Page 4381 of 4381 FirstFirst ... 3381388142814331437143774378437943804381
Results 65,701 to 65,713 of 65713

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    One problem I had with EMH is they had him run on all fours when there was no need to. Its like they assemble when villian shows up and he jogs like a cat.
    I HATED that lol.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Astonishing Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    One problem I had with EMH is they had him run on all fours when there was no need to. Its like they assemble when villian shows up and he jogs like a cat.
    Did he not do that in the comics? I suppose, while I'm reading Panther's Rage, I should check to see what they did there. I know he crouches and leaps like a panther a lot, but that's obviously quite a bit different.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Almost certainly Earth's Mightiest Heroes, although I still love the theme song for the BET version.
    Definitely earth's mightiest heroes. That cartoon made him feel like he was one of the core Avengers, rather than a "b" team reservist who fills a spot when Cap or Iron Man or whatever aren't around.

Formerly rsreed13 robreedwrites's Avatar
    Reviews at Adventures in Poor Taste: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/author/robert/
    I also write reviews for Newsarama

Incredible Member KidStranglehold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Death battle has a way of being very biased, for instance, they had Batman take on Spidey and Spidey spanked that ass, bat fans went ballistic so they did a Batman vs Cap video, and down played Cap hard, saying that he is only adept at different form of h2h while Batman is a master, and said Cap could only lift about 1100 pounds and Batman could lift about 1000 so Their strength was equal, then so other BS.

Point is, on YouTube, there have been other videos with people with more comic book knowledge that have done that fight and everyone of them say Tchalla wins because he is superior on everyway and it's true
    Yeah I don't know why people bother with Deathbattle. They favor DC characters and their comic knowledge is crap. Cap is SUPERHUMAN in comics and has consistently shown high end strength feats whereas Batman who is a HUMAN has not. Saying they are equal is strength shows why no one should take DB seriously. I thought it was just DBZ fanboys who were just acting like fanboys when Goku lost but no they were right in a way.

Courtesy of Blindwedjat from the HEF:

Quote Originally Posted by BlindWedjat
    We got some Black Panther stuff in the February 2018 issue of Total Film magazine:

• -Ryan Coogler initially felt challenged by the fact that he was doing a movie in which he hadn't cast the lead himself, until he had a meeting with both Kevin Feige and Chadwick, saying he was "inspired" by both of them, their work on Civil War, and the time he spent with Marvel Studios.

-Coogler also says he felt the same kind of pressure to make the best movie he could out of this as he did with Fruitvale Station and Creed because he knows how much they mean to him and to other people, although to a much larger extent with Black Panther

-It was actually Marvel's idea to take a lot of inspiration from the Bond films and apply it to Black Panther's character and world, which Ryan Coogler found interesting and exciting. There's apparently some inspiration from Mission: Impossible as well (T'Challa being flanked by his Dora Milaje).

-Chadwick Boseman looked at all of the Bond movies and learned 12 different martial arts as part of his research.

-Upon realising that he had to treat Wakanda as a secret place the world didn't really know about, he looked at movies by Coppola The Godfather, Scorsese and his favourite film A Prophet as ideas on how to handle a film about secrets and secret societies. He also used this as a basis on handling T'Challa's network of family and allies in which "people do work that couldn't be talked about, that people couldn't know about".

-Letitia Wright says she believes Shuri can help people and kids who are in school, those who are super-smart and intelligent in finding confidence in themselves, and says the film represents both men and women well, equally, and beautifully. Chadwick also added the the female characters strengthen T'Challa and it is refreshing to see in today's social and political climate.

-The Black Panther Civil War suit was very uncomfortable for Chadwick as he could hardly raise his arms up and could only breathe through his mouth, so this was part of the process in designing the new suit.

-Ruth E. Carter was inspired by the texture and design of Superman's suit in Batman v Superman which she went to see up close in real life, and wanted the replicate the design of a muscle suit you could see underneath on the outer layer, which she said is also made of vibranium. The intricate triangular designs you can see up close on the new Black Panther suit is called Okavango (a delta in Botswana) by her and her team, as she feels it brings T'Challa back to Africa and Wakanda, and makes him not only superhero, but an African king.-

-Coogler believes that Michael B Jordan can stand on the other side of Chadwick as a performer and wanted to see how MBJ could flex his acting muscles as an antagonist. Jordan also believes that if the movie does a good job, viewers will find it hard who to root for between T'Challa and Erik Killmonger. He also said wearing his own version of a panther suit made him feel badass when looking in the mirror.

-Coogler trusts Marvel and the Russo brothers in handling T'Challa and Wakanda in Infinity War after meeting with them and discussing what Wakanda is and where it's going. He trusts them in making the best movie they can, and not put another story in a bad spot.

-Both Chadwick and Ryan, as well as the entire cast understand the importance of the subject matter of the film and of representation as a whole, but also said that in making the film, they all put out of their heads so they could make the best film possible and trusting the work they had done.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; Today at 12:14 PM.

Jungle Action #17 - Of Shadows and Rages

This is the climax of the battle and most of it is taken up by fight scenes. Given the big build up, I think this was necessary. We see the Black Panther everywhere, fighting soldier and dinosaur alike, we see the Kantu, the son of Karota, running to warn everyone. We see Killmonger's army attack the hospital where W'Kabi is healing. There's a lovely panel design with the Black Panther on the left and Killmonger on the right larger than life as they bookend panels in the middle. The narration describes what separates the two (such as their ideologies) while the panels physically separate them.

