?"

Wait so now the arguement is T'Challa joined the Avengers to learn geography?

This is so confusing

Sure, he can learn from the Avengers. But that wasn't his reason for joining. He joined to spy on them.
    Spying originally wasn't his reason either. Again these are all retcons decades after the fact. But because this is fiction Priest explanation became the real reason once he wrote, and the same thing happened with Coates.

That's the thing, it's like T'Challa is some boob from the hicks who needed to join the Avengers to get an education. He didn't need to join to do that.
    Are these guys tchalla fans or are they here to just ride with the mayberrys and coates of the world? Is it a paid gig like one of those secret shopper hustles? Im genuinely curious about this now..

BANNED

Spying originally wasn't his reason either. Again these are all retcons decades after the fact. But because this is fiction Priest explanation became the real reason once he wrote, and the same thing happened with Coates.
    Coates version is to be ignored because it goes against everything that Tchalla represents and stands for. True fans will recognize the real reason, not this fake bullshit version Coates tried and failed to re-establish as canon