That being said, it claims that they're separated by ideology. While I think Killmonger is an effective villain just for his imposing and ruthless nature, this is a weakness of the character. What is Killmonger's ideology? The only possible thing I can think of is he seems to have a desire for modernization and to reject the traditions of Wakanda. But modernization isn't against T'Challa's view at all (aside from the role of the Black Panther). This isn't an M'Baku/T'Challa dynamic of modernization vs. tradition. To me, his motivation has always been less about ideology and more a quest for revenge. I guess old order vs. new order might be the closest to an ideological struggle we could get with all of Killmonger's followers symbolically taking new names in addition to their more literal use of the Resurrection Altar.

Back to the battle, most of the loose ends are tied up. King Cadaver mentally attacks Taku. Taku is rescued by Venomm. Venomm flings Cadaver away, where he is casually stepped on by a Brachiosaurus. Monica knocks out Malice when she turns to attack Venomm. During the fight, Killmonger calls out to T'Challa, challenging him to meet at Warrior Falls.

When T'Challa meets Killmonger, he is clearly confident and in command. And the narration says the same, the self-doubt that started this story has been overcome. The fight is back and forth. At one moment, it seems T'Challa finally has the upper hand. Then we turn the page and see a repeat of the first issue, Killmonger holding the Black Panther above his head, ready to throw. But, just as suddenly as this happens, Kantu, the son of the locals we've been following for awhile, whose father was killed by Baron Macabre and his village wiped out by Killmonger, charges at Killmonger and knocks him off the cliff.

I'm sure there are some that would think this cheats T'Challa of his victory. I think it underscores there are no victors, only survivors. And making it Kantu brings things full circle, just like T'Challa struck back against Ulysses Klaw for the death of T'Chaka, it's Kantu that gets to avenge his father. Even, as I said, I don't think it'll bring any solace.

It's filled with interesting panel layouts throughout. A few pages prior, there's a full page of horizontal panels not separated by gutters or true borders, just a thin black line that only occasionally appears with Kantu running on the right not part of the image at all. There's also a fullpage splash of T'Challa punching Lord Karnaj and Baron Macabre with smaller panels above. There's a spiral panel design when T'Challa confronts Killmonger. Finally, there's the page where Kantu pushes him, which is quite cool. I figure, rather than just describe these panels, I'll show them. Since I'm limited to three per post, I'll post two here and the following three in the next post if that's alright.

This is the story this issue needed to tell and I think it told it quite well.

Uniform Tear Count: One slash of spiked belt rips shoulder, next rips the entire side. Once again, the art is inconsistent so it's hard to say if there's more than that. At one point, T'Challa comments on how many costumes he's lost in the year fighting Killmonger.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Hope the images are OK. I didn't want to take up too much space. The point is to see it as a whole. Overall, I don't think Billy Graham is the strongest artist, but I do think he is very good at layout and panel design.

That being said, it claims that they're separated by ideology. While I think Killmonger is an effective villain just for his imposing and ruthless nature, this is a weakness of the character. What is Killmonger's ideology? The only possible thing I can think of is he seems to have a desire for modernization and to reject the traditions of Wakanda. But modernization isn't against T'Challa's view at all (aside from the role of the Black Panther). This isn't an M'Baku/T'Challa dynamic of modernization vs. tradition. To me, his motivation has always been less about ideology and more a quest for revenge. I guess old order vs. new order might be the closest to an ideological struggle we could get with all of Killmonger's followers symbolically taking new names in addition to their more literal use of the Resurrection Altar.
    Very good point about Killmonger. I've been reading the McGregor run as research for a blog post I'm putting to together. Of all the characters, Killmonger's political ideologies are the hardest to identify.

The only clear indication of Killmonger's ideologies I was able to find is the make-up of N'Jadaka village in the Priest run. Out of all the locations, N'Jadaka village is the one that most resembles a western city. QDJ in particular mentioned something along those lines.

Outside of that, Killmonger seems to be driven mostly power and revenge. Also, if I recall correctly, Killmonger isn't a fan of M'Baku, and vice-versa.
    Klaws of Wakanda - Princess/Queen Shuri Appreciation:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/klawsofwakanda/
    Tumblr: http://klawsofwakanda.tumblr.com/
    DeviantArt: http://klawsofwakanda.deviantart.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/klawsofwakanda

One of the things I find interesting is that some of the support for Killmonger does seem to come from what we would think of today as the Jabari. At least, that's my take on those who refer to T'Challa as the Panther Devil and the fact that their base of operations seems to be around the same areas as the White Gorillas. But there's certainly nothing that would suggest anything like M'Baku's beliefs.

One of the things I find interesting is that some of the support for Killmonger does seem to come from what we would think of today as the Jabari. At least, that's my take on those who refer to T'Challa as the Panther Devil and the fact that their base of operations seems to be around the same areas as the White Gorillas. But there's certainly nothing that would suggest anything like M'Baku's beliefs.
    I though the support was from his village. He kept it looking old on the surface but super tech underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Courtesy of Blindwedjat from the HEF:
    Nice read. The more I see/read about this film the more excited I become. This movie looks great and I can't wait to see it. I've never been more excited for a hero film.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Yeah I don't know why people bother with Deathbattle. They favor DC characters and their comic knowledge is crap. Cap is SUPERHUMAN in comics and has consistently shown high end strength feats whereas Batman who is a HUMAN has not. Saying they are equal is strength shows why no one should take DB seriously. I thought it was just DBZ fanboys who were just acting like fanboys when Goku lost but no they were right in a way.
    Strange because in most of the dc vs marvel battles I’ve seen, the Marvel characters tended to come out on top.

Hawkeye won against Green Arrow
    Spidey won against Batman
    Rogue won against Wonder Woman
    And Venom won against Bane.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"